Filtered music on Gabb Music Plus

Tiffany
Tiffany Member Posts: 4

Are the songs on Gabb Music only filtered through explicit lyrics?? One of the song my daughter has been listening too by Florida Georgia Line “Sun Daze” has the lyrics….”all I wanna do is wear my favorite shades and get stoned….and throw a twenty on the corn hole game, if I’m lucky yeah I might get laid….ill sit you up on the kitchen sink and stick a pink umbrella in your drink” - I don’t know what filtering algorithm you are using but we will be canceling Gabb Music if it’s more songs like this.

Tagged:

Answers

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 473 Admin

Hi @Tiffany,

Thank you for bringing this to light. Gabb Music is designed to provide kids with a safe and enjoyable music experience across all musical genres. We filter songs, titles, artist names, and images to ensure there is no explicit language or inappropriate subject matter. We take the safety of each song very seriously. The song in question was brought to the attention of our Gabb Music Team and was immediately removed as it does not meet our standards. Our team is now investigating how it may have gotten through so this does not happen again in the future. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention so we could make this right.

-Reagan

• Tiffany
    Tiffany Member Posts: 4

Thank you so much for your prompt response. I apologize that my original message was a little harsh. I was quite appalled at the lyrics. I really appreciate you quickly removing the song and looking into why it slipped through in the first place. One of the reasons we chose Gabb Music over other music streaming options is for the content safety and subject purity. There is so much junk out there, it is nice to allow my daughter to enjoy music without it polluting her mind! :)

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 473 Admin
    edited June 20

@Tiffany

We can understand the concern you had and appreciate your post. We're happy we were able to look into this so quickly and resolve this issue right away. We're happy to hear you will be continuing to enjoy Gabb Music with the peace of mind it gives!

-Reagan

• Climbingang
    Climbingang Member Posts: 2

I have a music question. My kids just got the pro 4 with the advanced plan. They are loving their phones! They both LOVE music and are very conservative in what they choose to listen to. They have been trying to find current Christian/christian rap songs and the selection is very small. I am wondering, as I know there are literally millions of songs out there, if you might take suggestion lists. Maybe you would allow users to send in a small 10-20 song lists for you to check out and see if it passes your filters, and if the user does a good job helping you find quality clean music, maybe you allow them to send a second list, and continue on that way. Or something like this. I am sure you have people going g through songs, why not put your users to work for you. They want good, clean songs and they know a lot of what THEY want, how about some type of a suggestion or request option from your users?

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center