App Suggestions

AdamD
AdamD Member Posts: 2

How do we (parents) submit an app to be reviewed and approved for Gabb phones? I have an app in mind but don't see anywhere to submit it for consideration.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 473 Admin
    Answer ✓

Hey @AdamD

This is a great question! You can find our App Guide here with all the available apps along with an option to request an app that may not be available yet. Submit a request and our team will review it for safety. If the app passes our minimum safety standards, it will be made available for Gabb phones with a full review. You can read the Reviewing Criteria here as well.

-Reagan

Answers

• adeebarafeh
    adeebarafeh Member Posts: 1

I've been wanting the Gabb Phone 3 Pro to have the contactless payment feature for a while now. Similar to Apple Pay, my daughter needs the feature where she can just pay with her phone when she doesn't have her physical one with her. Please let me know on how I can set this up or if there's a feature for this!

• ReaganKowal
    edited July 22

Hi @adeebarafeh,

This is a great app idea! You can submit an app request for a contactless payment on our App Guide page. This would also be a great suggestion to add as a Feature Idea post. Thank you!

-Reagan

• J_schwend
    J_schwend Member Posts: 1

The dude perfect app has multiple family free creators including dude perfect and Zach king. The app also has kid safe ads and would great for entertainment.

• KaylaT0884
    KaylaT0884 Member Posts: 1

My son recently got a Venmo Teen account. Gabb has everything BUT Venmo, it seems…. Please allow the Venmo app!

• Todd60737
    Todd60737 Member Posts: 4

When an app has been suggested, how do we find out the status and if it is allowed or denied?

• ReaganKowal

Great question @Todd60737!

We receive every request that is sent through our Request an App feature on our website. Every app goes through a safety inspection before being approved or denied to ensure it follows the safety criteria.

If approved, the app will be added to our "app library" on our website for parents to add to their child's device. Please note that due to the volume of requests, it can take time for each submission to be evaluated. Thank you for your submissions!

-Reagan

• Cosmonaut
    Cosmonaut Member Posts: 3

I have a 14-year-old boy that hs been using a regular phone for the past year while we lived in Europe. WA is ubiquitous there among adults and teens for messaging. My son is very disappointed he won't be able to stay in touch with all his friends that use WA exclusively. It seems harmless to me. What are the objections to that application? Are there insurmountable technical issues with porting a 3rd-party app to a Gabb phone if the community agrees the app is relatively harmless?

• ReaganKowal

Hi @Cosmonaut,

Your post was merged into this discussion as other customers have a similar question. A parent can request any app to go through our safety inspection before being approved or denied. Check out this thread and our Request an App feature on our website for more information!

-Reagan

• Vicki
    Vicki Member Posts: 2

Please allow the Life360 app. We've use it to help track our teens' driving. The Gabb location is only minimally helpful in providing location, and does not come close to providing the information that Life360 does.

• Vicki
    Vicki Member Posts: 2

Gabb phones would be better if they also had a 'backup' parental control software, that we can set to keep kids off of the internet in those apps that might allow it…whether it be on a web browser, on youtube, whatever. You are leaving these kids vulnerable.

• Watson
    Watson Member Posts: 2

yes we need Life360 on gabb phones.

• Olivia
    Olivia Member Posts: 2

all of my kids' classes have a Google classroom in school so they would like to have it on their phones so they can look at what they need to do from wherever they are.

• NelsonR
    NelsonR Member Posts: 2

Can we please get the life360 app. I placed a request but thought I'd do this as well. Though the My Gabb tracking is ok it does not work in real time nor is it extremely accurate. I have gone through and done the suggested tips for fixing this but it doesn't help. Sometimes we are sitting at home and I get alerted that my child has left her home safe zone when she's sitting right there. I want accuracy when knowing where my child is and that she is safe. I also have had trouble setting up multiple safe zones. I love the Gabb phone but would love it more if this app was available.

• Amomof4
    Amomof4 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 10

Agree! My daughter needs to access Google Classroom regularly.

• Nichoeboggs_97
    Nichoeboggs_97 Member Posts: 4

my son goes to weigles all the time whether for gas or a drink or a snack. thanks

• Ksdavis
    Ksdavis Member Posts: 5

DO you send an email or some sort of communication to notify the origonal person that submitted the app request? I've submitted several app requests for consideration/approval but have not heard back about them. I understand that it might take some time for the Gabb team to get to the request, but it would be nice to have an idea of how long this could take. And hopefully the gabb team sends an email or something to the person that made the request to notify them that the app was either approved and added, or denied due to such-and-such reasons. Can you please advise if you do, in fact, reach out to the originator of app requests? I don't want to have to check the app store everyday to see if it's been added or not. Just looking for some clear communication as to what the process is and typical turn around time on these requests. Thank you

• ReaganKowal

Hello @Ksdavis,

Great question! Our team does not currently have the ability to send an email notifications to customers when an app has been approved or denied. That being said, this is great feedback. We'd be happy to pass this along for our team to look into for a potential update in the future.

Our team works hard to regularly review each app that is requested through the Request an App feature. Due to the high number of inquires every day, we do not have a set timeframe from app request to approval/denial. If the desired app passes our minimum safety standards, it will be made available for Gabb phones with a full review. The number of requests per app also comes into play with app reviewal. With this said, anywhere from 1-10 highly requested apps are added each month.

Thank you for your patience as each app request is reviewed!

