How to fix the app for phone calls?

pwilliam1000
pwilliam1000 Member Posts: 4

The app for answering and making phone calls has just disappeared off my son's phone. If someone calls him, the phone rings but there is no way to answer it. He can place a call from the contacts app, but there is no option for dialing a number without a contact attached. Checked for updates, nothing outstanding. (Indeed, it seems like it may have been right after the last update that this became a problem). Anyway, any ideas on how to fix this?

Tagged:

Answers

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 473 Admin

Hi @pwilliam1000,

Great question! It can be alarming to find that an important app like the Phone or Messenger app accidentally deleted or missing from your Gabb Phone. Luckily, there is a quick fix! You can simply search for the missing app in the Play Store and redownload.

How to manage apps on your child’s Gabb Phone 3 Pro:

1. Sign into your Gabb Account online at gabb.com/account
    2. Click on “Gabb App Store” and choose the app you’d like to enable
    3. Add the app you’d like your child to have access to
    4. Your child may now download the app from the Play Store app on their Gabb Phone 3 Pro

This process is shown here. Hope this helps!

-Reagan

• pwilliam1000
    pwilliam1000 Member Posts: 4

This was not helpful.

The only apps currently appearing in the Gabb App Store are 3rd party apps. There is not a single app corresponding to the factory ready apps with which the phone was originally equipped.

• ReaganKowal

@pwilliam1000

Sorry for the confusion with the steps above. Those steps show how to download a 3rd party app to the device. Because the Phone app is a default to the phone, the process is a bit different. Here are the steps:

1. On the Gabb Phone 3 Pro open the Google Play Store
    2. Search "Phone"
    3. Scroll until you find the Phone app
    4. Download

This app will not need to be approved through the parents MyAccount as it is a default app to the phone.

-Reagan

• 5girl
    5girl Member Posts: 2

i have accidentally deleted the phone app on my standard gabb phone and there is no App Store to find that app how do i get it back?

• ReaganKowal

Hello @5girl,

Great question! The Gabb Phone (Z2) has different steps than the Gabb Phone 3 Pro in this situation. Here are those steps for you:

1. Open Settings App -> System -> Reset Options -> Reset App Preferences -> Reset Apps
    2. Open Settings App -> System -> Reset Options -> RESET SETTINGS

Hope this helps!

-Reagan

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center