Teen Venmo

HannahT
HannahT Member Posts: 2

I created my son a teen Venmo account through my personal Venmo account but I am unable to log him in on his Gabb phone using his phone number. When it ask for a code to be sent to his number to clarify it’s the right person the text message never comes through on his phone. How do I fix this?

Tagged:

Answers

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 438 Admin
    edited September 25

Hello @HannahT,

Great question! There are a few different things that could be causing the text message with the code to not be received on your Gabb Phone 4 Pro. Here are some steps to help:

1. Check Requests in Gabb Messenger On Gabb Phone and in Gabb Messenger Parent:
      1. Open your Gabb Messenger app and navigate to "Requests" next to "Messages"
      2. You will see the code from Venmo on the Gabb Phone Request tab and the link to Venmo in the Parent app
    2. Contact Management in Gabb Messenger Parent:
      1. When the feature in Contact Management for iOS users that only allows approved contacts to contact the device, it will not allow the text to come through
      2. Temporarily turn off this feature on test again.

Hope this helps!

-Reagan

• OxMom
    OxMom Member Posts: 2

These directions do not help on a Gabb Phone 4 (NOT pro) and I'm having the same issue. How do I get the link from venmo unflagged so my son can use it on his phone? Is it possible?

• Gabb Product
    Gabb Product Administrator Posts: 59 Admin

Hello @OxMom,

Sorry for any confusion with this situation. We would be happy to help clarify. The Gabb Phone 4 does not have access to Venmo as the Gabb-Reviewed apps are not a feature included to the Gabb Phone 4. The Gabb-Reviewed apps are only available to our Gabb Phone 3 Pro and Gabb Phone 4 Pro.

When signing up for Teen Venmo, ensure you have checked the requests tab in the Gabb Messenger on the Gabb Phone as well as Gabb Messenger for Parent on the parent phone. You will find the code and necessary link to get the Teen Venmo account set up. This has been tested successfully on multiple accounts.

Thank you!

-Gabb Product Team

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center