Messages app constantly crashing. No longer able to text or call.

Kyah
Kyah Member Posts: 2

Me and my brother have a very similar issue. Our Gabb Z2 phones are continuously crashing. I am not longer able to send messages, and I cannot scroll up in a conversation. If I try to type something, it crashes. If I scroll up in a conversation, it crashes. The calls randomly disconnect or fail and I am unable to call someone back. Every time I try, it simply stops and ignores my requests to call. My signal randomly goes out. It randomly displays the 'no sim card' message, even though I'VE NEVER REMOVED IT.

Tagged:

Comments

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 438 Admin

Hello @Kyah,

How frustrating! Sorry for any trouble this has caused you and your family. Here are some troubleshooting steps to help resolve this error on your Gabb Phone (Z2):

1. Resets in Settings of Gabb Phone (Z2):
      1. Open Settings App -> System -> Reset Options -> Reset Wifi & Bluetooth
      2. Open Settings App -> System -> Reset Options -> Reset App Preferences -> Reset Apps
      3. Open Settings App -> System -> Reset Options -> RESET SETTINGS
    2. SIM card Reset:
      1. Turn off the device
      2. Remove the SIM card
      3. Turn the phone on (without the SIM card inserted)
      4. Wait for the error message
      5. Turn the phone back off
      6. Reinsert the SIM card
      7. Power back on
      8. Wait 5 minutes and then retest
    3. Network Reset with Customer Support:
      1. Our Customer Support team can preform a Network Reset to troubleshoot this error
      2. Contact Customer Support by Live Chat on www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT

Hope this troubleshooting helps!

-Reagan

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center