Lock Mode for Gabb Phone

RJ619
RJ619 Member Posts: 2

We have a Gabb watch for our daughter and the lock mode schedule has been very helpful. We just got a Gabb Phone 3 Pro for our son and it looks like scheduling lock mode is not an option. This is a bit disappointing as I assumed is was a primary feature of Gabb products to be able to control when kids use them. Our son has already been sending messages and making calls in the middle of the night and I'd like to make it so he can only use messaging and calling during set hours. Please add this feature for the phones! Thanks!

10 votes

Open · Last Updated

Comments

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 449 Admin

Thank you for this feedback, @RJ619!

Love to hear that your Gabb Watch 3 and Gabb Phone 3 Pro are a good fit for you and your family. This feedback is great as our team is always looking to improve our products for our customers.

Thank you!

-Reagan

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 449 Admin

Hi @Sunshine!

The team does not have an update on this potential feature at this time. Thank you for your interest and desire to help us continue creating safe tech for kids. Our team takes customer feedback very seriously and do our best to bring it to life to the best of our ability. If this feature is added to our Gabb Phones, I'll ensure an update is posted in this thread.

-Reagan

• momof3
    momof3 Member Posts: 2

Any updates on adding a lock mode to the gabb phone? This has been disappointing as that feature on the watch was fantastic. Please consider adding asap before school starts.

• tricia
    tricia Member Posts: 1
    edited August 14

App and screen time limit. Is there a way to lock apps or set screen limits during certain hours? I would like my child to be able to take the phone to school but not be able to text and what not during school hours.

• WorkinMama
    WorkinMama Member Posts: 2

I share this strong desire for the programmable lock feature. I am actually pretty frustrated to learn that the phone has fewer options than the cheaper watch. I saw it had "lock" feature and purchased and now am learning I cannot schedule times for locking our son's phone. I strongly encourage your team to enable this critical feature on the phones asap—it is among the most important reasons we chose Gabb! Thank you!

• marcroftfam
    marcroftfam Member Posts: 2

We got phones this week and I'm also furious that this is NOT an option. We picked Gabb phones since I would assume parental control would allow me that and android and apple have that built in but to make the android parent controls work you have to log into their google account so it's a no-go. I feel kind of duped. How is parental screen time control not a thing this many years down the road? I am glad it limits apps but how is there no downtime or time limit control? I am even more frustrated knowing that they have that option on the watch and NOT on the phones. :(

• CAH
    CAH Member Posts: 3

I came to see if this feature was around and I'm really upset that it's not. Coming from the gabb watch and using other devices, it seems Gabb is one of the only ones that can't do this and it's making me want to switch honestly. I truly hope this gets added soon.

• Kpglenn
    Kpglenn Member Posts: 2

I would like to also make an urgent request for scheduled downtown and app limits on these phones. I just purchased two for my kids and signed a two year contract. I am glad they limit apps, social media, and internet browsing, but there still needs to be a time where they shut down. Please address ASAP, especially for the premium price we pay to have limited use kid friendly phone.

• Tina
    Tina Member Posts: 3

I assumed the Gabb phone had time limits, also. Are you Gabb folks planning to add a lock app to the Gabb phone, and if not, why not? Yes, we are paying a premium price to control phone content and screen time so please explain why parents don't have the option to limit screen time on Gabb phones. Thank you.

• aporter222
    aporter222 Member Posts: 4

I too would love this. I know I have the option to suspend service completely whenever I want to, but I don’t necessarily want to suspend service completely every time. It would be so helpful to be able to lock all features except calling/texting me and other approved contacts.

• Tleal
    Tleal Member Posts: 2

please add this as now I have to take the phone every night and then when he leaves early in the morning, I have to wake up to give it to him

• Ebmomma
    Ebmomma Member Posts: 2

This !

• Baggins
    Baggins Member Posts: 2

Yes - I assumed this was a feature as well and spent a long time trying to figure this out, only to realize it isn't actually a feature on the Gabb Phone 4. PLEASE ADD THIS!

• Rawlm05
    Rawlm05 Member Posts: 2

Please add this feature!!!!!! It’s vitally important. I’m considering switching to another service if I can’t control my sons phone better.

• Higabbfam
    Higabbfam Member Posts: 1

how is there no quiet time feature for the Gabb 3 pro?!?!?! This is ridiculous.

Please add this feature (the watch has it!!) asap.

