How to receive video call on z2

Dragynwing
Dragynwing Member Posts: 2

I would like to video chat with my child on his Z2 but cannot figure out how to connect. I have enabled the safe video chat feature, synced our devices, am connected on wifi and when I initiate a video chat, his phone simply doesn't ring or respond in any way.

Tagged:

Answers

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 438 Admin

Hello @Dragynwing,

Good question! Gabb Messenger allows your child to make safe video calls to other Gabb Messenger users using a Gabb phone. Parents can make a video call to their child using the Gabb Messenger Parent app. If you don’t have the Gabb Messenger Parent app installed on your smartphone, download it from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.

Video calls can only be made to contacts who have Gabb Messenger installed on a Gabb phone & have video calling enabled. 

If the contact does not have Gabb Messenger installed on their device your child will not be able to make video calls to that person. Children can make video calls to parents who have the Gabb Messenger Parent app installed on their smartphone. 

Here’s how to make a video call from Gabb Messenger:

1. Open Gabb Messenger from your Gabb phone.
    2. Select Contacts at the bottom of the screen.
    3. Select the camera icon next to the contact you want to make a video call to. 
    4. Select Start call.
    5. Select the red phone icon to end the video call.

If you experience trouble with the video call feature after following the above steps, here are some troubleshooting steps to try:

• Video calls can only be made to contacts who have Gabb Messenger installed on their Gabb phone & have video calling enabled. If the contact does not have Gabb Messenger installed on their device your child will not be able to make video calls to that person. Children can make video calls to parents who have the Gabb Messenger Parent app installed on their smartphone.

To/from another child:

1. Make sure that both your child and the recipient have Gabb Messenger installed on a Gabb phone. 
    2. Make sure that a parent has enabled video calling for each child. This must be done from the Gabb Messenger Parent app.
    3. Add the contact as an approved contact (if applicable).
    4. Make sure both kids are logged in to their GabbID & connected to WiFi. 

To/from a parent:

1. Make sure that your child has Gabb Messenger installed on their Gabb phone.
    2. Download the Gabb Messenger Parent app on your smartphone. 
    3. Make sure your child is logged into their GabbID app & connected to WiFi. 
    4. Use the Gabb Messenger Parent app to make a video call to your child:
      • Open the Gabb Messenger Parent app on your smartphone.
      • Select the video camera icon at the top of the screen.
      • Select the video camera icon next to the child you want to call.

Hope this helps!

-Reagan

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center