Nothing coming through on phone

CryChee
CryChee Member Posts: 2
edited June 10 in Gabb phones

For a month now, my daughter has not been able to send or get messages. She has also not had her phone ring when called. The bill has been paid on time. It shows a signal and she is also still connected to our WiFi. I have tested it multiple times. I have called her while sitting next to her and it not ring on her phone. I have sent messages that went through on my side, but she doesn’t get. She has also tried sending me messages which never come in. I have emailed GABB support with this problem and have not gotten any reply. If it isn’t going to work when I need it then I want to cancel before next bill. Anyone had this problem and if so what was done to fix it?

Thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 473 Admin
    edited July 17

Hi CryChee,

Sorry to hear that you were having trouble with calling, texting on your Gabb Phone (Z2). Happy to see that you were helped by our Customer Support team by doing the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Reset line with Customer Support
      1. Ask Customer Support to preform a Network Reset to your line
      2. You can reach contact Customer Support by chat on www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT.
    2. Reset on Gabb Phone
      1. Open Settings App > System > Reset Options > Reset WiFi & Bluetooth > Reset App Preferences > Reset Apps > RESET SETTINGS

Glad that worked for you!

• ElizabethJune_98
    ElizabethJune_98 Member Posts: 10

This happened to my childs phone. The customer service reprovisioned ours too and it worked after that.

• HGemmer
    HGemmer Member Posts: 2

I left my kid home alone for the first time and his phone wouldn’t let him call anyone and I couldn’t call him. It was awful and he was terrified. Can’t get anyone to chat or respond to my concerns to fix it. I’m sooooooo unimpressed by this phone!

• ReaganKowal
    edited June 11

@HGemmer,

So sorry to hear about this experience you and your child had! I'm happy to see our Customer Service was able to reach out to you after your chat unexpectedly disconnected. They will be able to continue helping you through email to help answer your questions.

• OliveMom
    OliveMom Member Posts: 2

My daughter has repeatedly had this problem- the phone and text services not working- on and off for several months. We have had the customer service reps reprovision the line repeatedly and it usually helps, but only temporarily. They have done several other things and the issue remains unresolved. We have several times when my daughter was unable to contact me, or I her, for hours at a time. Things get fixed temporarily, but then it suddenly stops working again- sometimes at very upsetting times when she really needed her phone. But even when I am able to reach a customer service rep, it can sometimes take days to get that temp fix and we are without service in the meantime.

There must be something more that can be done so that my daughter can have reliable phone service.

• ReaganKowal

Hi @OliveMom,

So sorry to hear you have been experiencing trouble with the network on your device. Thank you for troubleshooting with Customer Support to help find a permanent fix. It sounds like you have continued to see the same issue persist on your device, unfortunately.

Due to your continual trouble, our Customer Support team can further troubleshoot this by looking into replacing the SIM card or the device itself if it qualifies. Thank you for working with our team to make this right.

-Reagan

• AnotherDad
    AnotherDad Member Posts: 3

Glad to see I’m not the only one. We’ve had the same issues constantly since getting the Gabb phone a little over a year ago.
    Have been through customer support at least a half dozen times, tried all the resets etc. They work for a couple days and then the phone again stops receiving texts and has issues making and receiving calls.

• ReaganKowal

Hello @AnotherDad,

Sorry to hear this! It's understandable that you are frustrated as this is a very important feature to your device. Thank you for continually working with Customer Support to get this resolved. It looks like our team has reached out again to look into getting a replacement SIM card sent to you as the next troubleshooting step. Please respond back to them at your earliest convenience.

-Reagan

• TaraMccarron4
    TaraMccarron4 Member Posts: 2

my sons phone says it doesn’t have service and we have tried resetting it and troubleshooting but nothing is working I have tried to contact customer support but have not heard anything back yet

• ReaganKowal
    edited July 17

@TaraMccarron4 Sorry that the "Reset on Gabb Phone" troubleshooting step above did not help resolve this issue with the texting. It looks like our team has reached out to help. You can respond to their outreach or reach out to them via chat on www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT. Thank you!

-Reagan

• AnotherDad
    AnotherDad Member Posts: 3

Hi @ReaganKowal, I’m still having this same issue after following all the troubleshooting steps multiple times: clear cache, reprovision line, new SIM, factory reset. All of these provided temporary fixes but now calls are once again not coming through (the phone rings but doesn’t show who’s calling and doesn’t give the option to answer).
    Do you have any other suggestions?

• ReaganKowal

Hello @AnotherDad

So sorry that you are still experiencing this issue after following all those troubleshooting steps. The next steps our team would take is checking to see if your device qualifies for a Manufacturer Warranty.

If the device does not qualify due to being past the 1 year warranty or there is damage to the phone, there are several amazing discounts in our upgrade program. You can find the upgrade options in your MyAccount on the website.

Our Customer Support can be contacted by chat on www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT.

-Reagan

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center