Missing coin purchase on Gabb Go

Juniper
Juniper Member Posts: 2

New watch, so we're just figuring out how it works. My daughter just saved up enough coins to purchase a new pet, but after making the transaction, the coins are gone but the new pet doesn't show up. I realize Gabb Go is a really secondary feature of the watch, but the disappointment is significant for her, and the motivation to walk/do tasks is gone if the coins system doesn't work. We've tried restarting the watch.

Tagged:

Comments

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 418 Admin

Hello @Juniper,

Gabb Go and the rewards that are worked for might not be the main purpose of the Gabb Watch 3 but we know and understand the importance of receiving the reward the coins are used for. Here are some troubleshooting steps to try:

1. Update Software on the Gabb Watch 3:
      1. Connect Gabb Watch to WiFi by going to the settings app
      2. Open the ID app on the watch
      3. Tap Update App until the screen says "Apps are up to date!" You may need to tap the button multiple times.
      4. This may take several minutes to finish.
      5. Turn the watch off by holding down the power button for 4 seconds, select the power off icon on the watch screen, wait 15 seconds, then hold the power button for another 4 seconds to turn the watch back on.
    2. Update the Firmware on the Gabb Watch 3:
      1. Place watch on charger. Watch must be charged to at least 30% before updating
      2. Open the Check for Updates app
      3. Tap the update button. The watch will automatically restart when the update is done.
    3. Soft reset to the Gabb Watch 3:
      1. Hold the power button down for 4 seconds
      2. Select the power off icon on the watch screen
      3. Wait 15 seconds
      4. Hold the power button for another 4 seconds to turn the watch back on

Hope these troubleshooting steps help!

-Reagan

• Nelson1334
    Nelson1334 Member Posts: 2

Good afternoon,

My son is experiencing the same issue. I’ve tried your suggestions for updating the firmware and apps, but I am still having an issue. He saved up for the penguin, purchased it, and then it wasn’t available for him to interact with. It showed he still had to purchase it. His coins were spent, however. Is there something else that can be done?

Thanks!

• getthething
    getthething Member Posts: 2

my stepson also experienced this and none of the steps above resolved the issue. Anything else that can be done? I’d just give him a task to complete worth the same amount of points to buy the pet again, but you can only set it to 3 coins per task.

• Gabb Product
    Gabb Product Administrator Posts: 52 Admin

Hi all!

Thank you for making this post and bringing these experiences together. We see and hear your concern as coins earned are worked for by your child. We have been made aware of this potential bug and are working hard to get this resolved as soon as possible.

In the meantime, here is another troubleshooting steps to do with you Gabb Watch 3:

1. Update Apps on Gabb Watch 3
      1. From the Home Screen, swipe left two times to get to the Settings page
      2. Scroll down and select Settings
      3. Select Gabb ID
      4. Select "Update Apps"
    2. Refresh All Apps on Gabb Watch 3:
      1. From the Home Screen, swipe left two times to get to the Settings page
      2. Scroll down and select Settings
      3. Long press on the "ID" button
      4. Select the Blue Checkmark
      5. Installation may take a while to start, leave the device on the charger and preferably connected to Wi-Fi

If these two steps do not help resolve this, the parent can create and approve several tasks to help earn back the lost coins in the meantime. Again, we are working hard to find the source of this error and hope to get it resolved soon. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

-Gabb Product Team

• Amalias_Mom
    Amalias_Mom Member Posts: 2

We experienced the same issue this morning.

We reset per your instructions and it did not bring back the 150 coins or give her the Penguin. To say she is upset is an understatement. Is there a way to give her pet or the coins back?

I want her to wear the watch so that I feel safe knowing where she is, she wants to play earn coins. Any help is appreciated.

• emily
    emily Member Posts: 2

Can we get an update when this issue is resolved? The steps above do not resolve this issue. Unfortunately, creating tasks to help earn back coins isn't a realistic suggestion. My son lost 150 coins. With 3 as the most coins you can earn per task, I would have to create 50 tasks to him to earn that amount back.

• Gabb Product
    Gabb Product Administrator Posts: 52 Admin
    edited September 13

Hello everyone,

Great news! We were able to find the source of the but and get an update pushed out to all Gabb Watch 3's as of today (9/13). This new update will help resolve the error for any future pet purchase. Please follow these steps on your Gabb Watch 3 to receive the most recent update:

• App Update on the Gabb Watch 3:
      • Connect Gabb Watch to WiFi by going to the settings app
      • Open the ID app on the watch
      • Tap Update App until the screen says "Apps are up to date!" You may need to tap the button multiple times.
      • This may take several minutes to finish.
      • Turn the watch off by holding down the power button for 4 seconds, select the power off icon on the watch screen, wait 15 seconds, then hold the power button for another 4 seconds to turn the watch back on.
    • System Update on the Gabb Watch 3:
      • Place watch on charger. Watch must be charged to at least 30% before updating
      • Open the Check for Updates app
      • Tap the update button. The watch will automatically restart when the update is done.

At this time, there is not a troubleshooting step to get back any lost coins aside from the steps mentioned above. We apologize for any frustration or concern this caused with you and your family. Thank you for your patience as we worked to get this resolved!

-Gabb Product Team

• Bliz
    Bliz Member Posts: 2

Hello. My son is having the same problem. Spent 200 coins and didnt get his new character. Is there a software update coming out soon to resolve this? Could you also include the ability for a parent to set the number of coins for a particular task? Thanks!

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 418 Admin

Hello @Bliz,

Please reference the comment above yours for more information.

Thank you!

-Reagan

• Zeke
    Zeke Member Posts: 2

Hi,

My son is having the same problem. He spent 150 coins on a Penguin and now the coins are gone but it still says he needs 150 coins to get the Penguin. We have tried the steps above.

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center