Gabb watch 3 won't charge

chrism728
chrism728 Member Posts: 2
edited August 6 in Gabb watches

I am trying to update the software on my daughter's Gabb Watch 3, but I noticed it's been charging for over a day and isn't charging more than 1%. I've tried wiping off the charger and the back of the watch but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Sometimes I am able to get the Gabb logo screen to show up briefly but then it disappears before I can get to the settings screen.

Any advice?

Tagged:

Comments

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 418 Admin
    edited September 4

Hello @chrism728,

This experience with your Gabb Watch 3 not taking a charge sounds frustrating as this is not normal for our devices. Sorry for any trouble this has caused you and your family. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to get it working properly again:

1. Ensure you are using a charging block that will support the Gabb Watch
      1. A recommended charging block can be found here
    2. Try different plugs around your home

If you are still experiencing trouble with the charging, our Customer Support can further investigate to find the best next steps. It looks like you are currently working with our Support team now. Thank you for working with them to help get your device up and working again!

Customer Support can be contacted chat on www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT.

-Reagan

• Scott8789
    Scott8789 Member Posts: 2

Our Gabb Watch 3 won't power on. It won't charge or anything. I have tried factory resetting it but there is no power to even try it. It has always been rather hot to the touch since we received it so I am guessing it is defective. Pretty disappointing considering we have barely used it in the couple months we have owned it.

• ReaganKowal

@Scott8789,

Sorry to hear you were experiencing these trouble with your Gabb Watch 3. It's great to see that you were able to contact our Customer Support team and get a new charger sent to you as troubleshooting. Thank you for working with our team to get this resolved!

-Reagan

• ChristinaN
    ChristinaN Member Posts: 1

I received my daughter’s Gabb Watch on 08/01. When arriving the watch was already “hot” to touch coming out the package. I set up the watch and had no issues with it the first two days. Then on Saturday I put the watch to charge and it did not charge that night. So on Sunday, I managed to get it to charge to 30% by messing with it all morning. I went through the steps of trouble shooting the watch by factory resetting it not once but 5 times and making sure the watch software was updated and the apps were updated. Issues I am running into

1. I placed the watch on the charger and it would say “charging” then return to the Home Screen and it in fact was not charging. I tried multiple charging outlets and blocks in my house.
    2. The other issue I was having was the watch would not set up the quiet mode when I was testing it.

On Monday 08/05, I contacted support telling them the issues I was running into. They made me trouble shoot it again, and after telling the rep that the watch was literally not staying connected on the charger to “factory” reset it, she basically said I can’t move the cord or take the watch off but I didn’t. I finally was able to get it to stay connected to factory reset it, the watch was already updated on the apps and software for Sunday 08/04. She told me it takes 24 hours and they would follow up with me regarding if I still had issues.

Fast forward to today 08/06, quiet mode is working which is a plus, but the watch will not stay connected to the charger. I found that the only way for the watch to stay connected to the charger is if I power off the device, connect the MagSafe as it is powering off, then power it back on. It will stay connected but the minute I take it off the charger and put it back on it loses connection completely. Is this normal? Am I gonna have to turn the device off everytime to just charge it?

• Kiwi
    Kiwi Member Posts: 2

We haven't been able to get our watch constantly charge since the second week we got it. We have trouble shot ever online way. It's on the most current update, cleaned both the charger and charger with electronic cleaning wipes, to the point the gabb logo is gone on the bottom. There are days it charges and days it just won't. It's almost not worth it. What's the point if having this watch if it can't be used? Can't wait for the contract to be up.

• ReaganKowal

Hello @ChristinaN,

Sorry to hear about the experience you have had with your Gabb Watch and the charging. It's great to see that you were able to work with our Customer Support team again since this post to get a new charger sent to you as a troubleshooting step. Thank you for continually working with our team to help get this resolved!

-Reagan

• ReaganKowal
    edited August 9

Hi @Kiwi,

Apologies that you have had trouble with the charging on your Gabb Watch 3. Sorry to see that you have not reached out to our Customer Support team for further troubleshooting. Our team has reached out and would be more than happy to help assist to help resolve this issue. Please respond back to them at your earliest convenience.

-Reagan

• Afunk
    Afunk Member Posts: 1

A couple of months ago, the watch quit turning on or charging. After a few days, it finally started charging and worked. Fast forward to last Tuesday, the watch quit working again. I have had it on the charger for a week now and it will not charge or power on. I read through this chat group and tried the back button (10x fast) and nothing happened. What is the next step?

