Gabb Watch 3 blue loading screen

System
System Administrator Posts: 7 Admin
edited July 31 in Gabb watches
This discussion was created from comments split from: Gabb watch 3.
Tagged:

Comments

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 438 Admin

Hi @Ala and @Parkagirl,

Sorry to hear you have been experiencing trouble with your Gabb Watch 3. There are several troubleshooting steps listed above in this thread that can help with this error. It sounds like both of you have attempted these troubleshooting steps but did not see results. We see that Customer Support was able to reach out to get you exchanged for new devices and get those devices back to us for analysis. Thank you for working with us!

-Reagan

• Lauren
    Lauren Member Posts: 4

I’m having this same issue now. What was the fix??

• ReaganKowal
    edited September 20

@Lauren Sorry to hear you are experiencing trouble with your Gabb Watch 3 not going past the loading screen. Here is the first troubleshooting steps to try:

1. Hard reset (Factory Reset) on the Gabb Watch 3
      1. On the MyGabb App: Unpair the watch
        1. Select the "Devices" tab
        2. Select "Profile" on the watch you need to unpair
        3. Scroll to the bottom of the profile and select "Remove Device"
        4. Select "Remove and Reset"
      2. On the Watch: Factory Reset the watch
        1. Place the watch on the charger
        2. Press the back button (top right button) 10 times fast
        3. Select the checkmark on the watch
        4. The watch will power off, factory reset, then power back on when it’s finished
        5. Pair back to the watch

If you do not receive the checkmark from these steps, please reach out to our Customer Support by chat on www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT. They will be able to look further into this with you to help get this resolved.

-Reagan

• StacieP_87
    StacieP_87 Member Posts: 2

I am also having this problem! Long presses and short presses didn’t work. Did the removing device and trying to re-pair watch help anyone?

• ReaganKowal
    edited July 16

Hi @StacieP_87,

Thank you for following the troubleshooting steps! Here are the steps to pair back to your Gabb Watch 3:

• Enable Bluetooth on your parent smartphone.
    • On your parent smartphone, make sure your MyGabb App is up to date in the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android ) for a smoother onboarding experience.
    • Log in to the MyGabb App using your Gabb Account credentials, which consist of the email and password you provided during your initial order setup.
    • Select Add Device > Gabb Watch 3.
    • Ensure your Gabb Watch 3 is powered on and Bluetooth is enabled on your parent smartphone and your smartphone will detect the Gabb Watch 3. This process can take up to a few minutes.
    • Connect the new Gabb Watch 3 to your Wi-Fi network in the MyGabb App on the parent device. Connecting to Wi-Fi helps the watch get more accurate locations and will allow for critical software updates to be performed, including adding new apps to your child’s watch.
    • Enter the child’s (the watch user’s) information. This will automatically log your child into the Gabb ID on their watch once pairing is complete.
    • Watch pairing is complete!

This Gabb Watch 3 pairing process is shown here

Hope this helps!

• Jsydenham
    Jsydenham Member Posts: 2

My son has had his watch for less than a month and it won’t turn on. I have tried all the troubleshooting and nothing!!

• ReaganKowal

Hi @Jsydenham,

So sorry to hear you are experiencing trouble with your new Gabb Watch 3 after following these troubleshooting steps. It looks like our Customer Support has reached out to you to further investigate this with you. Please respond to them at your earliest convenience. Thanks!

-Reagan

• Mrshair
    Mrshair Member Posts: 2

I am having the same issue. It tries to start up but nothing happens and it gets so hot. I tried to factory reset it but now it deleted the profile from my account and I can’t get it back on until the watch reboots itself. Which is the problem. I just had to return my daughter’s watch for another reason last month and now my son’s watch is acting up. This is beyond frustrating.

• ReaganKowal

Hello @Mrshair,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are experiencing with your Gabb Watch 3. We want to do all we can to help get the device working properly again. It looks like our Customer Support has reached out to you to help further troubleshoot this with you. Please respond to them at your earliest convenience. Thank you!

-Reagan

• Bakerm0926
    Bakerm0926 Member Posts: 1

the watch has a blue screen cycling the word ‘Gabb’ but won’t turn on. Please help. I’ve unpaired the device and if I unplug the watch it will eventually die.

• ReaganKowal

@Bakerm0926,

It's good to see that you were able to reach out to Customer Support to get this resolved. Sorry for any trouble and frustration this has caused. Thank you for working with out team to help make this right!

-Reagan

• towangle
    towangle Member Posts: 4

Has anyone gotten this issue resolved? Did you return the watch? Get a new one?

The battery is completely dead. If I put it on the charger it starts cycling through the start-up process — continually restarting after 10 to 30 seconds. I spent an hour and a half with Customer Service chat trying all the suggestions posted above to no avail. Cannot power it off. Cannot do a factory reset. Cannot get it to charge.

We've had the watch for less than a month.

• ReaganKowal

Hello @towangle,

So sorry to hear you are experiencing trouble with your Gabb Watch 3. Thank you for reaching out to our Customer Support to troubleshoot with them.

