Anyone else having Call Failed when calling the Gabb 3 watch?

Options
Caitb
Caitb Member Posts: 4

the watch can call out to me, but when I call the watch it says “call failed” when my son answers. I’ve tried every reset known to this watch and have troubleshooted for hours. Support asks me irrelevant questions and provides no solution. Help!

Tagged:

Answers

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Moderator Posts: 92 Admin
    edited June 25
    Options

Hi @Caitb,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this "call failed" error with your Gabb Watch 3. It's good to see that you have been helped by our Customer Support through these troubleshooting steps:

1. Network Reset with Customer Support:
      1. Ask a Customer Support agent to help troubleshoot the GPS Location error through aNetwork Reset
      2. Contact Customer Support by Live Chat on www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT
    2. Power cycle reset to the Gabb Watch 3:
      1. Hold the power button down for 4 seconds > Select the power off icon on the watch screen > Wait 15 seconds > Hold the power button for another 4 seconds to turn the watch back on
    3. Unpair from the Gabb Watch 3
      1. MyGabb app > Devices > Profile > Remove Device > Pair back to the Watch to improve the connected between the parent MyGabb App and the Watch.

This issue has been escalate to be investigated by our Product Team. We'll keep an eye out and follow along with that investigation to get this working properly. Thank you for your effort to troubleshoot.

-Reagan

• K_has3
    K_has3 Member Posts: 1
    Options

On the Gabb watch 3, how do I make it so other "guardian" contacts can text and call the watch? It only works for me-the primary contact to call or text the watch. No other approved contacts, even guardian contacts are able to contact the watch, but the watch can text and call them just fine.

• ReaganKowal
    edited June 11
    Options

Hi @K_has3,

Sorry you're experiencing some trouble with calling and texting the guardian and approved contacts on your Gabb Watch 3. It's great to see that you are currently troubleshooting via email with Customer Support to get this resolved. They have followed the troubleshooting steps mentioned above in this thread. They have also had you do the following factory reset step:

1. On the MyGabb App: Unpair the watch
      1. Select the “Devices” tab
      2. Select “Profile” on the watch you need to unpair
      3. Scroll to the bottom of the profile and select “Remove Device”
      4. Select “Remove and Reset”
    2. On the Watch: Factory Reset the watch
      1. Place the watch on the charger
      2. Press the back button (top right button) 10 times fast
      3. An image will appear on the watch
      4. Select the checkmark on the watch
      5. The watch will power off, factory reset, then power back on when it’s finished
    3. Pair back to the watch.

It looks like they are now working on changing the phone number of the device as the next troubleshooting step. Let's follow this troubleshooting with Customer Support and update us when this is resolved. Thank you!

-Reagan

• Hpennie
    Hpennie Member Posts: 2
    Options

I have been having the same problem! The “chat” support person told me to send a video of me placing a call and I did last week. I have not heard back from them.

Please advise.

• ReaganKowal
    Options

Hi @Hpennie,

Thank you for working with our Customer Support on this. It's good to hear that you are troubleshooting to get this looked into. The information from your email has been received and in the process of escalation and investigation. Thank you!

-Reagan

• Momof5Boys
    Momof5Boys Member Posts: 4
    Options

I ordered a Gabb watch 3 for my oldest son. I was able to call my son, but he was unable to accept my call. I was able to text my son‘s watch. My son was able to call me and text me. After consulting with gap support they were not able to fix the problem. I sent back the new watch and and Gabb sent me a new watch. I received the new watch and completed the set up and I am having the same issue, my son can call and text me. I can text my son, but he cannot answer my calls.

• ReaganKowal
    Options

Hi @Momof5Boys,

Thank you for sharing all the troubleshooting steps you have done for this situation you are experiencing on your Gabb Watch 3. So sorry you are still having trouble after receiving that replacement. Our Customer Support has a few further troubleshooting steps that they would do to find the source of this issue. It looks like they have reached back out. They will be able to continue helping!

• Caitb
    Caitb Member Posts: 4
    Options

@Momof5Boys

what phone carrier to you have? I have Visible by Verizon and it seems like people who have that carrier have this issue. People that have Verizon can call my son and the call accepts, but I try and the call fails when he answers

• MommaBower
    MommaBower Member Posts: 2
    Options

This has been happening to me too! I was sent a replacement but it’s still not working. It also seems all Android users can call but not iPhone

• Lauren2909
    Lauren2909 Member Posts: 2
    Options

I have been having the same issue. Chat support told me to contact our service provider even though the guardian contact can successfully call one of our Gabb watches but not the other one; clearly not a service provider issue.

