Import Profile/Setup After Factory Reset

DianaB
DianaB Member Posts: 4

My child has been using their Gabb Watch3 for less than 6 months and I've had to completely factory reset it 2 (or maybe 3) times already (which is extremely annoying…) Unfortunately after a factory-reset I have to manually add everything from scratch — my child's contacts, Quiet Times, Safe Zones, etc. It would be nice to have those settings linked to my child's Gabb profile since they already have a unique user ID. It would save so much time. And if the product is going to keep continually needing factory resets, then it would be nice to make the process a bit more user friendly.

4 votes

Open · Last Updated

Comments

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 473 Admin

Hi @DianaB,

Thank you for posting this feedback with your feature idea. This is a great idea that our team can look into for a future feature. If you are experiencing a recurring error with your device after several factory resets, please contact Customer Support by chat on www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT. They will be able to look further into this issue with you to help find a resolution. Thank you!

-Reagan

• scooter
    scooter Member Posts: 2

I'm a long-time Gabb customer. My son had the Gabb Watch 2 before we upgraded to the 3 at Christmas. Both of his Gabb watches have had this issue. It seems like every software update, firmware update, or anytime anyone at Gabb sneezes, the contact list on my son's watch gets erased and I have to go through the incredibly slow and time-consuming process of adding every single name, phone number, and photograph of every contact I want him to have access too. I've been on multiple chats over the years and no one has an answer. Gabb NEEDS to develop a feature where the settings of a device is linked to the Gabb ID so I don't have to go through this all the time. It's my only complaint about Gabb.

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 473 Admin

Hi @DianaB and @scooter

This is great feedback, thank you! Gabb Cloud currently backs ups contacts, pictures, videos and settings for Gabb Phones. Our product team is working on getting more backup features applied to our Gabb Watch 3.

They have some great news - as of today and tomorrow (7/18/2024) the Gabb Watch 3 now backs up Gabb Go Coins, Pets, and Actions through Gabb Cloud.

How to get the latest update

Step 1: Do a system (firmware) update on your Watch

• Connect to WiFi
    • Place your Watch on its charger. Your Watch must be charged to at least 30% before updating. Open the Check for Updates app and tap the Update button. The watch will automatically restart when finished.

Step 2: Update your Watch software

• Connect To WiFi
    • Open the ID app on your Watch and select Update Apps. Your Watch will restart.

Backup details

As long as your child is logged into their GabbID (the ID app on the Watch) their Gabb Go items will update every few nights automatically.

This is the first step in backups of the Watch and our product team is looking to make Watch backups more robust in the future as well.

P.S. Something that might help if you ever have to upload contacts again is the Import From Contacts feature as described here.

-Reagan

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center