Gabb watch 3 battery not lasting through the school day

HollyBowman22
HollyBowman22 Member Posts: 11
edited May 24 in Gabb watches

Super disappointed with the battery life on the Gabb watch 3. We charged it to full every night and by the time my son leaves school for the day it's dead. Kind of defeats the purpose of knowing that he left school and made it home safe... Can you guys fix this please? We'd like to stay with Gabb but it defeats the purpose if the charge won't last a full day.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 473 Admin
    edited September 17 Answer ✓

Hi Holly! Sorry to hear the battery life on your Gabb Watch 3 isn’t lasting as long as you need. Our Watch product team is constantly working to improve this.

Your Gabb Watch 3 battery should be lasting about 14 hours with regular usage. Regular usage would be things like making calls and texts, leaving and entering a few safe zones, and being GPS tracked a few times throughout the day. Important: The watch must have at least 3 bars of cell service to meet the battery life hours listed above. Consistent low cell service (1-2 bars) may result in faster battery drain as the watch expends more energy searching for a signal.

Additionally, there are some troubleshooting steps that you can do to help improve the battery life of your Gabb Watch 3! Follow the steps and tips here to increase your battery life.

-Reagan

Answers

• HollyBowman22

Oh, this is really good to know. I'll try those tips. Thanks!

• Hollymom3
    Hollymom3 Member Posts: 3

We are also experiencing the same poor battery life problem with the gabb watch 3.

• HollyBowman22

@Hollymom3 Did you try the step in that article @ReaganKowal linked? It really helped us. We've seen a huge difference!

• NeoMatrixJR
    NeoMatrixJR Member Posts: 4

My son's brand new Gabb Watch 3 can barely make it through the day sometimes. Whatever article was previously linked to is gone now. Can someone post those tips again?

• HollyBowman22

@NeoMatrixJR When you click on the link in @ReaganKowal response, does the Maximizing Battery Life on the Gabb Watch 3 article not pull up for you? I just tried it again and it worked for me.

I was having the same issue as you but I haven't had any issues since following the steps the article shows.

• NeoMatrixJR

Nope…it drops me to the Gabb Support page….

• NeoMatrixJR

Nevermind…whatever it is they're using to put this on the page…my adblocker caught it and kicked it out. I shut it off and it came up.

• ReaganKowal

@NeoMatrixJR,

Happy to hear you were able to get that article pulled up.

Hope it helps!

-Reagan

• bb16345
    bb16345 Member Posts: 2

Our battery does the same thing. Watch is about 2 months old. We followed the steps above and it helped a bit but the watch is down to 65% after being off the charger for 2 hours. Don't know if we have a dud or what but after spending $150 plus the monthly fee, and it only being 2 months, big bummer. Does anyone know if they do refunds or warranty?

• Kelly
    Kelly Member Posts: 2

I just bought this watch for my son, he’s had it only a few days the battery life doesn’t last through the day. He has a still image background, no open apps, the brightness turned down, and is connected to our home internet. I’m unimpressed, can anyone offer suggestions?

• ReaganKowal
    edited September 17

@bb16345

So sorry to hear about your experiences you've had with the battery life on your Gabb Watch 3. The Gabb Watch 3 has a normal usage of 14-18 hours. This includes activities such as voice calls, texting, gaming, Gabb Move activities, notifications, & Safe Zones. Your Watch must have at least three bars of cell service to meet the 14-18 battery hour life. Consistent low cell service (1-2 bars) may result in faster battery drain as the watch spends more energy searching for a signal.

Here are some very important troubleshooting steps to help maximize your battery life from the article linked above:

First: App Update on Gabb Watch 3

1. Connect Gabb Watch to WiFi by going to the settings app
    2. Open the ID app on the watch
    3. Tap Update Apps until the screen says "Apps are up to date!" You may need to tap the button multiple times. This may take several minutes to finish.
    4. Turn the watch completely off by holding down the power button for 4 seconds, select the power off icon on the watch screen, wait 15 seconds, then hold the power button for another 4 seconds to turn the watch back on.

Second: System Update on Gabb Watch 3

1. Connect to WiFi
    2. Place watch on charger. Watch must be charged to at least 30% before updating
    3. Open the Check for Updates app (shown below)
    4. Tap the update button. The watch will automatically restart when the update is done.

You can find 9 other troubleshooting steps in that article. If you are experiencing continual trouble with the battery life after following all of these troubleshooting steps, the next step would be to send you a replacement charger. Our Customer Support can help with that by contacting through chat on www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT.

-Reagan

• Puma
    Puma Member Posts: 2

My daughters new watch dies wayyyyy too fast - still having a hard time understanding why this is an issue. My garmin is smaller and lasts for legit over one month - 2 weeks in gps mode full time. Enduro 2. How can you not step up and put a battery in that will actually be needed if something does go wrong?

• Busymom6
    Busymom6 Member Posts: 2

Super Dissapointed as my son’s Gabb watch battery doesn’t even last a full day. I’ve followed the recommended steps Gabb tech support suggests, he has three bars a lot of the time and still it doesn’t last.