• ReaganKowal

Hello

Thank you for sharing the troubleshooting you were able to do to help resolve this issue. Sorry to hear that the troubleshooting did not resolve it. It's great that you were able to reach out to our Customer Support to get a new charger sent out to you as the next troubleshooting step. Thank you for working with our team to help get this resolved!

-Reagan

• jacase07
    jacase07 Member Posts: 1

One of our watches quit charging. How do we fix this? We've tried it on multiple chargers and nothing seems to work. We've had it for about 9 months.

• ReaganKowal

Hello @jacase07,

Your post was merged into this one as others have experienced a similar trouble. Please reference the comments above for troubleshooting steps.

Thank you!

-Reagan

• CaroDWill
    CaroDWill Member Posts: 2

I have this same problem. We have had our watch for about 3 weeks and now it will not charge. Did getting a new charger help? I am so upset and so is my child. He has terrible anxiety about going to school and having this watch helped him so much.

• ReaganKowal

Hi @CaroDWill,

So sorry to hear that your Gabb Watch 3 is experiencing some trouble with charging. Troubleshooting the charger or replacing the charger is a great troubleshooting step that many people find successful. Our team has reached out to help. Please respond to them at your earliest convenience.

Thank you!

-Reagan

• Mirna
    Mirna Member Posts: 1

I’ve had this watch one week and every time I put it on the charger it says charging like for a second a s then it stops charging

• ReaganKowal

Hi @Mirna,

Your post was merged into this one as others have had a similar experience. Sorry to hear that you are having some trouble with the charging on your Gabb Watch. Please follow the troubleshooting steps at the top of this post. If you are still experiencing trouble with the charging, please respond back to our Customer Support for further troubleshooting.

Thank you!

• Twarlow
    Twarlow Member Posts: 1

The watch will not charge. I tried chasing it, as one article suggested. I tried two different outlets in my house, as well as plugs. Nothing is working.

• Pai
    Pai Member Posts: 2

I’ve also been having difficulty with charging this watch…

I tried contacting customer service yet still waiting for a connection with someone…

we have not had the watching for some time now… tried multiple outlets, wiped the back in and such off will not charge…

How many times have others had to reach out to customer service…

Tried to go a more convenient n protective route for my child purposes of a regular smart phone and it’s been very limited

Would love to hear from someone on the service team to get a solution for our problem

• ReaganKowal

@Twarlow and @Pai,

Thank you for reaching out to Customer Support to help further investigate the trouble you were experiencing on your Gabb Watch 3. It's great to see that you were able to both get this resolved.

Thank you for working with our team!

-Reagan

• EVmom1618
    EVmom1618 Member Posts: 2

I am having the same issues; not charging fully, not staying charged enough to attempt update, etc. I tried to contact customer support multiple times but all I get is a round about on the virtual chat assistant and never with a real representative that can help me with this situation. We have been an avid customer for almost a year but if I am not getting the proper help I don't know if I want to use this service anymore.

• Keith
    Keith Member Posts: 7

@EVmom1618 have you tried calling? Usually you have to go through the AI chat first to get to the agents but if you don't want to do that you can always call. The phone number is at the top.

• nz2
    nz2 Member Posts: 1

we bought our watch just a couple of weeks ago for our daughter and it already will not charge or turn on. I am sitting on your chat line and nobody is responding. This is very frustrating as I am about to leave to take my daughter to school, which is the whole reason we bought her the watch. Please contact me ASAP.

• ReaganKowal

Hi @nz2,

Sorry to hear you were having some trouble with the charging on your Gabb Watch 3. It's great that you were able to get in contact with our Customer Support team to troubleshoot by following these steps:

Hard reset (Factory Reset) on the Gabb Watch 3

1. On the MyGabb App: Unpair the watch
    2. Select the "Devices" tab
    3. Select "Profile" on the watch you need to unpair
    4. Scroll to the bottom of the profile and select "Remove Device"
    5. Select "Remove and Reset"
    6. On the Watch: Factory Reset the watch
    7. Place the watch on the charger
    8. Press the back button (top right button) 10 times fast
    9. Select the checkmark on the watch
    10. The watch will power off, factory reset, then power back on when it’s finished
    11. Pair back to the watch

If you run into this problem again, ensure you have followed the troubleshooting steps in this thread. This will help our team know if a new charger will need to be sent out to you as the next troubleshooting step.

