Gabb 3 watch not tracking steps

Options
Opticlone
Opticlone Member Posts: 2
edited June 5 in Gabb watches

I just got my kids Gabb 3 watches 2 weeks ago and notice when I was trying to see their steps it always 0 even when I go to their watches and going to Gabb Go app to steps.

Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this?

Tagged:

Comments

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Moderator Posts: 92 Admin
    edited June 5
    Options

Hi @Opticlone,

Welcome to the Gabb family with your new Gabb Watch 3s! Sorry to hear you're experiencing some trouble with the step counter and the Gabb Go. Here are a few troubleshooting steps to start with:

First. You'll want to make sure your Gabb Watch 3 software is up to date by following these steps:
    1. Connect Gabb Watch to WiFi by going to the settings app
    2. Open the ID app on the watch
    3. Tap Update Apps until the screen says "Apps are up to date!" You may need to tap the button multiple times. This may take several minutes to finish.
    4. Turn the watch completely off by holding down the power button for 4 seconds, select the power off icon on the watch screen, wait 15 seconds, then hold the power button for another 4 seconds to turn the watch back on.

Second. Update your Gabb Watch 3 firmware:

1. Connect to WiFi
    2. Place watch on charger. Watch must be charged to at least 30% before updating
    3. Open the Check for Updates app (shown below)
    4. Tap the update button. The watch will automatically restart when the update is done.

Third. check to ensure your MyGabb app is on the most recent update:
    1. Apple Store OR Google Play Store
    2. Select the MyGabb App
    3. Select Update

Hope that helps!

-Reagan

• LauraJones
    LauraJones Member Posts: 5
    Options

Customer support helped by doing a sync to our watch when this happened to us. It really helped!

• Jolonds
    Jolonds Member Posts: 2
    Options

I am having the same issue. I've spoken to support and they all say they're aware of the issue and trying to fix it, but it's been MONTHS. I'll see if they can sync my son's watch. Thank you, Laura.

• uoalea
    uoalea Member Posts: 2
    Options

We have the same issue. We are sending one back because of it and now the new one seems to not be tracking steps either. I hope they finish it soon. This is a feature we use and it goes along with the pet game on the watch.

• mom003
    mom003 Member Posts: 3
    Options

We just got our watches and are having the same issue. We confirmed all apps are updated, the software is updated, we restarted the watches and the issue persists. (We also have the issue changing the Primary’s name and photo which I saw has been an issue with others for awhile too).

• Jensencru
    Jensencru Member Posts: 3
    Options

My kids still don’t have the tracking steps feature working. I’ve talked to the troubleshooting chat people and sent a message. All apps updated, all updates installed for software, watch has been restarted. @LauraJones how were they able to do a sync to your kids watch? What did you do to get that sync? I would love one too!

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Moderator Posts: 92 Admin
    Options

Hi @Jensencru,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing trouble with the step counter after the troubleshooting steps above. The Sync @LauraJones referred to is done by our Customer Support team. They are able to do this sync and several more troubleshooting steps that can help resolve this issue. You can contact Customer Support by chat on www.gabb.com (bottom right corner chat box), or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT. If troubleshooting does not solve this issue, they will be able to escalate your information to our Product Team to investigate. Thank you!

-Reagan

• Gabb Product
    Gabb Product Administrator Posts: 2 Admin
    edited June 21
    Options

Hello everyone! Thanks for your posts. As of today 6/21/24 we've released an update to help improve inaccurate step counts on the Gabb Watch 3. To receive the update, update your Gabb Watch 3 software and firmware.

Step 1 - update your software:

• Connect Gabb Watch to Wi-Fi by going to the settings app.
    • Open the IDapp on the watch.
    • Tap Update Appsuntil the screen says "Apps are up to date!". You may need to tap the button multiple times. This may take several minutes to finish.
    • Turn the watch completely off by holding down the power button for 4 seconds, select the power off icon on the watch screen, wait 15 seconds, then hold the power button for another 4 seconds to turn the watch back on.

Step 2 - update your firmware:

• Connect to Wi-Fi.
    • Place watch on charger. The watch must be charged to at least 30% before updating.
    • Open the Check for Updates app (shown below).
    • Tap the update button. The watch will automatically restart when the update is done.

We're constantly working to improve this feature and hope this update will help the step counter display your steps correctly.

• Liquidreflex
    Liquidreflex Member Posts: 2
    Options

We’ve been having this issue since we got the watch in December. I just checked and firmware and apps are all up to date. Restarted multiple times but still nothing.

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center