Upgrade question

Taunya
Taunya Member Posts: 4

If my child has a Gabb Watch 2, what is the process/timing to upgrade to a Gabb Watch 3? We have had the 2 for 18 months, roughly.

Best Answer

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 474 Admin
    edited August 13 Answer ✓

Hi @Taunya,

Great question! Thank you for being part of our Gabb Family

You can upgrade your device anytime by following these steps. From a computer:

1. Log into your MyAccount
    2. Select "Upgrade Device" on the left hand side of the page
    3. Select the line you would like to upgrade
    4. Follow the remaining upgrading steps

Here is an explanation of the different Upgrade options:

• Completed a contract or been with us for 12+ consecutive months on No Contract? Get a free device for signing up for a 2 year contract, 50% off for signing a 1 year contract and 25% off for a month to month plan when upgrading!
    • Currently in contract or month to month less than 12 consecutive months and wanting to upgrade? You can! Renew your contract and receive 25% off your device.

-Reagan

Answers

• Taunya
    Taunya Member Posts: 4

Thank you!

• Shanmom
    Shanmom Member Posts: 1

My account is saying (no contract) next to my billing amount. Does this mean I can cancel at any time with no fee? I had asked about upgrading my current phone with the deal right now for a free phone, but was told I would have a fee. We plan to transition my son to a new non Gabb phone, but get my daughter a Gabb phone. Is it best to just cancel his and buy her one through the deal?

• ReaganKowal

Hi @Shanmom,

Your post was merged into this one as it give great insight on your question on upgrading your line.

Great questions. When a line is on the No Contract, it can be canceled without an Early Termination Fee. If you are receiving a notification that a fee will be applied, your line is possibly in a contract. You can check the status of your lines contract through the emailed invoice your account receives each month. Under Billing Summary, you will see a statement saying X Months Remaining on Contract.

There are several options available when looking to upgrade your device. As mentioned above, here are the upgrading options if your device is and is not on a contract:

• Completed a contract or been with us for 12+ consecutive months on No Contract? Get a free device for signing up for a 2 year contract, 50% off for signing a 1 year contract and 25% off for a month to month plan when upgrading!
    • Currently in contract or month to month less than 12 consecutive months and wanting to upgrade? You can! Renew your contract and receive 25% off your device.

With this information, you can move forward with the best option for you and your family!

-Reagan

• Ness
    Ness Member Posts: 1
    edited September 30
    When can my daughter get a free upgrade?

• ReaganKowal

Hello @Ness,

Your post was merged into this one as others have had similar questions! You can find information on how to upgrade your device and what qualifies a line for a free upgrade in the posts above.

Thank you!

-Reagan

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center