Just saw that Gabb Music+ came out. How do we get it?

Options
StaceyMatlock85
StaceyMatlock85 Member Posts: 7

Just saw on Instagram that Gabb has a new Gabb Music+. We're currently paying for the regular gabb music but it doesn't let my daughter search for songs or music that she wants to listen to. I don't want to keep paying for music if she can't search for artists and songs.

How to we change our current Gabb Music for the Gabb Music+ does anyone know?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Robert Dean
    Robert Dean Administrator Posts: 6 Admin
    edited May 24 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Stacey 👋 There are a few ways to get Gabb Music+

OPTION 1. Upgrade your phone plan to an Advanced Plan.

Our Advanced Plan includes Gabb Music+ bundled in at no extra cost. This plan also allows you as the parent to enable and disable 3rd party apps from our Gabb App Store for our Pro model phones (i.e. Gabb Phone 3 Pro etc). To upgrade your phone plan to an Advanced Plan:

• Login to your Gabb Account online at gabb.com/account
    • Navigate to the Dashboard, find the child you whose plan you want to change and click Manage. You can change the line to an Advanced Plan here.

Once you've done so, just make sure your child is logged into a Gabb ID in their Gabb ID app on the Gabb phone and you're good to go!

OPTION 2. Upgrade your subscription to Gabb Music+ "à la carte".

If you don't want to change your plan, this is a great option. It's a good fit for Gabb Phone (Z2), Gabb Phone Plus, or any customers who don't want to have their child on an Advanced Plan. To upgrade your subscription:

• Login to your Gabb Account online at gabb.com/account
    • Click Subscriptions and change the subscription on the phone line to Gabb Music+.

**If using this option, make sure your child is logged into their original Gabb ID that was used when using your initial Gabb Music subscription!

Happy listening 😁

-Bob

Answers

• StaceyMatlock85
    Options

Thank you Bob! She has the plus model phone. If I upgrade her to an advanced plan will I be for sure be able to give her third party apps?

• Robert Dean
    Robert Dean Administrator Posts: 6 Admin
    edited May 15
    Options

Hey Stacey. Good question. 3rd party apps are only available on our Advanced plans for our "Pro" phone models. For example, our Gabb Phone 3 Pro.

If you change your Gabb Phone Plus device to an Advanced Plan, you will receive Gabb Music+ as it's part of the Advanced Plan bundle, but you will not be able to enable 3rd party "Gabb Reviewed" apps since that feature only applies to Pro phone models.

So you have a few options:

1. Keep your Gabb Phone Plus on its current plan and change your music subscription to Gabb Music+ (log in at gabb.com/account, click Subscriptions, change your music to Gabb Music+). Make sure your daughter stays logged into the Gabb ID she used when using her original Gabb Music.
    2. Change your plan to an Advanced Plan. This would get you Gabb Music+ but you wouldn't receive all the benefits of our Advanced Plan, like being able to enable 3rd party apps. I'd recommend upgrading your device to a Pro model like the Gabb Phone 3 Pro to get the full benefits of the Advanced Plan! To do this:
    • Select a Pro model phone and choose an Advanced Plan.
    • When your upgraded device arrives, visit gabb.com/activate to transfer and set it up. Have your daughter log in to the Gabb ID app and she's good to listen to Gabb Music+. You can also enable and disable 3rd party apps for her at at point from your Gabb Account in the Gabb App Store. Once enabled, she can download the app from the Play Store on her device.

-Bob

• StaceyMatlock85
    Options

I think I want to start giving her some apps so we'll go ahead and upgrade her device to a Gabb Phone 3 Pro and do the advanced plan. Thank you!

• Hrothius
    Hrothius Member Posts: 1
    edited June 7
    Options

I upgraded my son's phone in May to the Advanced plan and he can't use Music+. He just gets this error message.

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Moderator Posts: 103 Admin
    Options

Hey @Hrothius,

Exciting to hear your line is now on the Advanced Plan. So many additional features to explore. Good question about the Gabb Music+. It looks like your device has not fully recognized the new plan yet. Here are a few troubleshooting steps that can help with this:

1. Ensure that your Gabb Phone is connected to a strong WiFi source
    2. Log out and log back in to the Gabb ID profile on the Gabb Phone
    3. Have our Customer Support do a sync to your account

It looks like our Customer Support team is working with you on step number 3 through email. Hope this helps to resolve this issue!

• ElizabethJune_98
    ElizabethJune_98 Member Posts: 7
    Options

@Hrothius I had the same thing and custmer support fixed it. Did that work for you?

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center