No live tracking on Gabb 3

CheKylSw
CheKylSw Member Posts: 2
edited June 6 in Gabb watches

We recently "upgraded" to the Gabb 3 watch from the first generation. Disappointed it doesn't have lice tracking on it. Also having lots of location monitoring issues. Not sure how this is an upgrade.

Tagged:

Comments

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 449 Admin

Hi @CheKylSw

So sorry to hear you are facing some concerns and trouble with the tracking on your Gabb Watch 3. The Gabb Watch 3 updates its location every 15 minutes by default, except when the child is stationary or in a safe zone to help conserve battery. You can always track your child's real-time location in the MyGabb App by clicking "locate!"

Our team has recently made improvements to the location reporting. To ensure the best performance, update your watch by following these troubleshooting steps:

1. Connect to WiFi
    2. Place the watch on the charger. Watch must be charged to at least 30% before updating
    3. Open the Check for Updates app (shown below)
    4. Tap the update button. The watch will automatically restart when the update is done.

You can also visit our Help Article here for more tips on improving your GPS. Hope this helps!

-Reagan

• Donna
    Donna Member Posts: 1

I’m frustrated! The watch location continues to show our address not the location of the watch.

I updated the Gabb app and battery is charged.

• ReaganKowal

Hey @Donna,

Have you had a chance to follow the troubleshooting steps from the post above? The Help Article could really help with this error you are experiencing as well. We want to make sure to help get this working properly for you. It looks like our Customer Support has sent you an email to help. Make sure to check that out!

• fitz
    fitz Member Posts: 3

Our tracking ability has also taken a big backslide since updating. It now show me a location from a long time ago (e.g. "17 hrs ago"), and when I hit locate, says it's unable to connect to device (although it is on, connected to wifi, and updated).

• HollyBowman22
    HollyBowman22 Member Posts: 11

@fitz that happened on our watch too. I reached out to their support and got help. They had me make sure my app was up to date and then told me to unpair from the watch and pair again if that didn't work. Luckily updating my app helped so I didn't have to pair all over again.

• ReaganKowal

Good call, @HollyBowman22!

Our Customer Support is a great resource. They have several troubleshooting steps that can help in this situation. For quick troubleshooting to do on your own, check out these tips:

• Ensure your MyGabb app is on the most recent update will definitely help with error messages you are experiencing. You can check for update through the App Store or Google Play Store on your parent phone.
    • Holly mentioned the troubleshooting step of unpairing from the Gabb Watch (MyGabb app > Devices > Profile > Remove Device) and pairing back to the Gabb Watch. This is a troubleshooting step to help with the connection between the MyGabb App and the Watch.

Hope this helps!

-Reagan

• dbhervas
    dbhervas Member Posts: 2

I have gone through every single step mentioned above and am now on our 4th and 5th Gabb 3 Watches and have the same issues with location updates not happening. If the watch is at home, I have to disconnect it from wifi in order for the location to update. If the watch is not at home, we have to turn the watches on and off. I NEVER had these issues in the 2 years we had the Gabb 2 Watch. Extremely disappointed.

• ReaganKowal

@dbhervas Sorry to hear about the trouble you have experienced with the GPS location. This is not a typical experience on the Gabb Watch 3. Thank you for continually working with Customer Support to find the source of this issue. If you continue to experience this trouble with your new device after following the troubleshooting steps, please continue to work with Customer Support to find a solution. Thank you!

-Reagan

• rcfuentes13
    rcfuentes13 Member Posts: 2

I too, am having trouble showing my Gabb 3 watch's location on the app. I too, have done everything suggested from troubleshooting and even disconnecting the wifi and it's still not updating location for over a week. The watch shows it has 3 bars of cell signal and it also connects to wifi. I have restarted the watch several times and deleted then re-installed and updated the app on my my phone and still no change. Does anyone have a customer support phone number for gabb so that I can call them and try to figure this out? otherwise I will have to return the watch and cancel my service plan.