• beezoo
    beezoo Member Posts: 4

We charge my daughter' Gabb 3 watch every night to 100%. I completed all the tips in the article. The watch is in quiet time while in school but it still is consistently is almost dead by the end of school. We live in a city so not sure why it would be searching for cell service. What else is there to do?! Seems ridiculous that it can't last 8 hours with barely any use!

• Gabb Product
    Gabb Product Administrator Posts: 87 Admin
    edited September 24

Hello all!

We are continually working to improve each of our devices to best fit our customers every day life. On the most recent update, the Gabb Watch 3 has a normal usage of 14-18 hours. This includes activities such as voice calls, texting, gaming, Gabb Move activities, notifications, & Safe Zones. The standby battery life of the Gabb Watch 3 is 36-48 hours. Standby is when the watch is in the same spot and not actively in use, but is still powered on. The Watch conserves energy when in standby, allowing it to stay functional while using minimal power.

**If your device is experiencing less battery life than this after following the App Update, System Update and all 10 steps in the "How to maximize the battery life of your Gabb Watch 3" article, our Customer Support team will need to further investigate to see if your device qualifies for a Manufacturer Warranty replacement. You can contact Customer Support by chat at www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT.

Thank you for following all troubleshooting steps to help get this resolved.

-Gabb Product Team

• inielsen77
    inielsen77 Member Posts: 1

Has anyone else's battery start to die very fast after charging? For over a week now my daughters watch will charge to 100% overnight, and within 30 minutes of taking it off the charger it drops to 45%. I've tried all of the tricks and tips that have been listed, including updating software on both the watch and my app, I updated app software on the watch, dimmed screen brightness, changed the wallpaper, stopped all apps from running in the background, and made sure the alarms, timer and stopwatch were not running. I'm at a loss at what to try next. I've debated resetting it to factory settings, but I'm not sure if that would make a difference. The watch also starts to overheat while it's charging, and I've tried using different plugs in my house to see if that was a problem. Has anyone found any long term solutions that actually work for short battery life? Because I'm very close to just throwing this watch away and getting my daughter something else.

• ReaganKowal

Hello @inielsen77,

So sorry to hear that you are experiencing trouble with the battery live on your Gabb Watch 3. Per the post above yours from @Gabb Product, it sounds like further investigating into this could be helpful. They can help determine if this is an issue with the charger or the watch itself and can help send replacements out as needed.

Thank you for working with us to help get this resolved!

-Reagan

• jlc
    jlc Member Posts: 1

We just got a new gabb watch 3 in July. Recently it started dying by 10am after being at 100% at 8am. My son has the same watch without the same problems. Does anyone have experience with getting their watch replaced due to this problem?

• ReaganKowal

Hello @jlc,

Your post was merged into this one as others have asked similar questions. Sorry for any trouble or concern this issue with your battery life has caused. Please follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned above for assistance.

@Gabb Product mentions that if your device is experiencing less battery life than this after following the App Update, System Update and all 10 steps in the "How to maximize the battery life of your Gabb Watch 3" article, our Customer Support team will need to further investigate to see if your device qualifies for a Manufacturer Warranty replacement. You can contact Customer Support by chat at www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT. You can find the App and System Update steps in my post right above Gabb Products.

Thank you!

-Reagan

• MattK
    MattK Member Posts: 2

Since that last update the battery doesn't make it through the school day. Was planning on getting a watch for my other kid next year, but now looking at other options.

If it can't make it through a day, there no point to having it.

• tad
    tad Member Posts: 3

As a note to Gabb Product, we too have been having issues (like users above) with battery life ever since getting the watch, and no mitigations or hints have meaningfully changed the battery life. Our daughter does dance after school, and nearly always has a dead battery by the end of dance even with a full-charge at the beginning of the day, which makes the watch essentially unusable. We've started sending her with a portable power bank in her backpack, but it charges very unreliably from any power bank (we've tried 3 different models).

We don't need games, wallpapers, cute fonts, or even a color screen. All we really need is GPS, calling and texting and MINIMALLY 24-hour battery life. A 2-day battery would be best, as then you're not 100% out of luck if there was a charging failure in the middle of the night. A monochrome or e-ink screen would be a POSITIVELY WELCOME trade-off for battery life, as presently we're probably going to have her just bring a phone instead and discontinue the watch which is sad because it's so useful when it's actually powered-on.

• Gabb Product
    Gabb Product Administrator Posts: 87 Admin

Hello all!

Thank you for your comments on this post. Your feedback continues to help us better understand the customer experience and know where we can best improve. We have heard your concerns about the battery life on your Gabb Watch 3's and have recently released a new software update to resolve this. This is our new Gabb Watch 3e update. You can learn more about this update here in our Gabb Watch 3e help article👈

If your device has received the new update and is continuing to experience abnormal battery life, please contact Customer Support by chat at www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT to receive assistance investigating this further.

Thank you!

-Gabb Product Team

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center