Connecting Gabb 3 to WIFI.

AdamParsons55
AdamParsons55 Member Posts: 2

I bought my youngest daughter her first Gabb 3 watch. So I have experience already with pairing the devices.

While activating this watch, I get all the way to the ‘connect watch to WiFi’ and get stopped.
The watch doesn’t see my home network no matter how many times I push refresh on the watch.

When I go to the help section it says there should be a ‘skip this step” button, but I have yet to see that option.

I can’t move to the next step of pairing because of WiFi issues.

Please advise.

Tagged:

Comments

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 473 Admin
    edited August 6

Hi @AdamParsons55,

Sorry to hear you are having some trouble getting your new Gabb Watch 3 paired to your MyGabb app. It looks like our Customer Support was able to reach out to look further into this with you.

We're happy to hear you were able to troubleshoot this and get your device paired by connecting to a different WiFi source. The Gabb Watch 3 only works on 2.4gHz networks. Some routers only display a 5GHz network. Some people need to configure their network to support the 2.4GHz frequency and might have to reach out to their Internet service provider for assistance OR connect to a different WiFi source.

We love hearing that your new Gabb Watch is a great fit for you and your family.

-Reagan

• JoJoWillis
    JoJoWillis Member Posts: 2

I am having the same problem. We opened my daughter's watch las weekend for her birthday and we haven't been able to connect to the wifi. It says network connection failed.

I tried manual setup. My phone recognized the device, but said that it didn't recognize the ID.

Now it is just spinning and won't let me put the wifi password in.

• Gabb Product
    Gabb Product Administrator Posts: 87 Admin

@JoJoWillis,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing trouble with your Gabb Watch. Here are some troubleshooting steps we recommend starting with to get this resolved:

• Troubleshooting the WiFi error:
      • Hold the power button down for 4 seconds > Select the power off icon on the watch screen > Wait 15 seconds > Hold the power button for another 4 seconds to turn the watch back on
      • Test a different Wi-Fi source. Not all WiFi sources support the Gabb Watch 3 as mentioned in @ReaganKowal post above
    • Troubleshooting the Network Connection Failed error:
      • Hold the power button down for 4 seconds > Select the power off icon on the watch screen > Wait 15 seconds > Hold the power button for another 4 seconds to turn the watch back on
      • If the above step does not resolve this, our Customer Support can preform a Network Reset
      • Contact Customer Support by Live Chat on www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT
    • Troubleshooting the Gabb ID error:
      • This error has been resolved through the most recent update
      • You can find more information on this here

-Gabb Product

• RnBMom
    RnBMom Member Posts: 1

Both of my kids have a Gabb Watch 3 and we have had ongoing problems with both. Neither will automatically connect to our Wi-Fi. It easily connects when I switch on the Wi-Fi manually but I don't know why it is turning off in the first place or not automatically reconnecting. We also have issues with the texting screen not allowing typing. Another issue is focus mode turning on at random times on its own. Anyone else have any of these issues and know how to fix them? We keep being told to update things but that doesn't seem to help.

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 473 Admin

Hi @RnBMom,

So sorry to hear that you are experiencing these troubles with your Gabb Watch 3. Please note the troubleshooting steps above for the error with the Gabb Watch with the Wi-Fi. It's great to see that you were able to reached out to our Customer Support to follow these troubleshooting steps:

• Power cycle reset to the Gabb Watch 3:
    • Unpair from the Gabb Watch 3
      • MyGabb app > Devices > Profile > Remove Device > Pair back to the Watch
    • Update Software on the Gabb Watch 3:
      • Connect Gabb Watch to WiFi by going to the settings app
      • Open the ID app on the watch
      • Tap Update App until the screen says "Apps are up to date!" You may need to tap the button multiple times. This may take several minutes to finish.
      • Turn the watch off by holding down the power button for 4 seconds, select the power off icon on the watch screen, wait 15 seconds, then hold the power button for another 4 seconds to turn the watch back on.
    • Update the Firmware on the Gabb Watch 3:
      • Place watch on charger. Watch must be charged to at least 30% before updating
      • Open the Check for Updates app (shown below)
      • Tap the update button. The watch will automatically restart when the update is done. 
    • Reset with Customer Support:
      • Our Customer Support can preform many resets to help resolve this
      • Contact Customer Support by Live Chat on www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT

Thank you for working with our team to help get your device working properly for you again!

-Reagan

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center