Is vibrate working for anyone?

Options
sweenig
sweenig Member Posts: 6

Got this issue with 3 watches. It vibrates when i put it on the charger, so i know the hardware is good. Doesn't vibrate when receiving a text despite the volume level. When I asked support, their answer was the same as every single other time I asked support: update the apps, reboot, do a factory reset.

Tagged:

Answers

• Keith
    Keith Member Posts: 4
    Options

I had this on my kids watch and they had me do this force reinstall thing on our watch. It was in the Gabb ID but I don't remember the steps. Maybe click around and try that.

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Moderator Posts: 92 Admin
    Options

Hi @sweenig and @Keith,

@Keith is talking about our Force Reinstall All Apps troubleshooting steps. Here are the steps:

1. Go to settings (Swipe from the right side to the left twice to reach the Settings screen)
    2. Long press on the "ID" button
    3. A confirmation screen will appear asking them to confirm
    4. If the blue button is selected, the installation will start
    5. Installation may take a while to start. Leave the device on the charger and preferably connected to Wi-Fi

Hope this helps resolve the vibration notification issue!

-Reagan

• sweenig
    Options

Yeah, we've done all the way to factory reset and everything in between. The vibrate works when placing it on the charger and also when toggling on the vibrate settings. So, i'm 99.9% sure it's not a hardware issue. Also, it's happening on all three watches, so unless it's a hardware defect, replacement hardware won't fix it. However, that didn't stop Gabb from issuing an RMA. We'll see if it works.

• ReaganKowal
    Options

@sweenig This is good information to know. Happy to hear that Customer Support got replacement devices (RMAs) sent out to you as a next troubleshooting step. I reach out to the Product team and was informed that they know what is causing this error with the vibrations and are working on a fix to be rolled out soon! I'll update this thread when the fix has been released.

• sweenig
    Options

That's good to hear. Given what i had seen i suspected a bug in the code, but i couldn't talk the support person out of sending me new hardware.

Is there something I can subscribe to that would notify me when the fix is available? If it was out before I made the switch to the new hardware, it would save me the work of resetting everything on a new watch.

• ReaganKowal
    Options

@sweenig We're always working to improve our products to ensure they are what our customers want and need for their families. Thank you for your patience along the way!

I'll add an update in this thread when the fix has rolled out. I'll tag you so you'll know when to come back and check👍️

• Meg
    Meg Member Posts: 2
    Options

After trouble shooting with support, we were issued a replacement watch and it’s still not vibrating for text.

• ReaganKowal
    Options

@Meg,

Thank you for sharing the troubleshooting you have done with Customer Support. As stated above, our Product Team is working to roll out an update with the fix to this issue very soon. I'll post an update here once I hear from them.

-Reagan

• sweenig
    Options

I got the replacement hardware, but i'm hesitant to even open the box since it's fairly certain it's a software problem. It isn't working on 3 existing watches. Replacing one with new hardware isn't likely to fix that.

• ReaganKowal
    edited June 24
    Options

Hi @sweenig

As discussed in this thread, our Product Team is aware of this issue and are working hard to roll out an update to get this resolved. An announcement will be added to this thread as soon as the update has been released. We appreciate your patience!

You are not required to activate the new devices if you do not wish to. To ensure everything gets accounted for on the return of the new device (or old device) please ensure you contact Customer Support by chat on www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT for a quick response. They will help answer your questions about which device to keep and send back. Thank you!

-Reagan

• Dana
    Dana Member Posts: 5
    Options

Our watch will not vibrate for texts, either. It rings and vibrates for a call (although none of my calls will actually go through - separate issue).

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center