• ReaganKowal

@rcfuentes13 Apologize for any trouble this experience with the GPS location on your Gabb Watch 3 has caused. Sorry that you are still having trouble after the troubleshooting steps you have done. Thank you for sharing these what you have done so we can best help understand what to do next. We have a few more troubleshooting steps to try next that can help resolve this:

1. Power cycle reset to the Gabb Watch 3:
      1. Hold the power button down for 4 seconds > Select the power off icon on the watch screen > Wait 15 seconds > Hold the power button for another 4 seconds to turn the watch back on
    2. Unpair from the Gabb Watch 3
      1. MyGabb app > Devices > Profile > Remove Device > Pair back to the Watch to improve the connection between the parent MyGabb App and the Watch.
    3. Network Reset with Customer Support:
      1. Ask a Customer Support agent to help troubleshoot the GPS Location error through a Network Reset
      2. Contact Customer Support by Live Chat on www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT

You can find our Customer Support information under troubleshooting step number 3 and by selecting Contact Us at the bottom of our website.

Hope this helps!

-Reagan

• TMac
    TMac Member Posts: 2

We are having same issue. We'll multiple

Location does not update unless on a wifi network. Even then, he has to remember to turn the wifi back on because it turns off. It's not picking up his signal in real time anymore. It won't keep the school lock down on because of no wifi, so then he got a random text at school today that broke through the "quiet time".

We Have cycle restarted the watch, there are no software or firmware updates and also relinked the watch to the app. Nothing is helping. It's extremely frustrating to have gone backwards in the technology for more money per month.

• ReaganKowal
    edited August 15

Hi @TMac,

So sorry to hear about this frustrating experience you've had with your Gabb Watch 3. It's great to see that you were able to reach out to our Customer Support team and get assistance with these further troubleshooting steps:

• Network Reset:
      • Customer Support agents can troubleshoot the GPS Location error through a Network Reset
    • Sync to your MyAccount and Gabb Watch 3:
      • Customer Support agents are able to preform what we call a Gabb Sync to help with situations like this

Thank you for working with our team to help get your device working properly again!

-Reagan

• beltsr
    beltsr Member Posts: 2

I am having the same issues- with an up-to-date app, a charged watch and power cycling, the location won't update and it won't send notifications to us. This is the whole reason for having the watch. How frequently should we have to trouble shoot the devices? At this point, it is nearly useless.

• ReaganKowal

Hello @beltsr,

So sorry to hear that you are experiencing trouble with the GPS on your Gabb Watch 3. Continually needing to preform factory resets on your Watch should not be common for your device to function properly.

This could be due to an issue with your device connecting to the network in your area. Our Customer Support team can take a deeper look into this with you to investigate the root of the issue. It looks like they have reached out to you to help. Thank you for working with our team to help get this resolved.

-Reagan

• jamesb
    jamesb Member Posts: 2

I want to echo what others have said. We've had a gabb3 phone for 8 months or so and the locate option on the app never shows the current location of the device. The app shows that the phone is miles away 1 week go when the pone has been next to me for hours. I work in the IT industry so I know a bit how cell phones and apps work. I have followed the guide to troubleshoot it and still does not show the location accurately. We also have an older gabb phone and the location shows correctly.
    I am very confident that the gabb3 tracking capability needs some work. Please have your developers test this feature. This is disappointing!

• Kz1988
    Kz1988 Member Posts: 2

I am trouble shooting my child’s Gabb Watch again. As others have said, this has been an ongoing issue and the previous version worked much better. I still use that one for my daughter. The live tracking does not work. My children are both autistic and this provides peace of mind. I was going to upgrade to a phone this year, but with all of the technical issues I no longer feel this is an option and will be getting a cell phone plan. Today was the first day of school and bus routes are messy as per usual and the Gabb didn’t do what it’s supposed to do.

• ReaganKowal

@jamesb and @Kz1988,

So sorry to hear about your experience with your Gabb Watch 3s. Your frustration and concern is heard! The errors you are experiencing could be due to the watches connection to the network in your area.

This can be helped through troubleshooting the network connection as stated in the troubleshooting steps above. Our team has reached out to you, please contact them at your earliest convenience.

Thank you!

-Reagan

• ZergyPoo
    ZergyPoo Member Posts: 2

I am having the same issues. My son's phone updates after I restart. But it doesn't update the location when he's on the school bus. The phone is up to date, as is the app. This really needs to be fixed.

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center