It's good to see that they are having you follow this troubleshooting step since you have not had success for the steps above:

• Wait until the battery on the Watch completely depletes to 0% battery
    • Place the Watch on the charger and charge it to 100% battery

This troubleshooting steps can help resolve the frozen loading screen error. If you device does not respond to this last troubleshooting step, our team would be more than happy to continue helping. They are able look into if your device qualifies for us to send it to us for investigation and get a replacement sent out to you. Thank you for working with our team to help make this right!

-Reagan

• towangle
    towangle Member Posts: 4

That approach did not work. The battery is completely drained and it won't take a charge. I got a replacement watch through Amazon. Tried the new charger on the original watch, original watch didn't charge. Tried the new watch on the old charger, new watch charges fine.

• Boyle44
    Boyle44 Member Posts: 1

My son’s watch has been stuck on the blue loading screen for a few days and none of the troubleshooting is working. Has anyone been able to resolve this?

• ReaganKowal
    edited September 20

Hi @Boyle44,

Your post was merged into this post with other people who have experienced a similar situation. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your device getting stuck on the blue Gabb loading screen. This post provides the troubleshooting step needed for this error:

4. The watch will power off, factory reset, then power back on when it’s finished

If you do not receive the checkmark from these steps, the next troubleshooting step to follow would be to further investigate this with our Customer Support to see if you qualify for a replacement to be sent to you. You can contact Customer Support by chat on www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT.

-Reagan

• BellaRaptor
    BellaRaptor Member Posts: 3
    edited August 9

My daughter's gabb watch 3 is keeps freezing on the blue Gabb icon screen. It will not turn off when holding the bottom button. It only turns off when holding both buttons. I've tried holding the power button to turn on but will not. I again have to hold both buttons to turn on and just freezes on gabb icon screen. I've erased it from the app and now can not add the watch since it keeps freezing. I then get a message saying it needs to cool down.

• ReaganKowal

Hi @BellaRaptor

Your post was merged into this post with others who have experienced similar troubles with their Gabb Watch 3. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your device getting stuck on the blue Gabb loading screen. This post provides the troubleshooting step above.

Hope this helps!

-Reagan

• melkrieg
    melkrieg Member Posts: 1

My son's watch will not connect. just spins. I've tried factory resetting the phone and cannot get anything to work. My daughter has the same watch, and it works fine. Super frustrated

• ReaganKowal
    edited September 20

Hello @melkrieg,

This error with the blue loading screen on your Gabb Watch 3 definitely sounds frustrating as this is not normal for the device. Sorry for any trouble with has caused for you and your family. It's great to see that you were able to reach out to our amazing Customer Support team to do the following troubleshooting steps to get this resolved:

Due to your device not responding to the above steps, our team was able to move forward with replacing your device through the Manufacturer Warranty after verifying your device qualified. Thank you for working with our team to get this resolved!

-Reagan

• moonank
    moonank Member Posts: 2

Has anyone had a resolution to these problems?? Our watch was flashing white screen rendering it useless. Did the updates, factory reset, all of it. Now im just getting the flashing blue screen until it get too hot that it shuts itself off. There must be some kind of software issue, Gabb?? This is the 4th time in the last 8 months that we've had the watch that we've had to do a factory reset. Considering trying a different brand at this point. It's beyond a hassle.

• ReaganKowal

@moonank,

So sorry to hear that you have been experiencing this error after the following troubleshooting steps. It is great to see that you were able to reach out to our Customer Support and get assistance to get your device working again.

If you continue to see this error happen on your Gabb Watch 3 after ensuring the device is up to date, please reach back out to them to see if you quality for a replacement device through the Manufacturer Warranty. Thank you for working with our team!

-Reagan

• ReaganKowal

@BellaRaptor

Love to hear this!

Thank you for sharing so other customers can try these troubleshooting steps as well.

-Reagan

• Ahcorhern
    Ahcorhern Member Posts: 2

We are experiencing the same issue.

Gabb blue screen and will not load. Finally overheated or battery ran all the way cannot tell which.

Allowed it to fully recharge to 100%.

Back to the blue screen.

Cannot be factory reset with the 10 pushes described above.

Also power button will not turn off the phone.

• ReaganKowal
    edited August 20

@Ahcorhern Thank you for reaching out to our Customer Support team for a Manufacturer Warranty replacement as your device did not respond to the above troubleshooting steps. Thank you for working with our team to get this resolved!

-Reagan

• Kelmarie712
    Kelmarie712 Member Posts: 1

we have two Gabb 3 watches. One of them I have had to do a factory reset 2x now and we’ve only owned them since June of this year. This time it is stuck cycling the launch sequence of the blue screen….. it will not turn off no matter how long i hold the power button. The watch itself gets so hot it finally turns off after a few hours. And the cycle repeats once we turn it on again. Not able Tn get to the factory reset option. I am very disappointed with this watch in particular. Like I said we own two of them and this hasn’t happened with the other one. Still have 1.5 years left on our contract and to have had several issues with this watch already is extremely frustrating!!!

