Additional Guardian Can't text on lock mode

KTB1520
KTB1520 Member Posts: 4

Hi all. I don't know if it's just me or this is other people's experience. I have me and my spouse listed as guardians on my kids' watches. My spouse's text & calls are not able to go through when they are on lock mode.

Any ideas?

Answers

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 418 Admin
    edited September 17

Hello @KTB1520,

Good question! First, here is some clarification about the Primary and Guardian Contact. Being the account holder makes you the Primary Contact. There is no need to also assign you, the Primary Contact, as a Guardian Contact as it will create two profiles for the Primary Contact. 

You will want to ensure you delete the Primary Contact information from the Guardian Contact by following these steps:

1. Log in to the MyGabb app on the primary parent’s smartphone.
    2. Select the hamburger icon in the upper-right corner.
    3. Select Contacts.
    4. Select the desired contact.
    5. Select the three dots in the top right corner.
    6. Select Delete.

When experiencing trouble with the Guardian Contact contacting the Gabb Watch 3, please follow these steps:

1. Delete and Re-Add the Contact
      1. Delete the contact from the MyGabb app
      2. Re-Add the contact and assign them as the Guardian Contact again
    2. App Update on the Gabb Watch 3:
      1. Connect Gabb Watch to WiFi by going to the settings app
      2. Open the ID app on the watch
      3. Tap Update App until the screen says "Apps are up to date!" You may need to tap the button multiple times. This may take several minutes to finish.
      4. Turn the watch off by holding down the power button for 4 seconds, select the power off icon on the watch screen, wait 15 seconds, then hold the power button for another 4 seconds to turn the watch back on.
    3. System Update on the Gabb Watch 3:
      1. Place watch on charger. Watch must be charged to at least 30% before updating
      2. Open the Check for Updates app 
      3. Tap the update button. The watch will automatically restart when the update is done. 
    4. Soft reset to the Gabb Watch 3:
      1. Hold the power button down for 4 seconds 
      2. Select the power off icon on the watch screen 
      3. Wait 15 seconds 
      4. Hold the power button for another 4 seconds to turn the watch back on
    5. Hard reset (Factory Reset) on the Gabb Watch 3
      1. On the MyGabb App: Unpair the watch
        1. Select the "Devices" tab
        2. Select "Profile" on the watch you need to unpair
        3. Scroll to the bottom of the profile and select "Remove Device"
        4. Select "Remove and Reset"
      2. On the Watch: Factory Reset the watch
        1. Place the watch on the charger
        2. Press the back button (top right button) 10 times fast
        3. Select the checkmark on the watch
        4. The watch will power off, factory reset, then power back on when it’s finished
        5. Pair back to the watch
    6. Reset with Customer Support:
      1. Our Customer Support can preform many troubleshooting steps to help resolve this
      2. Contact Customer Support by Live Chat on www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT

Hope these troubleshooting steps help!

-Reagan

• KTB1520
    KTB1520 Member Posts: 4

@ReaganKowal

I typed that wrong. I'm on there as a guardian contact, only as the primary. My spouse is the only one as a guardian. They still are not able to communicate with our kids on lock mode. When I go in and check each lock mode schedule, I have the "focus mode" schedule for multiple times, right where it says "disable all apps, calls, and texts except those with Primary and Guardian contacts."

My spouse's picture/contact does not appear on my kids' watches and he can not contact them. This is a massive inconvenience as we divide and conquer all their pick ups and drop offs. Am I missing something on my end?

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 418 Admin

@KTB1520

Thank you for clarifying that the Primary Contact is not assigned as a Guardian Contact. Apologies for the confusion with the troubleshooting steps. The property troubleshooting steps have been updated to the post above. Please refer to these steps.

Thank you!

-Reagan

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center