Network connection on Gabb Phone 4 Pro

Mmans
Mmans Member Posts: 2
edited August 23 in Gabb phones

We just got my daughter the gabb phone 4 pro. The last two days she has went to school something happens and her phone goes straight to voicemail and her texts don't go through. It is like the device is off, but its not. I know at one point she didn't have service. She came home and I tried calling again and it went straight to voicemail again. We shut it off and then after it comes back on it works. This shouldn't be happening. What is going on? Is there a setting we need to change?

Tagged:

Answers

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 438 Admin

Hello @Mmans,

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble with the network connection on your Gabb Phone 4 Pro. This could be happening due to the network in your area. Here are some troubleshooting steps to try:

1. Update Firmware and Software on the Gabb Phone 4 Pro:
      1. Navigate to the Knox E Fota app and check for updates
      2. Google Play Store app and tap the circle in the top right > Manage Apps and Devices > The second line should say "All apps up to date" or "Download/install updates."
    2. Reset Network Settings on Gabb Phone 4 Pro:
      1. Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset network settings
    3. SIM card reset:
      1. Turn off the device > Remove the SIM card > Turn the phone on (without the SIM card inserted) > Wait for the error message > Turn the phone back off > Reinsert the SIM card > Power back on > Wait 5 minutes > Retest
    4. Network Reset with Customer Support:
      1. Ask a Customer Support agent to help troubleshoot this error through a Network Reset
      2. Contact Customer Support by Live Chat on www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT

Hope these troubleshooting steps help!

-Reagan

• jillmart
    jillmart Member Posts: 2

this has happened twice to my sons phone too! Very annoying when I’m trying to reach him. We were in a different town the second time it happened, not sure if that is why. There were no updates to be done, I did try the mobile reset.

But restarting the phone brings it back, but annoying that you have to do that into get it to work.

• ReaganKowal

Hello @jillmart,

So sorry to hear this error has happened on your Gabb Phone 4 Pro twice. Your frustration is heard as this is not normal for our devices.

When a device continues to experience a network connection error after following all the above troubleshooting steps, the next troubleshooting step would be a new SIM card. The SIM card could be causing this continual error.

You can get a new SIM card through our amazing Customer Support team. They can be contacted by chat on www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT. Thank you!

-Reagan

• Joe
    Joe Member Posts: 1

even on WiFi the gabb phone won’t make or receive calls or texts. I have reset the phone but it still doesn’t work. When I turn off WiFi the phone has the same issue.

• ReaganKowal

Hello @Joe,

Your post was merged into this one as others have experienced a similar error. Thank you for your post and request for help. It's great to see that you were able to reach out to our Customer Support team and follow the Network Reset steps mentioned in step 4 above. Happy to report that after troubleshooting, your device is up and working again!

Thank you for working with our team!

-Reagan

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center