Thank you!

-Reagan

• Danisha
    Danisha Member Posts: 1

my sons watch came in and I put it on the charger it's been on the charger all day and it still says 0% charge. I took it off the charge and put it back on the charger and now it's not charging at all. The watch won't even turn on. Do I need a new watch and charger or what? He just got it Friday and I set it up updated it and everything and now it won't even turn on.

• ReaganKowal
    edited September 9

Hello @Danisha,

Your post was merged into this one as others have experienced a similar issue with the charging on their Gabb Watch 3. Please refer to all troubleshooting steps in this post for assistance.

Thank you!

-Reagan

• Rhemabland
    Rhemabland Member Posts: 1

My daughter’s Gabb watch will no longer charger. I’ve tested the charger in different outlets and it will not charge or turn on. I tried to reset it by placing on the charger and clicking the upper right button 10 times fast and no check mark appears. It appears to be completely dead and I only purchased the watch less than two months ago in July.

• SJ925
    SJ925 Member Posts: 1

this watch has been a disaster since the beginning. Watch will no longer charge and I have followed all of the troubleshooting steps. What’s next?

• ReaganKowal

@Rhemabland and @SJ925,

Hello! Your posts were merged into this one as others have experienced a similar issue with the charging on their Gabb Watch 3. Please refer to all troubleshooting steps in this post for assistance.

Thank you!

-Reagan

• Candiseby
    Candiseby Member Posts: 1

Hello! I am unable to charge my son's Gabb Watch 3. I have tried the troubleshooting steps I could find- I cleaned the back of the watch and the charger, held the power button for 10 seconds, and I also tried to factory reset the watch by pushing the bak ck button times. This appears to be a common problem- is there a trick I can try to have a working watch for school tomorrow?

• ReaganKowal

Hi @Candiseby,

So sorry to hear you are experiencing some trouble with the charging on your Gabb Watch 3. Thank you for doing those troubleshooting steps. Due to those steps not helping to resolve the charing issue, it sounds like you need a replacement charger as the next troubleshooting step.

Our amazing Customer Support team can help get that new charger sent out to you. Customer Support can be contacted by chat at www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT.

Thank you!

-Reagan

• Ash4253
    Ash4253 Member Posts: 1

watch has been charging all day and still will not turn on. It says battery is empty. Tried to factory reset but it did nothing.

• Sarahdawna
    Sarahdawna Member Posts: 1

I've done the troubleshooting in this thread and my son's watch won't hold a charge still.

This has happened before with the previous watch type. I don't want to pay for service that we're not able to use.

Please help.

• Gabb Product
    Gabb Product Administrator Posts: 52 Admin

Hello all!

We wanted to post a comment with all the troubleshooting steps all in one from the multiple comments above. If you are experiencing trouble with the charging on your Gabb Watch 3, please follow each of these troubleshooting steps:

1. Ensure you are using a charging block that will support the Gabb Watch 
      1. A recommended charging block can be found here
    2. Try different plugs around your home
    3. Hard reset (Factory Reset) on the Gabb Watch 3
      1. On the MyGabb App: Unpair the watch
        1. Select the "Devices" tab
        2. Select "Profile" on the watch you need to unpair
        3. Scroll to the bottom of the profile and select "Remove Device"
        4. Select "Remove and Reset"
      2. On the Watch: Factory Reset the watch
        1. Place the watch on the charger
        2. Press the back button (top right button) 10 times fast
        3. Select the checkmark on the watch
        4. The watch will power off, factory reset, then power back on when it’s finished
        5. Pair back to the watch

If the above troubleshooting steps do not resolve the trouble with the charging, please follow the next troubleshooting steps with our Customer Support:

1. New charger:
      1. Our Customer Support team will send a replacement charger
    2. Replacement Gabb Watch 3 through the Manufacturer Warranty:
      1. If ALL troubleshooting has been exhausted, our team can verify if your device qualifies for a Manufacturer Warranty replacement
      2. To qualify for the Manufacturer Warranty, the device cannot have any damage to it including scratches, cracks, dents, water damage, etc.

Our Customer Support can be contacted by chat at www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT.

Thank you!

-Gabb Product Team

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center