Anyone else having Call Failed when calling the Gabb 3 watch?

2»

Answers

• JennaG
    JennaG Member Posts: 2

same issue here since December. I’d really like to get a hold of him once school starts and I’ve been paying for service through gabb since December without being able to use the device. I have a year and a half left in my contract. Is there a better Gabb device I could switch to?

• Cindy
    Cindy Member Posts: 1

My children have the new Gabb watch 3. Both of them are not able to receive calls. The call will ring through but when they try to answer it says "call failed." I replaced one of the watches with a new Gabb 3 watch. Despite being a brand new watch, we are having the same problem.

• dpaneeds
    dpaneeds Member Posts: 3

Following this thread, as this has been a recent issue for us as well. Guardian contact (my husband) can receive texts/call from son's gabb watch 3, but our son does not receive the texts/calls from my husband. Was working fine from the beginning of august (when we first activated the watch) up until about August 19th - the last text message my son reports having received from his dad. Regarding calls, instead of "call failed," when my husband calls my son, it rings once, and then says something along the lines of, "cannot complete the call because there is no voicemail set up," - which is odd because I don't even think there is a voicemail feature for the watch - so why even have that message prompt come up? On my son's end, the watch doesn't ring at all when my husband tries to call him.

Hoping this upcoming "fix" will turn things around, as the main reason why we invested in this device was to be able to contact our son reliably.

• Momof5Boys
    Momof5Boys Member Posts: 6

Is there a date yet for the update to be released?

• bettstown
    bettstown Member Posts: 2

We have also had these issues since we got the watch in May. We returned the first one, but the second one was just the same.

When I try to call, it often says, "You have called a number on which the voicemail has not been set up." The GPS stops working pretty often for an entire day due to a low cell signal. Texts bounce back often. Overall, the watch has been terrible. Do you have any updates on whether these problems are being resolved?

• Cgibbo
    Cgibbo Member Posts: 2

Receiving calls fails from iPhone on Mint Mobile but works from Android on Mint Mobile.

When can we expect the issue to be resolved?

• Gabb Product
    Gabb Product Administrator Posts: 87 Admin
    edited September 13

Hello all,

Great news! As of today (9/12), a new update has been released to all Gabb Watch 3's that will resolve this error. Please follow these steps to ensure your device is on the most recent update:

• App Update on the Gabb Watch 3:
      • Connect Gabb Watch to WiFi by going to the settings app
      • Open the ID app on the watch
      • Tap Update App until the screen says "Apps are up to date!" You may need to tap the button multiple times.
      • This may take several minutes to finish.
      • Turn the watch off by holding down the power button for 4 seconds, select the power off icon on the watch screen, wait 15 seconds, then hold the power button for another 4 seconds to turn the watch back on.
    • System Update on the Gabb Watch 3:
      • Place watch on charger. Watch must be charged to at least 30% before updating
      • Open the Check for Updates app
      • Tap the update button. The watch will automatically restart when the update is done.

Thank you for your patience as we actively worked on getting this error resolved!

-Gabb Product Team

• dpaneeds
    dpaneeds Member Posts: 3

I have followed the steps above regarding the 9/12 update with no success of resolving the issue. My husband, the guardian contact, still cannot text or call my son. I was hopeful when this update announcement was made, and we are quite frustrated that this is still an ongoing issue. As we split pick ups for my son, I am having to be the in between for my husband and son, texting back and forth with them as their line of communication. I am all for the purpose of this watch, for the safety and gentle introduction to technology for our young one, and I really wanted to give Gabb a chance despite all the concerning reviews I read before purchasing… but at this point, only about 2 months in and having one of the most basic features not work, I’m not sure we want to continue, which is a huge shame because I really believe in the heart and mission of what Gabb is trying to do.

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 474 Admin

Hello @dpaneeds,

So sorry to hear you are experiencing this error with your Gabb Watch 3. If this update did not resolve the error, it could be because you are experiencing a different error than the one in this thread. Our team has reached out to investigate and troubleshoot with you. Please get back to them at your earliest convenience.

Thank you!

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center