• GabbDadPA
    GabbDadPA Member Posts: 2
    Options

@Caitb My wife and I have iPhones and also have Visible cellular carrier (uses Verizon network) and this bug occurs for us too on both the Gabb 3 units we bought for our 2 children. Our parents have T-Mobile with iPhones and the same Gabb 3 devices were able to answer those calls w/o issue. The Gabb 3 watch can call our phones and connect without problem, but cannot answer our incoming calls to the watch. When we call the Gabb 3 and they hit the accept call button, it immediately declines the call and we receive a "call failed" error on our phones. I suppose we'll need to await a carrier settings update to resolve this issue once they can figure out what's happening to prevent these calls from connecting. However, this is of course a very severe bug as it defeats the point of having this device for our children in the meantime.

• ReaganKowal
    Options

Thank you for this information, @GabbDadPA! The information you gave us about your carrier and the patterns you are seeing with your device are very helpful details. We have sent this over to our Product Team to investigate. Thank you again!

-Reagan

• Dana
    Dana Member Posts: 5
    Options

Same problem here!! I (the primary guardian) cannot call child’s watch. The call fails. However, calls from non-guardian contacts will go through! Please fix this!

• Momof5Boys
    Momof5Boys Member Posts: 4
    Options

Here is my update:

Gabb Watch3 #1- The call failed when I called the watch.

I got Gabb Watch3 #2 in the mail - I had the same issue, but then my son damaged it. I contacted Gabb and got another watch with the warranty I thankfully paid for.

I got Gabb Watch #3 in the mail - still having the same issue.

I will contact support again tomorrow to see if they can fix it. We love our Gabb Watch2 that works like it should. I would prefer to give my money to Gabb vs. another company - but I do need this issue to be resolved.

• JaydenJohns
    JaydenJohns Moderator Posts: 4 Admin
    edited June 21
    Options

Hi @Momof5Boys ,

We are so sorry you are running into these issues. Our product team is actively looking into these reports of some users getting a "call failed" when the primary contact or Visible Wireless carrier customers call the watch. We have sent your information over to the team in order for them to investigate the situation and get a resolution.

We understand the urgency of this issue as it is important to have communication with your children and to keep them safe. Thank you for your feedback and for sharing!

-Jayden

• Lindalou2
    Lindalou2 Member Posts: 2
    Options

I am having this same issue. I call and as soon as my kid answers, it cuts the call and I get a failed call. My kiddo can call me fine and I can send a text message to them, vise versa. We have iPhones and use Visible by Verizon. My husband is able to call the Gabb watch no problem. But I’m the primary caretaker so it defeats the purpose of the phone if I can’t contact my child by calling. My child is special needs and doesn’t read well so I need the call feature to work!

• Midwest_mama
    Midwest_mama Member Posts: 2
    Options

I am having this exact same issue. My husband who is listed as guardian cannot call her or send her text messages. She can send them to him and call him, but he can’t for her. We have tried everything listed above still nothing. We never had an issue until we got a replacement watch for her about a month ago. We have the gabb3. I’m annoyed because her dad should be able to contact her and cannot.

• ReaganKowal
    Options

@Lindalou2 and @Midwest_mama,

Thank you for sharing the trouble you are running into with this. As mentioned above, our Product Team is investigating the cause of this and are working hard to get an update out to resolve this. To help our team further, please Live Chat or call our Customer Support to get your information escalated to this investigation. You can contact Customer Support by chat on www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT. Thank you!

-Reagan

• fitz
    fitz Member Posts: 3
    Options

Exact same issues calling both my children’s Gabb 3 watches from our iPhones ((Verizon is our carrier). Was sent replacement watches and after just setting the first one up it is having the same issues.

• sarnitch14
    sarnitch14 Member Posts: 3
    Options

I am not able to call my daughters watch nor can I call myself from her watch and I’m set up as the SOS contact… even tried the SOS button to call myself and it still says “no signal, can’t make phone calls”

• Baseballmom
    Baseballmom Member Posts: 2
    Options

Same problem here! Please fix ASAP!!

• Scott
    Scott Member Posts: 2
    Options

can not call my son it says call failed talked to you guys last week

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center