Watch switching contact in messaging

JoshH
JoshH Member Posts: 2

Every time my son tries to text “mom” on his Gabb watch, his “dad” discussion comes up! Mom can text him, but when he responds it goes to me.

Messaging works well for every other contact. He can still call “mom” and it goes to her.

We have rebooted, software updated, deleted and reloaded contacts… still persists.

Can someone help?

Tagged:

Answers

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 474 Admin

Hi @JoshH

This is definitely not normal behavior for the Gabb Watch 3. Thank you for mentioning the troubleshooting you have done including rebooting, software updates and, delete and re-add contacts. Sorry to hear this troubleshooting did not resolve the issue for you. Please follow this troubleshooting step next:

• Factory reset on the device:
      • Place the watch on the charger
      • Press the back button (top right button) 10 times fast
      • An image will appear on the watch
      • Select the checkmark on the watch
      • The watch will power off, factory reset, then power back on when it’s finished

This steps should help resolve the error with the messages you are experiencing. Hope this helps!

-Reagan

• EldonS
    EldonS Member Posts: 2

Exact same thing happened on our daughter's watch. I Factory Reset it and it went away for a bit. Started adding contacts and it happened again. Now it won't text anyone. Factory Reset is a pain because you have to reload all the contacts again … guess I will have to do that again. Ughhh

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 474 Admin

@EldonS,

Sorry for any frustration this error has caused. If you are still experiencing trouble after following the above steps, please follow these steps:

Update Software on the Gabb Watch 3:

1. Connect Gabb Watch to WiFi by going to the settings app
    2. Open the ID app on the watch
    3. Tap Update Apps until the screen says "Apps are up to date!" You may need to tap the button multiple times. This may take several minutes to finish.
    4. Turn the watch off by holding down the power button for 4 seconds, select the power off icon on the watch screen, wait 15 seconds, then hold the power button for another 4 seconds to turn the watch back on.

Update the Firmware on the Gabb Watch 3:

1. Place watch on charger. Watch must be charged to at least 30% before updating
    2. Open the Check for Updates app (shown below)
    3. Tap the update button. The watch will automatically restart when the update is done.

Hope this helps!

-Reagan

• Cad0713
    Cad0713 Member Posts: 1

we’re having the exact same issue. My daughter tries to text me and it goes to my mom. I even deleted my mom out of her contacts and they still go to her but now she just doesn’t receive the reply. So frustrating. Might have to do a factory reset 😣

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center