Error reading Gabb ID

Hbk4
Hbk4 Member Posts: 3

My son's watch had not updated the location since June 10. Last week, all his contacts disappeared and he couldn't call anyone, but I could call him. After many troubleshooting attempts, I unpaired the watch and did a hard reset. It then would not pair back and kept saying "Error reading Gabb ID." I contacted support and was told it was a "known issue" and I would get an email when there was a fix. Still no email with a fix.

My daughter's watch started glitching over the last few days. It got worse this evening and after much troubleshooting and finally a hard reset it will not pair either. Continues to say "Error reading Gabb ID". I'm now paying for two watches that are useless and have received no help from support. I cannot find anything online that is helpful. My children have had these since Christmas and the problems, glitching, and errors keep getting worse. I'm basically paying for fancy paperweights. I have lost any confidence in their effectiveness.

Tagged:

Comments

• Aline
    Aline Member Posts: 1

I keep getting "Error when reading Gabb ID" message and won't connect. Manually won't work either. Customer service said they did it manually but still having the same issue. Any fixes?

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 474 Admin
    edited August 6

Hello @Aline,

It sounds like you had some trouble activating your new Gabb Watch 3. Apologize for any frustration this caused. When upgrading a line, the new device has to be activated before it is able to operate. Here are the steps to follow to active your new device in your MyAccount:

1. Log into your account here
    2. Select Dashboard
    3. Find the child accounts
    4. Select View Details
    5. Select Activate Device
    6. Follow the Prompts

Once the activation is complete, you can power the new device on and go through the pairing process. *Make sure to unpair from the old device before pairing to the new device.

It looks like you were still experiencing trouble with your new Gabb Watch 3 after activation and were able to troubleshoot with our amazing Customer Support team to sync the device to your account. Thank you for working with us to get your device up and working!

-Reagan

• jjmtnbkr30
    jjmtnbkr30 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 6

I have followed these steps and I'm still having the same problem as the original post. Its like the device fails to connect to the parent app.

• ReaganKowal
    edited August 6

Hello @jjmtnbkr30,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing trouble with getting your Gabb Watch 3 connected to your MyGabb App. Here is a great troubleshooting step to try next:

1. On the Watch: Factory Reset the watch
      1. Place the watch on the charger
      2. Press the back button (top right button) 10 times fast
      3. Select the checkmark on the watch
      4. The watch will power off, factory reset, then power back on when it’s finished
      5. Pair back to the watch
    2. Reset with Customer Support:
      1. Ask a Customer Support agent to help troubleshoot this error
      2. Contact Customer Support by Live Chat on www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT

Thank you for troubleshooting to get this resolved!

-Reagan

• Mattprince123
    Mattprince123 Member Posts: 1

Brand new device and account. Keep getting a error when reading gabb I'd message and won't connect.

• Hbk4
    Hbk4 Member Posts: 3
    edited August 6

I've had this issue with my son's watch last week. Support said it was a "known issue" and I would get an email when there was a fix. Now my daughter's watch started glitching and after a reset it will not pair either. Continues to say "Error reading Gabb ID". I'm not paying for two watches that are useless and have received no help from support. I cannot find anything online that is helpful. My children have had these since Christmas and the problems keep getting worse.

• Gabb Product
    Gabb Product Administrator Posts: 87 Admin
    edited August 6

Hello @Hbk4, @Mattprince123,

Thank you for your posts to bring awareness to the "Error reading Gabb ID" you are experiencing on your Gabb Watch 3. We hear you and apologize for any frustration this has caused you and your family. We have been able to find and resolve this issue. As of yesterday (August 5th) we have released an update to all Gabb Watches with the fix. Here are the steps to ensure your watch is on the most recent update:

Update Software on the Gabb Watch 3:

1. Connect Gabb Watch to WiFi by going to the settings app
    2. Open the ID app on the watch
    3. Tap Update Apps until the screen says "Apps are up to date!" You may need to tap the button multiple times. This may take several minutes to finish.
    4. Turn the watch off by holding down the power button for 4 seconds, select the power off icon on the watch screen, wait 15 seconds, then hold the power button for another 4 seconds to turn the watch back on.

Update the Firmware on the Gabb Watch 3:

1. Place watch on charger. Watch must be charged to at least 30% before updating
    2. Open the Check for Updates app (shown below)
    3. Tap the update button. The watch will automatically restart when the update is done.

Thank you for your patience as we worked to get this update out!

-Gabb Product

• Kp777
    Kp777 Member Posts: 1

What about those of us who cannot access the settings in the watch, because we're stuck on the initial set up pairing screen?

screen?

• ReaganKowal
    edited August 12

Hello @Kp777,

Sorry for this frustrating experience. The most recent update on the parent MyGabb app will help resolve this.

Please follow these steps to ensure you have the most recent update of the MyGabb app:

1. Delete the MyGabb app from your parent phone
    2. Re-download the MyGabb app from the Apple Store or Google Play Store
    3. Log out and back into the MyGabb app
    4. Pair to the Gabb Watch

If your device is stuck on the pairing screen after pressing the back arrow, please follow these steps:

1. Place the watch on the charger
    2. Press the back button (top right button) 10 times fast
    3. Select the checkmark on the watch
    4. The watch will power off, factory reset, then power back on when it’s finished

Thank you for troubleshooting with us!

-Reagan

• Gabb Product
    Gabb Product Administrator Posts: 87 Admin

Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for your reports and patience for those that experienced this "Error Reading Gabb ID" issue. We have released an update to the MyGabb app for Android in the Google Play Store (Version 1.35.2). Here are the steps to take:

1. Please update your MyGabb app to version 1.35.2 in the Google Play Store. If no update is shown, you can delete the app and re-download.
    2. If there is still an error when reading Gabb ID, please log out and log back in to the MyGabb app.
    3. Try to pair one more time.

-Gabb Product Team

• Papa76
    Papa76 Member Posts: 2

How do you update when you can't get it paired to RUN the update? I am stuck on Gabb ID error, it won't pair to my phone or allow past that screen as the App won't let it?

• ReaganKowal

Hi @Papa76,

Please read the above steps for information on how to troubleshoot this.

Thank you!

-Reagan

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center