Overcharged

I signed up for a $29.99 contract. I was charged $78.00!! I did not want a warranty plan added on and some kind of other charge was on there and then it all came out to $78.00. How disrespectful to just charge someone $78.00. we obviously went with gabb because it was cheaper and that's what we could afford. We might as well go to a regular carrier if we are charged $78.00 for one phone that has basic capabilities. No one is on chat even though it is within chat hours. I want my $48.00 back of hard earned money.

Comments

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 473 Admin

Hello @anna433maries,

Sorry for any confusion or frustration with this situation. I'd love to help clarify the cause for a higher than normal monthly service fee. When a line is upgraded in the middle of a billing from the Gabb Phone to the Gabb Phone 3 Pro for example, a prorate will apply to the accounts next billing cycle.

What is a prorate? Prorate takes the monthly amount and divides it among the days of the month (essentially makes it a daily rate). This shows that your line was active on the Gabb Phone plan and the Gabb Phone 3 Pro plan for specific days of the months billing cycle. You can see a great breakdown of prorates and account charges here in this article.

If the Extended Warranty was unintentionally added in the upgrade order, our team will be happy to help remove that additional package. You can reach Customer Support by chat on www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT.

Any additional charge would have come from the activation fee of your new device. This fee is disclosed in the upgrade order process. Note that your monthly service fee will be $29.99 plus tax as no prorates or activation fees will apply moving forward. Again, sorry for any confusion with this situation. Hope this helps!

-Reagan

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center