Location can be accessed

DonkeyFace
DonkeyFace Member Posts: 5

My daughter is very annoyed by notifications that show up every day. Is there any way to turn these off?

The notifications say "Location can be accessed. Your IT admin is allowing Gabb Messenger to access your location"

Tagged:

Answers

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 473 Admin

Hello @DonkeyFace,

The "Location can be accessed. Your IT admin is allowing Gabb Messenger to access your location" notification is consistent across all Gabb Phone 3 Pros. This is a feature to let the user know what applications are tracking the device's location.

At this time, there isn't a way to disable this notification without turning off all notifications/sounds for the application. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Hope this helped answer your question.

-Reagan

• TomH
    TomH Member Posts: 2

Hi, Gabb—

I turned on the location "only while using the app" to finish setting the Gabb 4 phone up. Now there's a notification that won't clear which reads, "Location can be accessed." I've learned that as long as the location is on, this notification can't be removed.

Well, it's a long story, but we don't actually need the location to be turned on. We would rather have the location off, and have that notification gone, than to have it constantly on. However, I can't find any instructions for turning it back off again.

We previously had a Gabb 3 and don't recall having this issue. Can you help?

Thanks,

Tom

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 473 Admin

Hi @TomH,

Thank you for your question. At this time, there isn't a way to disable this notification without turning off all notifications/sounds for the application. This feedback has been given to our team to look into for a potential future update.

Thank you!

-Reagan

• A_S
    A_S Member Posts: 2

I would LOVE for there to be an update for this (on the 3 Pro). My kid has gotten in trouble twice at school because of this notification when he forgot to mute the phone. Multiple times every day is way too much; having it show up once when the phone is turned on is plenty, I think.

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center