Steps not resetting everyday

Kris
Kris Member Posts: 2

We have had the watch for 3 weeks now. Some days the steps reset to 0 and some days it doesn't. Connected support and after troubleshooting they sent us a new one. The new one is doing the same thing. Apps and firmware up to date.

My son loves the step tracking and looks at it all the time - trying to get to a certain number a day - and it is frustrating that it is not working when other than tracking location this was the reason we went with Gabb. At this point, I am ready to return it and get a refund and somehow get out of my service plan contract to go with another brand.

Other issues include, not being notified for at least 25 minutes after leaving safe zone, "running out of time" on mimic game but support can't tell me what that time limit might be, and overheating.

Tagged:

Comments

• Lns1
    Lns1 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 31

is there a way for the daily steps to restart? I see this listed on the website but I’ve never seen this screen on my child’s watch. It is similar looking to an Apple Watch daily tracker but I’m not seeing it. My child wants to track daily steps, not overall steps. Also, is there a way for me to see that on the app profile?

• System
    System Administrator Posts: 7 Admin
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Gabb 3 watch not tracking steps.
  • ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 438 Admin
    edited September 20

Hello @Kris,

The step counter on our Gabb Watch 3 is set to reset from 0 at the beginning of each day. Sorry to hear that you're experiencing some trouble with this feature on your device. Apologies for any frustration this has caused. The troubleshooting you have done is a great starting point:

1. Power cycle reset to the Gabb Watch 3:
      1. Hold the power button down for 4 seconds > Select the power off icon on the watch screen > Wait 15 seconds > Hold the power button for another 4 seconds to turn the watch back on
    2. Unpair from the Gabb Watch 3
      1. MyGabb app > Devices > Profile > Remove Device > Pair back to the Watch to improve the connection between the parent MyGabb App and the Watch.
    3. App Update on the Gabb Watch 3:
      1. Connect Gabb Watch to WiFi by going to the settings app
      2. Open theIDapp on the watch
      3. Tap Update Appsuntil the screen says "Apps are up to date!" You may need to tap the button multiple times. This may take several minutes to finish.
      4. Turn the watch off by holding down the power button for 4 seconds, select the power off icon on the watch screen, wait 15 seconds, then hold the power button for another 4 seconds to turn the watch back on.
    4. System Update on the Gabb Watch 3:
      1. Place watch on charger. Watch must be charged to at least 30% before updating
      2. Open the Check for Updates app (shown below)
      3. Tap the update button. The watch will automatically restart when the update is done.
    5. Reset with Customer Support:
      1. Ask a Customer Support agent to help troubleshoot the Step Counter error
      2. Contact Customer Support by Live Chat on www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT

It looks like our Customer Support team has reached out to continue troubleshooting with as the above troubleshooting steps did not resolve the issue. Thank you for working with our team to escalate this bug!

-Reagan

• ReaganKowal

Hi @Lns1,

The daily step counter is set up to reset the steps each morning. If you find you are having trouble with this, please follow the troubleshooting steps above.

The step counter page on the Gabb Watch 3 has updated since that photo on our website. On the Gabb Watch, you will see a page that says "TODAYS STATS" the millage and step amount. You can view the steps of your device in your MyGabb app. You can find more information on what is available in your MyGabb app here!

-Reagan

• Blake
    Blake Member Posts: 1

We recently got the Gabb Watch3 for our active son. The Move app appears to be completely unusable (or we don't know how to use it..).

The steps sometimes work. When selecting different kinds of activities (Basketball, biking, etc.) you can start them but not pause or stop them.

Finally, even after a complete reset and update, it shows 16 hours of activities that my son didn't do because it keeps counting due to not being able to pause or complete workout.

He's angry and in tears because he can't accurately track what he's doing.

Can anyone help?

• ReaganKowal

Hello @Blake,

So sorry to hear you are experiencing this on your Gabb Watch 3. Your post was merged into this one as others have experienced a similar error. Please reference the troubleshooting steps above for assistance.

Thank you!

-Reagan

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center