• ReaganKowal

@Kelmarie712, It looks like you were able to reach out to our Customer Support team for a Manufacturer Warranty replacement as your device did not respond to the above troubleshooting steps. Thank you for working with our team to get this resolved!

-Reagan

• jjen
    jjen Member Posts: 1

My daughter’s watch starting blinking a blue screen and does nothing else. I have turned the watch off and on multiple times. I have unpaired/reset the watch and I have also done a factory reset in the watch and it still just blinks a blue screen when it’s turned on. My daughter has anxiety and I had to send her to school without her watch today because it’s not working and she wasn’t happy about that. What else can I do to get it to work? Can I get a replacement?

• ReaganKowal

@jjen Thank you for following the necessary troubleshooting steps for the error you are experiencing. Our Customer Support team would be happy to help look into if your device qualifies for a Manufacturer Warranty. Our team has reached out. Please get back to them at your earliest convenience.

Thank you!

-Reagan

• B2b2
    B2b2 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 29

Seeing all these comments makes me not feel so alone with this problem.

We are having the exact issues and everyone else... Blue gabb screen and won't respond to any of the reseting techniques. It charges fine. It even will emergency call me when you hold the back button. I just can't get past the blue Gabb Screen. I chatted with support for a couple hours and they could not help with whatever problem/bug that this thing has. Then they had me send a photo of the front and back and then all of the sudden I'm told ite broken because my son's watch face has a slight scuff/scratch on the screen they told it me it was broken and so there is nothing they'll do and basically go buy a new one. For them it's just a way out of fixing the real issue with the software. I don't even want a replacement, the physical watch is fine. I just want them to figure out the real issue causing this instead of passing blame on a minor cosmetic scratch?

We had the gabb 2 for almost two years and we never had issues like this. We upgraded it to the 3 in December(didnt start to use it til January)...so less than a year and the software will not run properly. It's extremely frustrating! I'm hoping someone on here found an actual solution before I eat the cost of buying out of our contract and cancel Gabb completely.

This is the screen it stays on.

When I go to do the reset I can get this screen to pull up but then when I tap the green check it goes immediately back to the blue screen

• Gabb Product
    Gabb Product Administrator Posts: 59 Admin

Hello @B2b2

We're sorry to hear about this frustrating experience. We apologize or any trouble and frustration this has caused you and your family.

We're happy that our Customer Support team was able to get in contact with you to help resolve this situation. Thank you for working with our team to get your Gabb Watch 3 sent to us and a new device has been sent out to you. This helps up further investigation the source of this error.

-Gabb Product Team

• jackeve0
    jackeve0 Member Posts: 2

This same thing is happening with ours. We tried everything.

• AlN
    AlN Member Posts: 2

Same here. Blue gabb screen and won't respond to any of the reseting techniques. It worked for about six weeks, and now has been like this for 2+ weeks. Haven't had time to troubleshoot until now. Will reach out to support team for Manufacturer Warranty Replacement.

• Juno1234
    Juno1234 Member Posts: 2

Hello, have had the watch for just a few months and very frustrated with this issue already occurring. Tried to reset 3 times now and only have the blue loading screen until it dies again. I have followed all the steps to try to reset and nothing is working.

• Gabb Product
    Gabb Product Administrator Posts: 59 Admin
    edited September 20

Hello all!

We wanted to post a comment with all the troubleshooting steps all in one from the multiple comments above. If you are experiencing trouble with the Blue Loading screen on your Gabb Watch 3, please follow all of these troubleshooting steps:

1. Troubleshoot Battery
      1. Let the battery life completely deplete to 0%
      2. Charge it back to 100% and test again
    2. Hard reset (Factory Reset) on the Gabb Watch 3
    3. Replacement Gabb Watch 3 through the Manufacturer Warranty:
      1. If ALL troubleshooting has been exhausted, our team can verify if your device qualifies for a Manufacturer Warranty replacement
      2. To qualify for the Manufacturer Warranty, the device cannot have any damage to it including scratches, cracks, dents, water damage, etc.
      3. You can contact Customer Support by chat at www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT.

Thank you for troubleshooting with us to make this right!

-Gabb Product Team

• Tball9
    Tball9 Member Posts: 1

My Gabb watch is stuck on a blue Gabb loading screen. It won’t let me do anything. I’ve tried all the trouble shooting tips to manually restart the device or to try and disconnect and reset device, but now my device is disconnected and I can’t even reconnect it. We have only had it for a month. I’m just frustrated, my child has relief on this multiple times and won’t be able to use it tomorrow.

• ReaganKowal

Hello @Tball9,

Your post was merged into this one as others have experienced a similar error. So sorry to hear you are having some trouble with your Gabb Watch 3. Please refer to the post above from @Gabb Product for all the necessary troubleshooting steps to help get this resolved.

Thank you!

-Reagan

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center