Timer on Gabb Watch 3 not going off

India
India Member Posts: 5
edited August 21 in Gabb watches

My son has a gabb watch 3. And whenever he tries to set a timer, after the watch goes to sleep automatically, then gets woken up,it will display how much time is left on the timer at the bottom of the home screen but the timer will never go off and it will just display 0:00, until the timer app is opened again.

Tagged:

Comments

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 418 Admin

Hello @India,

So sorry to hear you are having some trouble with the timer notification on your Gabb Watch 3. Here are some great troubleshooting steps to follow to help resolve this:

First: You'll want to make sure your Gabb Watch 3 software and firmware is up to date:

Software Update:

1. Connect Gabb Watch to WiFi by going to the settings app
    2. Open the ID app on the watch
    3. Tap Update Apps until the screen says "Apps are up to date!" You may need to tap the button multiple times. This may take several minutes to finish.
    4. Turn the watch completely off by holding down the power button for 4 seconds, select the power off icon on the watch screen, wait 15 seconds, then hold the power button for another 4 seconds to turn the watch back on.

Firmware Update:

1. Connect to WiFi
    2. Place watch on charger. Watch must be charged to at least 30% before updating
    3. Open the Check for Updates app (shown below)
    4. Tap the update button. The watch will automatically restart when the update is done.

Second: If you are still experiencing trouble with the timer notification after successfully updating the device, please continue troubleshooting by following these steps:

Soft reset to the Gabb Watch 3:

1. Hold the power button down for 4 seconds 
    2. Select the power off icon on the watch screen 
    3. Wait 15 seconds 
    4. Hold the power button for another 4 seconds to turn the watch back on

Hard reset (Factory Reset) on the Gabb Watch 3

1. On the MyGabb App: Unpair the watch
      1. Select the “Devices” tab
      2. Select “Profile” on the watch you need to unpair
      3. Scroll to the bottom of the profile and select “Remove Device”
      4. Select “Remove and Reset”
    2. On the Watch: Factory Reset the watch
      1. Place the watch on the charger
      2. Press the back button (top right button) 10 times fast
      3. Select the checkmark on the watch
      4. The watch will power off, factory reset, then power back on when it’s finished
    3. Pair back to the watch

Hope this helps!

-Reagan

• avsteele
    avsteele Member Posts: 2

My son's watch has this issue as well. The software is updated. Are you saying this is NOT normal behavior on the latest firmware?

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 418 Admin
    edited August 20

Hello @avsteele,

Thank you for reaching out to our Customer Support to get this error escalated. We have taken this information to our team to further investigate. Thank you for helping us work to get this resolved!

-Reagan

• India
    India Member Posts: 5

@ReaganKowal I tried restarting his watch and it didn't work. I would really rather not reset the watch, is there any other solutions?

• Gabb Product
    Gabb Product Administrator Posts: 52 Admin

Hi all,

Thank you for your posts on this discussion. At this time, on the Gabb Watch 3, the timer will only sound if the Timer app is open and the screen is awake. We are aware of this and working to release a fix. Due to this not being an easy software change, we will not be able to change this behavior in the immediate term. It may take some time, but we will work to make it so that the timer will sound even when the Timer app is not open or the screen is asleep.

We understand the need - kids need this timer to sound regardless of the screen being awake or not. We appreciate your understanding and will absolutely work on making this possible.

-Gabb Product Team

• L_Wadsworth4
    L_Wadsworth4 Member Posts: 2

all 3 of my kids gabb watches are the same way

• My son's watch has the same issue. After the screen goes to sleep, the timer app closes and the timer never actually goes off until the app is reopened regardless of how much time has elapsed. We tested by setting the timer for 30 seconds. After a few minutes had passed, he checked the watch and it displayed 0:00 on the home screen but no sound. He then reopened the timer app and at that point the timer sounded.

• Alayna79
    Alayna79 Member Posts: 2

Any update on this issue? We are experiencing the same thing. Also, when my son tries to use the repeating alarms, they only work one time & won't go off again until we reset them. It's this part of the same problem?

Thank you!

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center