Daughter not receiving calls or texts from guardian contact

beezoo
beezoo Member Posts: 4
edited August 19 in Gabb watches

First the watch wouldn't pair which meant a call to customer service. Now my ex can't communicate with our daughter's gabb watch 3. He can receive calls and texts but she's not receiving anything. I am the primary and have no issues. He's an authorized user on the account and a guardian contact. So frustrating!

Tagged:

Comments

• Gabb Product
    Gabb Product Administrator Posts: 52 Admin
    edited September 18

Hi @beezoo,

So sorry to hear you're having some trouble with the Guardian Contact texts and calls not going through to your Gabb Watch 3. Thank you for reaching out to our Customer Support to troubleshoot through these steps:

Update Software on the Gabb Watch 3:

1. Connect Gabb Watch to WiFi by going to the settings app
    2. Open the ID app on the watch
    3. Tap Update App until the screen says "Apps are up to date!" You may need to tap the button multiple times. This may take several minutes to finish.
    4. Turn the watch off by holding down the power button for 4 seconds, select the power off icon on the watch screen, wait 15 seconds, then hold the power button for another 4 seconds to turn the watch back on.

Update the Firmware on the Gabb Watch 3:

1. Place watch on charger. Watch must be charged to at least 30% before updating
    2. Open the Check for Updates app (shown below)
    3. Tap the update button. The watch will automatically restart when the update is done. 

Soft reset to the Gabb Watch 3:

1. Hold the power button down for 4 seconds 
    2. Select the power off icon on the watch screen 
    3. Wait 15 seconds 
    4. Hold the power button for another 4 seconds to turn the watch back on

Hard reset (Factory Reset) on the Gabb Watch 3

1. On the MyGabb App: Unpair the watch
    2. Select the "Devices" tab
    3. Select "Profile" on the watch you need to unpair
    4. Scroll to the bottom of the profile and select "Remove Device"
    5. Select "Remove and Reset"
    6. On the Watch: Factory Reset the watch
    7. Place the watch on the charger
    8. Press the back button (top right button) 10 times fast
    9. Select the checkmark on the watch
    10. The watch will power off, factory reset, then power back on when it’s finished
    11. Pair back to the watch

Contact Sync with Customer Support

1. If you are still experiencing trouble with this error after the above troubleshooting steps, please reach out to our Customer Support for further troubleshooting.
    2. You can contact Customer Support by Live Chat on www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT

Hope this helps!

-Gabb Product

• GabbMom23
    GabbMom23 Member Posts: 2

Did you ever find a solution for this issue? I’m having the exact same trouble with my daughter not being able to receive her dad’s calls or texts. He’s also set as her Guardian contact. My call to customer service wasn’t fruitful.

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 418 Admin

Hello @GabbMom23,

Sorry to hear that you are having some trouble with your Guardian Contact contacting your Gabb Watch 3. It's great to see that you were able to do extensive troubleshooting with our Customer Support team over a phone call before being transferred to our Product Team to further troubleshooting.

Our team has several more troubleshooting steps that can be done to help resolve this. They have reached out to continue helping. Please respond to them at your earliest convenience.

Thank you!

-Reagan

• Mnemonic64
    Mnemonic64 Member Posts: 2

I am having this same issue with my husband (guardian contact) who is on AT&T. He can't contact my son's watch, but the watch can contact my husband. My phone (primary contact) which is on Verizon has no issues. I have verified everything is fully upgraded and have tried restarting the watch, and deleting/readding the contact. Please help!

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 418 Admin

Hello @Mnemonic64,

Thank you for following the troubleshooting steps above. The last step on the list does include doing a sync with Customer Support. They can check the contact in our system to see if there are any blocks to the number. Please reach out to them at your earliest convenience.

Thank you!

-Reagan

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center