GPS Location Gabb Phone 3 Pro

Mom2seven
Mom2seven Member Posts: 2
edited August 29 in Gabb phones

Anyone else struggling to keep the GPS location working on tracking your child? It worked OK for us from February 2024 until end of June 2024 when suddenly it no longer works. I've tried resetting the phone, deleted and reinstalled the app, kept up on updates.....

Anyone have success getting theirs to work after not working? Anyone having the same issue?

Tagged:

Comments

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 438 Admin
    edited July 10

Hi @Rjuelfs,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are experiencing with your Gabb Phone 3 Pro with the GPS Location. We know this is an important feature for the peace of mind of a parent and take this very seriously. We see that Customer Support reached out and did some troubleshooting with you. We hope the following steps help get the GPS Location working properly for you again:

1. Update Firmware and Software on the Gabb Phone 3 Pro:
      1. Navigate to the Knox E Fota app and check for updates
      2. Google Play Store app and tap the circle in the top right > Manage Apps and Devices > The second line should say "All apps up to date" or "Download/install updates."
    2. Reset Network Settings on Gabb Phone 3 Pro:
      1. Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset network settings
    3. Network Reset with Customer Support:
      1. Ask a Customer Support agent to help troubleshoot the GPS Location error through a Network Reset
      2. Contact Customer Support by Live Chat on www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT
    4. Last Option is to unpair and pair back to the Gabb Phone 3 Pro:
      1. MyGabb app > Devices > Profile > Remove Device
      2. Open the Gabb ID app > Scan the QR code with your parent MyGabb app

If the GPS Location is still not updating after these troubleshooting steps, Customer Support will be able to continue working with you to further investigate this. Thank you for working with us on this!

-Reagan

• ReaganKowal

Hello @Mom2seven,

So sorry to hear that you are expecting errors with the GPS location on your Gabb Phone 3 Pro. Your post has been merged with this thread to show troubleshooting steps that others have used to help with this issue.

You mentioned you were able to keep up on updates, reset the phone, and delete and reinstall the MyGabb app. These are great troubleshooting steps. We highly recommend following the above steps for best results.

Hope this helps!

-Reagan

• DawnG
    DawnG Member Posts: 2

YES. Same with me. This is why we have a gabb phone and the one feature I really care about doesn’t work. I’ve done all of the suggested things that gabb tells me to do and ONCE it fixed the problem. I had to go back in and reset everything afterwards though. Including her safe places. Went to check her location this week since she’s at camp and we’re back to the same issue. I really wanted to keep my child away from an iPhone but at this point, I just don’t know how else to monitor her location. So disappointed.

• ReaganKowal

Hello @DawnG,

This experience sound very frustrating. Sorry for any trouble this has caused. Our team has looked into this type of situation and have found further troubleshooting that can help!

We have found that sometime the MyGapp app gets put into a sleep or deep sleep mode. This can prevent the MyGabb app from sending the devices location to the parent. You can help prevent this from happening by follow these steps:

• Settings -> Battery -> Background usage limits -> Never auto sleeping apps -> plus (hit the plus icon) -> select MyGabb  -> Hit add

This will prevent the app from going into a sleep state and ensure the parent can see their kids location. Hope this helps!

-Reagan

• NelsonR
    NelsonR Member Posts: 2

Please allow parents to download Life360. The tracking app in Gabb is not accurate and half the time doesn't work. Sometimes when my child is sitting right beside me it alerts me that she has left her safe area. She travels for sports and rides a bus to school. I would like to know that she is safe when I can not be with her. We NEED something more reliable and accurate.

• K8gret
    K8gret Member Posts: 1

I mainly got the Gabb phone to be able to call and locate my child when they are away from home. Anytime I click “locate” in the app, it just keeps circling and will show me his location 27 min ago (for example) and never refreshes with his current location.
    I am hoping to find the location right away, and not 20-30 minutes ago. This has been happening very frequently.
    Is it just our device??

• ReaganKowal

@NelsonR and @K8gret,

Your posts were merged into this post as others have experienced similar errors with the GPS on their Gabb Phone 3 Pros. Please reference the troubleshooting steps above for assistance.

Hope this information helps!

-Reagan

• Sims8311
    Sims8311 Member Posts: 1

These screens have not updated in My Gabb app since July 5th. We live on the East Coast but were visiting out West, so the phone has been stuck on the location in Wyoming and the time zone with 0% battery ever since. I have turned on and off the device numerous times and we let the battery fully die and recharge without any changes. The map locator and battery feature has rarely worked since getting the phone in March, but at least his clocked worked for him. Any other ideas?

• ReaganKowal

Hello @Sims8311,

Your post was merged into this one as others have experienced a similar error on their Gabb Phone 3 Pro. Please reference the troubleshooting steps above for assistance.

Thank you!

-Reagan

• mmlm
    mmlm Member Posts: 2

I am having the exact same issue and it started about the same time. My son is in sports, and I used to always know when he arrived at the field for practice or when he arrived safely at school because of the safe zones. Now, it never updates. The location is one of the main reasons I have a phone like this for him…

I have done everything, including swapping the SIM card which was suggested by GABB customer support and nothing has worked. The only thing I have not checked are his "deep sleep" settings, but I shouldn't have to deep dive into his phone settings to fix this issue. If there is a setting on the phone itself that would limit us tracking the GPS on the phone, then why is that setting accessible to our kids and not locked?

• ReaganKowal

Hello @mmlm

Your frustration and concern is heard! This is definitely not a normal for the device to continue to experience this error with the GPS after following the troubleshooting steps. It sounds like our team needs to further investigate this with you to see what the best next steps will be. They have reached out to you, please get back to them at your earliest convenience.

Thank you!

-Reagan

• Jlind
    Jlind Member Posts: 2

Same issue. I will try these fixes. Gabb- if there's anything you can do on your end, that would be great! So many of us are having the same problem, so a mass fix sounds necessary. This is an essential feature, and a large part of why we chose Gabb.

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center