-Reagan

• EsMom
    EsMom Member Posts: 1
    edited September 10

We are trying to figure out the same thing. We requested it with a few other apps, but it took almost 2 weeks, and all we got was a vague email saying that the app we requested can’t be added at this time because it either goes against their safety policies (which, it does not) or it won’t function correctly on the Gabb system. We’re not even sure which requested app it was referring to. (It never said)

Pretty frustrating as it is the one app we REALLY want him to have access to, and we seem to be stuck in a contract with a phone that can’t run it.

• DCBurt
    DCBurt Member Posts: 2

I requested that DuoMobile be added to the app store. It was approved, but it is not showing up in my app store.

I contacted Gabb support, but they were no help.

Any advise?

• ReaganKowal

Hello @DCBurt,

Great question! The DuoMobile app is an approved app for our Gabb Reviewed Apps. These apps are available to our Gabb Phone 3 Pro and Gabb Phone 4 Pro when on the Advanced Plan.

It looks like your device is on the Standard Plan which does not include the Gabb Reviewed Apps. If you wish to upgrade from the Standard Plan to the Advanced Plan, you can follow these steps:

1. Login to your Gabb Account at gabb.com/account
    2. Click Dashboard and scroll to the device in question
    3. On the device, select Manage Plan

Our amazing Customer Support team would also be more than happy to assist with upgrading your plan. They can be contacted by chat at www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT.

-Reagan

• acc
    acc Member Posts: 2
    edited September 10

Is there anyone who had requested an app and it did get approved? Does gabb will notify us if an app is approved or disapproved? I had been requesting an app called "Gatewise" as shown below for my teenager's gabb phone, for him to have access in our community gate when going in from school. I had sent a request to gabb for several times and it looks it is just being ignored. Please le me know.

• BluCrusher14
    BluCrusher14 Member Posts: 15
    edited September 10

SmartThings (SmartThings app lets you control all your smart home products from your phone)

Smart Switch (Smart Switch seamlessly transfers multiple types of data to your new Samsung Galaxy from different devices in the way that works best for you.)

Samsung Wallet (Samsung Pay allows you to tap to pay with your device anywhere NFC is available, making in-store payments quick and secure)

Game Launcher (Game Launcher is the ultimate control center for games. All your games in one convenient place with new downloads added automatically)

Samsung Health (Achieve your fitness goals in a fun and interactive way with Samsung Health. Set up a friendly competition with friends and family to keep everyone accountable and on the right track toward their goals.)

Samsung Themes (Style up your screens with Galaxy Themes! Coordinate your phone in a touch. From video wallpapers to fun icons, Galaxy Themes makes stylish phone-lifts easier than ever.)

Samsung Pass (Samsung Pass is a biometric authentication platform for service providers across multiple industries. Samsung Pass enables Simple & Secure biometric authentication in fully integrated way.)

SmartThings Find (SmartThings Find helps you locate your Galaxy phone, tablet, watch, earbuds, and more.)

I'd Like To See These Apps Either Added Or Enabled.

• HannahT
    HannahT Member Posts: 2

I created my son a teen Venmo account through my personal Venmo account but I am unable to log him in on his Gabb phone using his phone number. When it ask for a code to be sent to his number to clarify it’s the right person the text message never comes through on his phone. How do I fix this?

• comer4d
    comer4d Member Posts: 2

I was able to get an app approved, so no, the company is not entirely ignoring you. However, I feel like there should be a way for us parents to add our own apps without gabb approval. My daughter uses discord on her computer constantly (the only reason she still has a gabbphone is the contract), and has been begging me to find a way to get it on there. We should have more control over the devices we spend a hell of alotta money on. The funniest thing is that the technology that gabb uses to keep kids from hacking their phones runs under Samsung Knox technology. You can achieve the same things as well as more features than a gabb phone has with Google Family Link on any normal samsung phone. The reason I got my daughter a gabb phone is because she tends to hack into everything, but shes gotten better at just using the phone, and I don't see why if you can add apps to google play, that we cant have a feature in the MyGabb app to add custom apks or application names.

• BrandonT
    BrandonT Member Posts: 11

I've also been requesting apps for the Gabb phone as well and I will (at least) get that generic email that says whether the app I requested was approved or declined. The problem is that it does not tell me which app it approved. So I guess at this point I will keep spamming your system with App requests. One app that would be really useful is the RESMED MyAir app for ResMed CPAP machines. This allows me to see what's going on with my CPAP machine. I can see that you have apps for other types of medical devices. Please please please add this mobile app. Thanks in advance.

• acc
    acc Member Posts: 2
    edited October 21

I had been requesting the Gatewise App since May and until now I did not get any respond if it is approved or disapproved by gabb. My Teenager need this Gatewise App on his phone so he can use to open the gate of our apartment. It needs the app to be installed in the phone.

Gabb support, please help us on the app we need as shown below attached picture.

• Gabb Product
    Gabb Product Administrator Posts: 87 Admin

Hello all!

We have an update from our Parent Approved 3rd party App team with some exciting news!

Email Notifications when a requested app is Approved/Denied

Our team has created a feature that sends out an email to every email address once a specific app they have requested has been approved or denied. This will help all users know if your app request is still under consideration. Please note that there is no need for multiple requests of the same app by one user. Any additional requests from one user still count as one request. We can assure you that our team works hard to get to each app!

The email notification will include the app name you requested along with if it has been approved or denied. Check out the photos below for a look into the emails. (The name of the app will be included where the red arrow is drawn)

Requested App already in App Library:

Requested App has been Approved:

Requested App has been Denied:

We're excited for this new feature and hope you are too!

-Gabb Product Team

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center