Google Classroom

BigSkyMom
BigSkyMom Member Posts: 2

I’m reaching out to inquire about the possibility of adding Google Classroom to the Gabb device app store. I understand that certain apps may not function properly on Gabb devices due to the requirements outlined, such as the need for an internet browser to sign in. However, I wanted to highlight the significance of Google Classroom in our local educational ecosystem. It is the primary platform used by our public school district, which serves over 17,000 students.

Our school district has thoroughly vetted Google Classroom and deem it safe for student use, and it’s an integral part of our students' learning experience. Given this, I was wondering if there might be an option to allow parents to decide whether or not they would like their children to have access to this app on their Gabb devices.

Given the growing reliance on digital learning tools, having access to Google Classroom is essential for students, including those who use Gabb devices. I was hoping to better understand if there are any future plans to accommodate apps that require browser sign-ins or if Gabb devices may support similar educational tools that would meet these needs.

I would greatly appreciate a response regarding this matter, as well as any guidance or recommendations on how we can ensure that students using Gabb devices can access their educational resources effectively.

Thank you for your consideration and continued efforts to support safe technology for kids.

0 votes

Open · Last Updated

Comments

• Gabb Product
    Gabb Product Administrator Posts: 87 Admin

Hello @BigSkyMom,

Thank you for this! We take the feedback of our customers very seriously. We work hard to meet the needs of our customers while upholding our mission to keep your children safe.

As noted in the photo below from the Gabb App Guide after requesting Google Classroom, the app does not meet our reviewing criteria. This is a paid app along with requiring an internet browser to function. Our Gabb Phones do not have access to an internet browser.

At this time, a feature allowing internet access to specific apps and not others is not available. We'd be happy to pass this along to our team as feedback as a potential future update. Again, we thank you for your feedback and are happy to have you as part of our Gabb family!

-Gabb Product Team

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center