Where is the Gallery app on Gabb phone 4 pro?

Stinger363
Stinger363 Member Posts: 2
edited August 5 in Software

I have a gabb phone 4 pro and can't find the gallery app. I have the photos app, but this does not let me edit or even delete the photos. Also, for wallpaper and contact pictures, it won't allow me to pick a picture to put up because I don't have the gallery app. Customer service said that all the Gabb phones come with the gallery app. Can you help?

Tagged:

Answers

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 438 Admin
    edited July 30

Hi @Stinger363,

The Gallery and Photo app on the Gabb Phone 4 Pro and Gabb Phone 4 have been combined. This is different than our Gabb Phone 3 Pro where they are two separate apps.

Apologies for any trouble you have run into with the features on the Photo app. Our Tech Team has been made aware of the bug causing this error and are working hard to get this resolved as soon as possible. Keep an eye out for updates on your device to receive the latest version of the Photo app. You can update your device by following these steps:

1. Update Firmware and Software on the Gabb Phone 4 Pro:
      1. Navigate to the Knox E Fota app and check for updates
      2. Google Play Store app and tap the circle in the top right > Manage Apps and Devices > The second line should say "All apps up to date" or "Download/install updates."

Hope this helps!

-Reagan

• Weavjb
    Weavjb Member Posts: 2

I'm also experiencing the same issue on my son’s new Gabb Phone Pro 4. The photos app will not allow him to delete any pictures off of his phone/cloud. He also cannot view a video that was texted to him. My daughter was able to view the same video on her Gabb Phone Pro 3 by using her Gallery app which is not present on the Pro 4.

• ReaganKowal

@Weavjb,

As mentioned above, the Gallery and Photo app have been combined on the Gabb Phone 4 Pro and Gabb Phone 4. This is different from the Gabb Phone 3 Pro where the two apps are separate.

Our team is working hard to resolve the bug that is causing this error to occur. Thank you for your patience as we work to make this right!

-Reagan

• Jms650
    Jms650 Member Posts: 3

How do you get the gallery app to work?

We can text pics to our child's GP4 but then what...?? I am very familiar with the Samsung platform, and the gallery isn't accessible...

Storage issue?

SIM issue (phone calls/texts)

Camera setting? Takes pics... but again, no Gallery app...

Team, parents.... what cha got for this?

Tia

• BrandonT
    BrandonT Member Posts: 11

My Gabb Phone 4 Pro has both apps. Both have different functions:

• Bamabean
    Bamabean Member Posts: 2

did this ever get resolved? My sons new phone has no gallery

• KMK
    KMK Member Posts: 1

The guidance I’ve seen on the forum for how to delete photos and not have them automatically restored from the Gabb cloud is NOT working for me on the Gabb Phone 4 Pro. I delete the photos from the photo app and then as soon as I exit and return to the photo app, they are back.

Please advise on how to resolve, as my child has a ton of images saved from when they were just playing around with the phone which they now want gone.

• Jms650
    Jms650 Member Posts: 3

Any update on this…?? Seems like it shoud be working on the Samsung platform, since Gallery is on their devices for many generations…..

TIA

• Nelson_EJ7
    Nelson_EJ7 Member Posts: 2

We ran the updates that Reagan above suggested, but these issues are still there for us too. We cannot save photos from the messenger texts, cannot play videos sent to us from texts, cannot delete/edit photos from Photo gallery, cannot share from Photo gallery, and cannot use photos for Wallpaper or contacts.
    Very frustrating.

• ndo6532
    ndo6532 Member Posts: 2

We are experiencing a similar issue. When we are in the photo app and I click on the 3 dots in the top right corner all it does is give specific information as to when the photo was taken and such. We cannot set a photo to be wallpaper, either. Any idea when this issue will be resolved?

• Cstan
    Cstan Member Posts: 2

same here. Any solution?