• Tawnya
    Tawnya Member Posts: 2

Just chiming in with a request to add this feature for the phones. The watch focus feature has been great and has saved the day when Grandma forgets kids are in school and calls them. :) If their watches would have rung, they would have been penalized by school administration. Thanks!

• Aubrey
    Aubrey Member Posts: 1

My younger kids have always had Gabb watches. I was able to set “focus mode” during school hours, so they were not able to play with their watches during school, and also set a “bedtime” where the watch wouldn’t work after a certain time at night. I can’t seem to find a way to do that with my son’s new Gabb 4 phone. Does it have this capability?

• Bben03
    Bben03 Member Posts: 2

I honestly cannot believe that this isn’t a feature. Especially moving from a Gabb Watch to a phone. This is fundamental to parental controls. If there are so many customers wondering the same thing, it must show that the desire is there and that Gabb DID NOT communicate properly that this wasn’t a function on their phone devices. You can lock down apps and times on regular Samsungs and iPhones. Why not this one?

• Eme
    Eme Member Posts: 2

We have had the Gabby watch for about a year. Very happy with its functions for the very simple keeping in touch. My older son is 14 and we finally agreed to get him a Gabb phone.

I just received the Gabby phone 4 today. I am kind of shocked to learn that there are 0 screen time limits on this device. I assumed that the phone would have the same screen time limits as the watch.

This is making me want to send the phone back. Is is really not what we wanted to deal with for our son - to have to physically take away the device each night. It's just not acceptable for a service that aims to give control to the parents. I agree with each one of the above comments and am extremely disappointed. I'm glad I didn't sign a contract and will likely send this phone back if there isn't a solution. Big bummer.

• Mrsosu21
    Mrsosu21 Member Posts: 2

we have been a gabb family for years now with multiple watches and phones for our two boys. I’ve also recruited others to purchase these phones. We are entering a teen phase where my kid is trying to call people VERY late at night and I’ve been searching everywhere to find a way to set up a Quiet Time or lock mode for his phone and just now realized- I’m not crazy- IT DOESNT EXIST?! An iphone has this feature and that is what we were trying to avoid. With all of this feedback - how has this request not become a priority? We have been contemplating purchasing another gabb phone for our kid and now I’m wondering if it’s the best option.

• Gabb Product
    Gabb Product Administrator Posts: 62 Admin

Hello all!

We see your feedback and comments about this highly desired feature for your Gabb Phones and want to turn the feedback into a reality! We need your help to make this happen. We would love to hear your ideas on what specific features you are looking for in a Lock Mode. For example, are you looking for:

• Lock Mode on specific apps?
    • Lock Mode to all apps at once?
    • Lock Mode to certain feature on the phone at scheduled times of the day?

We know there are many more potential features and would love to hear from you! Please comment below your ideas and requests so we can work to make this idea into reality.

Thank you for being the heart of Gabb!

-Gabb Product Team

• JohnB
    JohnB Member Posts: 2

this feature -as mentioned- is critical to add - none safe devices have the option to downtime a device and missing that is a critical flaw - that said

for my needs a downtime that locks all features of the phone (calls, text, apps, etc) during specified times (more than one down time) so that we can set no phone during core school hours (but allow it on the bus) and then another time at night

with maybe the only exception being a dial out to 911

• Kathy
    Kathy Member Posts: 2

I came on here for the same reason. My 14 year old is sneaking his phone in his room at night and staying up way too late with it.
    We want a curfew/lockdown mode (whatever you want to call it).
    The necessary feature would be: the phone locks at a time set by the parents at night and he can’t access it until the morning, again, at a time specified by his parents. In other words, parents should be able to set lockdown times such as 9pm to 8am (for example). During this time, the child would not be able to use his/her phone. This is an absolute must and it really is terrible that customers had to beg for it. It should have already been in place. Please make this a reality quickly. My older son just moved into a Motorola phone and, honestly, it has better parental controls right now than gabb does. If this doesn’t change soon I will switch my other son too. Just being honest.

• Jrae86
    Jrae86 Member Posts: 2

app limits on apps- amount of time used per day for each individual app & total use of phone for entire day

time of day/focus mode- be able to disable use of app for school hours and bedtime - with the ability to have emergency use .. ie.. specific phone numbers approved by parents for emergency calls

please make this doable for current phones - want to purchase a gabb pro 4 and but will not until you make these updates.

• Mrenae
    Mrenae Member Posts: 2

Gabb, please add a feature to limit hours on the phone! I would like to phone locked off for night hours. Thank you!

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center