Trouble with Messaging app

Thomas
Thomas Member Posts: 2

Hello,

My messenger app suddenly stopped sending or receiving images or audio messages, as well as group chat messages. I am using the Gabb Phone 3. When I try to send images or audio messages the error says, "Failed to send" When others try to send me images the error says, "Invalid destination address."

Troubleshooting I have tried is:

Restart and update phone

Reset network settings and app preferences

Does anyone know what could be the problem? Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 438 Admin
    edited September 27

Hi @Thomas,

So sorry to hear you are having some trouble with the MMS messaging (photo & group messaging) on your Gabb Phone. Thank you for sharing the troubleshooting you have done in the settings of the Gabb Phone 3 Pro:

• Open Settings App -> General Management -> Reset -> Reset all settings
    • Open Settings App -> General Management -> Reset -> Reset mobile network settings
    • Open Settings App -> General Management -> Reset -> Reset Wifi & Bluetooth settings
    • Open Settings App -> General Management -> Reset -> Reset accessibility settings

It sounds like your device is experiencing an error with the MMS connection to the network. The next troubleshooting to take is a reset with our Customer Support. It looks like our team has reached out to you to help with this. Please respond back to them at your earliest convenience.

If you have additional questions, please contact Customer Support by chat on www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT.

Thank you!

-Reagan

• Yooperwege
    Yooperwege Member Posts: 2

I appreciate the help Reagan, but for the Gabb Phone 3 there is no System → Reset Options. I am not sure if older devices had these options with Settings to System to Reset Options, but that is not an option. I think the only way this can be fixed is through contacting Gabb. It has been very frustrating to have this just stop working.

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 438 Admin

Hello @Yooperwege,

Thank you for catching this! The correct steps for troubleshooting the Gabb Phone 3 Pro have been updated to the comment above.

Hope this helps!

-Reagan

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center