• Ecshaw
    Ecshaw Member Posts: 2

Both the camera and gallery buttons in the Contacts app produce error messages saying they are prevented by the security policy. There is no Gallery app on the phone or available in the App Store, only the Photos app. The only option in the three dots menu when a photo is selected is Delete. How can we add photos to contacts?

• W_P
    W_P Member Posts: 1

There is no gallery for your photos. Any photos taken can not be deleted. You cannot add a photo to a contact. AGHHH. This is not okay. Gabb is aware of the situation and we are told to wait for a fix. I am not okay waiting for a fix on a brand new phone. I want to return it but now we can't delete anything off of the phone before returning it. They want me to return the device with pictures of my child on it. They say I can't factory reset it or wipe it clean but they will do that when I return it??? What?

• nlook24
    nlook24 Member Posts: 4

I was experiencing all of the same issues. However, when I checked the Gabb phone 4 pro this morning, the gallery app had magically appeared. Through the gallery app, I was able to resolve all of the previous issues I had been having. It seems as though the developers reinstated the app. Maybe make sure your Gabb phone is connected to wifi and see if you can get it installed.

• KristinButler
    KristinButler Member Posts: 2

Same issue with being able to add contact photos on a brand new Gabb Phone 4. We click the photo button and then it gives only the option to choose a picture (not take a photo) and when we choose one there's no way to actually select or save it.

• KelKel118
    KelKel118 Member Posts: 2

We are having the same issues. Still can’t get a contact to allow a photo to be added to it. How is this being solved?

• ReaganKowal

Hello @KelKel118,

Here are the steps to take on the Gabb Phone 4 Pro to add a photo as a contact:

1. Open the Gallery App (NOT the Photos app)
    2. Select the three dots on top right of picture
    3. Select "use photo as"
    4. Select "Contacts"
    5. Set contact photo

Hope this helps!

-Reagan

• AshleyElizabeth
    AshleyElizabeth Member Posts: 1

my daughter got her Gabb on 08/06/24 and can’t assign a photo to her contacts. But my oldest with a Gabb phone 3 can…..please advise

• ReaganKowal

@AshleyElizabeth Please advise the notes from this post.

Thank you!

-Reagan

• Sara
    Sara Member Posts: 3

I have two 4 pro phones - just purchased. When we select a photo in the gallery, there is no option to set it as a wallpaper or a ‘use photo as’ option. It says only: select all, favourite, move to folder, copy to folder, create collage’ When we go to Wallpaper settings, there is nowhere that will take us to the gallery to select a photo from there either. Please advise!! Very frustrating

• ReaganKowal

Hi @Sara,

Sorry to hear you are having some trouble with your Gallery App. Here are some troubleshooting steps to help get this resolved:

1. Update Firmware and Software on the Gabb Phone 4 Pro:
      1. Navigate to the Knox E Fota app and check for updates
      2. Google Play Store app and tap the circle in the top right > Manage Apps and Devices > The second line should say "All apps up to date" or "Download/install updates."
    2. Reset Settings on Gabb Phone 3 Pro:
      1. Open Settings App -> System -> Reset Options -> Reset WiFi & Bluetooth
      2. Open Settings App -> System -> Reset Options -> Reset App Preferences -> Reset Apps

Hope this helps!

-Reagan

• ct11
    ct11 Member Posts: 1

Any update on when the phones will allow for photo album pictures to be used as wallpaper? I was told it was being worked on before.

• Nunya
    Nunya Member Posts: 2

My child has the new Pro 4.

It has both the Google Photos app and Gallery. Google Photos is giving an "admin has not given access to this item". Are they supposed to be able to sign in and pull their Google Photos into Gallery?

• ReaganKowal

Hello @Nunya,

The Google Gallery app is the default app for the phone. Due to the app needing an internet browser, it is not possible for the user to log into their Google account for the app.

The Gabb Gallery app is the app to use.

Thank you!

-Reagan

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center