Gabb Watch 3 Black Screen

Nikki
Nikki Member Posts: 4
edited July 25 in Gabb watches

Has anyone had the issue of the screen going black? The SoS call still works and shows up on the screen..... I have have tried shutting off and turning back on.... After it starts up it goes black.

Tagged:

Answers

• HollyBowman22
    HollyBowman22 Member Posts: 11

@Nikki we had this on our Gabb Watch 3 but haven't had an issue since we did the newest update to the watch.

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 417 Admin
    edited August 29

Hi @Nikki

@HollyBowman22 is right! The most recent update on the Gabb Watch 3 helps to resolve this issue. Here are the steps to update your Gabb Watch 3 firmware:

1. Connect to WiFi
    2. Place watch on charger. Watch must be charged to at least 30% before updating
    3. Open the Check for Updates app (shown below)
    4. Tap the update button. The watch will automatically restart when the update is done.

If your device is frozen on the black screen, please follow these troubleshooting steps first:

1. On the MyGabb App: Unpair the watch
      1. Select the “Devices” tab
      2. Select “Profile” on the watch you need to unpair
      3. Scroll to the bottom of the profile and select “Remove Device”
      4. Select “Remove and Reset”
    2. On the Watch: Factory Reset the watch
      1. Place the watch on the charger
      2. Press the back button (top right button) 10 times fast
      3. An image will appear on the watch
      4. Select the checkmark on the watch
      5. The watch will power off, factory reset, then power back on when it’s finished
      6. Pair back to the watch.

If your device does not respond to these troubleshooting steps, please contact our Customer Support to see if it qualifies for a Manufacturer Warranty replacement. Customer Support can be contacted by chat on www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT.

Hope this helps!

-Reagan

• Nikki
    Nikki Member Posts: 4

How do you do the update? On my app on my phone it says update available but it doesn't allow me to click on it. I can't do it off the watch because the screen is black

• ReaganKowal

@Nikki,

Hope you were able to follow the troubleshooting steps from above to resolve this!

-Reagan

• NDSKLS
    NDSKLS Member Posts: 2

I have the same problem. I am unable to reset the watch using the troubleshooting steps.

• ReaganKowal

Hi @NDSKLS,

Sorry to hear that your device did not respond to the troubleshooting steps from above. We recommend reaching out to our Customer Support to look further into this with you.  You can contact Customer Support by chat on www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT.

-Reagan

• NDSKLS
    NDSKLS Member Posts: 2

My daughter’s screen goes black randomly when using the watch. This makes it unusable. We are unable to do a factory reset or an update. Has anyone else had this issue? The watch is about 6 months old. We’ve had so many problems with the Gabb watch 3 that we didn’t have with the 2. The ability to make phone calls isn’t worth it with all the problems.

• ReaganKowal
    edited July 25

Hi @NDSKLS,

So sorry to hear you are experiencing this trouble with your Gabb Watch screen going back. If the device is stuck on that black screen. The best troubleshooting step for this is to follow the troubleshooting steps above in this thread. I'll add them again below as well.

The most recent update on the Gabb Watch 3 helps resolve what was causing this "black screen" issue. Here are the steps to update your Gabb Watch 3 firmware if your device is not on the black screen:

1. Connect to WiFi
    2. Place watch on charger. Watch must be charged to at least 30% before updating
    3. Open the Check for Updates app (shown below)
    4. Tap the update button. The watch will automatically restart when the update is done.

If your device is frozen on the black screen, please follow these troubleshooting steps first:

1. On the MyGabb App: Unpair the watch
      1. Select the Devices tab
      2. Select "Profile” on the watch you need to unpair
      3. Scroll to the bottom of the profile and select Remove Device
      4. Select Remove and Reset
    2. On the Watch: Factory Reset the watch
      1. Place the watch on the charger
      2. Press the back button (top right button) 10 times fast
      3. An image will appear on the watch
      4. Select the checkmark on the watch
      5. The watch will power off, factory reset, then power back on when it’s finished
    3. Pair back to the watch as shown here

If you are still experiencing this black screen after following these troubleshooting steps, please contact Customer Support by chat on www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT. They will be able to continue looking into this with you.

-Reagan

• Luisa
    Luisa Member Posts: 5

I was able to fix the black screen issue with factory reset. But I must say the pairing flow is still kind of broken as the app insist on wifi mode. From the watch I had initiated manual with pairing code, but this option is not possible from the app.

After reset and pairing, watch doesn't think there is any system update available. There is app update though (from the ID icon), will report back if I see any more black screen issues after today.

• Tlabrum
    Tlabrum Member Posts: 3

Our Gabb watch will not turn on. We have placed it in the original charger and nothing is happening. Just a black screen. We tried the troubleshooting (back button 10 times fast) and nothing seems to work.

• ReaganKowal

Hi @Tlabrum,

We're sorry to hear that the troubleshooting steps above did not help resolve the issue you are experiencing on your Gabb Watch 3. If troubleshooting does not help, the next troubleshooting step is to work with Customer Support to see if your device qualifies for a replacement under the Manufacturer Warranty. Our team has reached out. Please respond back to them at your earliest convenience. Thank you!

-Reagan

• Gabbwatch3
    Gabbwatch3 Member Posts: 1

the watch is not doing anything.

Stuck on Gabb logo.

Screen is black all the time even when it’s on.it will shut down because it’s warm.

I tried the tips on this forum and nothing

• ReaganKowal

@Gabbwatch3 So sorry to hear that you are continuing to see this trouble with your device after following these troubleshooting steps. Because you are still experiencing this black screen, you can contact Customer Support by chat on www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT. They will be able to continue looking into this with you.

-Reagan

• Adreann
    Adreann Member Posts: 1

I have followed the direction of reseting my daughters Gabb watch 3. I deleted the device from the app and then pushed the back button on the watch 10 times fast and the reset option did appear but I click on it and it does nothing I have tried this over 5 times all with the same result. It is charging but it will not reset and still has the black/blank screen. Please Help. This watch continues to give me troubles where my other daughters works just fine.

• 1_Dead_Watch
    1_Dead_Watch Member Posts: 1

screen is black and reset didn’t work. Active chat not working. What’s next

• Mike1987
    Mike1987 Member Posts: 1

My sons watch will power on and show the blue gabb loading screen then after a minute or so the screen goes black and won't respond to anything it won't even receive a call. But when I hold the power button for a couple seconds the power off screen pops up and I can shut down the watch! What do I do?

• Luisa
    Luisa Member Posts: 5

We got black screen again, this time the instruction is not working!

• Monicam
    Monicam Member Posts: 1

My Daughters watch went black. It powers on and off, shows the Gabb blue screen then nothing else. I unpaired it and tried to re-pair and now it wont pair again.

• BustedWatch
    BustedWatch Member Posts: 2

My son's watch went black after only 17 days from activation.

I had updated all apps and firmware. I had the Gabb braned screen protector on. The watch has no damage and did not get wet, but the screen just went entirely black.

Touchscreen still works, it plays sound on charge, it can receive calls (if you guess where the answer button is) and can call the emergency contact by holding back.

The only thing that does not work is the display itself.

I just spent 45min with chat support going through the unpair and reset steps outlined on the support page, which was frustrating when I was repeatedly told to click something on the screen, or take action when the boot image appeared, considering the problem is NO DISPLAY.

Now I'm to wait 24h for some sort of 'sync' from their end before I try to do this again. At least before I was on with support I could still call or track my kid.

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center