Pairing new device

DanaMarie
DanaMarie Member Posts: 2

Hello, I keep getting an error message when trying to pair my son's new Gabb phone pro 3. I have an android phone and downloaded the recommended apps, restarted the phone, and both phones have enough service. I have also tried scanning the code and entering it manually. Getting frustrated here, please help!

Tagged:

Comments

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 473 Admin

Hello @DanaMarie,

Sorry to hear you were experiencing trouble getting paired to your Gabb Phone 3 Pro. It's great to see that you were able to talk with our Customer Support and got this resolved. It looks like you were able to successfully pair to your devices and get it up and running properly. Love to see it!

-Reagan

• Darlene66
    Darlene66 Member Posts: 2

I am having the same problem. What can I do to resolve.

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 473 Admin
    edited July 22

Hello @Darlene66,

It's great to see that you were able to call our Customer Support to get assistance with pairing to your Gabb Phone 3 Pro. Sorry to hear you were experiencing some trouble with the pairing process.

Here are some troubleshooting steps to try is you are experiencing trouble pairing to your Gabb Phone 3 Pro:

1. Ensure your MyGabb app is on the most recent update through the Google Play Store (for Android) or Apple App Store (for Apple).
    2. Reset on Gabb Phone 3 Pro > Settings App > General Management > Reset > RESET NETWORK SETTINGS

Thank you for working with our team to ensure your device is working properly!

-Reagan

• Nointernet
    Nointernet Member Posts: 2

i can't find the QR code on the gabb phone to pair my phone

• Jeff
    Jeff Member Posts: 2

I am having the same problem and I have done what was suggested. Any other ideas?

• Gabb Product
    Gabb Product Administrator Posts: 87 Admin

Hi @Nointernet and @Jeff - a few steps to follow and try for paring your Gabb phone with the parent MyGabb app for GPS tracking:

1. Make sure the Gabb phone is active. If it can place calls and receive texts etc, it is active.
    2. Download the MyGabb App on your smartphone. Make sure you login using the same information you'd use to login at gabb.com/account. Login at gabb.com/account and make sure the Gabb device in question appears under that account. This will ensure you're not logging into a Gabb account on your app that is not associated with the Gabb phone.
    3. Connect the Gabb phone to WiFi.
    4. Open the MyGabb App on the Gabb device. You might need to scroll and tap "Show QR Code"
    5. You may now open your MyGabb App on your parent smartphone, click "add device" and scan the Gabb phone's QR code to pair.

• Ecav
    Ecav Member Posts: 2

Im having the same issue. I was working the chat feature and they were trying to help, but after 6 hours messing with the app, the new phone is still not connected.

• AreYouKiddingMe
    AreYouKiddingMe Member Posts: 2

I can't get my son's device paired either. I have been trying for days now! I have had to take an afternoon off work to deal with the incredibly slow user chat. Customer service isn't available during off business hours and I haven't been able to find a phone number anywhere for assistance other than the online chat. This is an incredibly frustrating experience.

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center