Is there a way to restore contacts and settings on Gabb watch 3?

Mat
Mat Member Posts: 2

I had to do a factory reset to fix the watch. I thought Gabb ID was backing up settings like contacts, text presets, quiet times, safe zones, etc. But it doesn't look like it, and I can't find any info on restoring these settings. I really don't want to spend a bunch of time getting that all set up again. As we know it is not a quick process. And I'm sure I'll have to factory reset it again eventually when it stops working again. Hopefully I can restore these settings.

Tagged:

Comments

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 473 Admin

Hello @Mat,

Thank you for this post and for this feedback. A backup feature through the Gabb ID is not currently available on the Gabb Watch 3 at this time. Our team is continually looking into new features to best fit our customers daily lives.

This feature has been suggested on our Feature Idea page. Our team uses this a a resource to potential future updates. Give that post a vote so our team can know the interest customers have in this feature. Thank you!

-Reagan

• ReaganKowal
    edited September 13

Hello again, @Mat

Our team has some great news regarding your feedback in this post. As of today and tomorrow (7/18/2024) the Gabb Watch 3 now backs up Gabb Go Coins, Pets, and Actions through Gabb Cloud.

How to get the latest update

Step 1: System Update on Gabb Watch 3

• Connect to WiFi
    • Place your Watch on its charger. Your Watch must be charged to at least 30% before updating. Open the Check for Updates app and tap the Update button. The watch will automatically restart when finished.

Step 2: App Update on Gabb Watch 3

• Connect To WiFi
    • Open the ID app on your Watch and select Update Apps. Your Watch will restart.

Backup details

As long as your child is logged into their GabbID (the ID app on the Watch) their Gabb Go items will update every few nights automatically.

This is the first step in backups of the Watch and our product team is looking to make Watch backups more robust in the future as well.

P.S. Something that might help if you ever have to upload contacts again is the Import From Contacts feature as described here.

-Reagan

• soccersam27
    soccersam27 Member Posts: 4

Would this include the moby faces, too?

• ReaganKowal

@soccersam27 The Moby Fox Watch faces are not backed out through the Gabb ID at this time. This is great feedback. We'll send it over to our team to look into for future update!

-Reagan

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center