Gabb Messenger Parent trouble

TK77
TK77 Member Posts: 2
edited September 10 in Software

Help! I look on my children's text threads and realize that I only receive a few of the messages that I should as flagged texts in my app. How do I fix that? thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 438 Admin
    edited September 10

Hello @TK77,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing some trouble with your Gabb Messenger app not syncing flagged messaged. Here are some troubleshooting steps to help with this:

1. Sync Gabb Messenger Parent and Gabb Phone:
      1. Log in to the Gabb ID app on the Gabb phone using your child’s login information
      2. Log in to the Gabb Messenger Parent app from your smartphone
      3. Enable notifications for Gabb Messenger Parent on your smartphone
      4. Sync your Gabb Messenger settings:
        • Open Gabb Messenger on your Gabb Phone
        • Select Settings
        • Select Troubleshooting
        • Select Sync Settings
    2. Update Gabb Messenger Parent:
      1. Delete and Re-Install your Gabb Messenger app on your parent phone

Hope this troubleshooting helps!

• Betsy
    Betsy Member Posts: 1

I got the parent messenger app, and all I get is a "whoops something went wrong , we were not able to activate flagged messages" error. When I try to sync messages on my kid's phone by going to message settings and then troubleshooting, it says "failed to syncronize some settings".

How in the world do i get this parent messenger app to tell me ANYTHING AT ALL!!!!

When I try to go to the contacts part of the parent messenger app the error that was there for the flagged messages is still there, and won't go away, or let me add or block contacts etc….

Super unhappy with the parental control on this phone.

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 438 Admin

Hi @Betsy,

Your frustration is heard! Apologies for the trouble you have experienced with getting your Messenger Parent app to sync. Your post was merged into this one as others have experienced a similar error. Please follow the troubleshooting steps found in this post to help resolve this.

You can learn more about the Messenger Parent app and its feature in this article:

https://gabb.com/support/software/gabb-messenger-user-guide/

Hope this information and troubleshooting steps help!

-Reagan

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center