Anybody else wanting full control over who their child can call and text?

Options
ItsMaggie
ItsMaggie Member Posts: 4
edited June 5 in Gabb phones

We've really loved our Gabb phone (we've had the Z2 for a few years). No internet, snapchat, instagram etc. One thing we've always felt is missing is the ability to manage our child's phone contacts. Feel like this is a missed opportunity. Many parents (like myself) would appreciate being able to control who my child can call and text. Anyone else agree?

Comments

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Moderator Posts: 107 Admin
    edited May 24
    Options

Hi Maggie! Glad to hear you guys have loved your Gabb Phone.

Great news, our newer phone models like our Gabb Phone 3 Pro (and any new models we release this year) support full parent-managed contact management. Using the Gabb Messenger Parent app, you can approve who your child can call or text. Previous phone models (like our Gabb Phone or Gabb Phone Plus) support Gabb Messenger Parent as well, but the contact management only applies to text messaging. If you want to upgrade your device, login to www.gabb.com/account and select Upgrade Device.

Gabb Messenger Parent will also notify you if any messages and content being sent or received are flagged as high risk,  including images with explicit content, harmful words from unknown contacts, and links from unknown contacts.

-Reagan

• ElizabethJune_98
    ElizabethJune_98 Member Posts: 7
    Options

I totally have been wanting something like this. Going to download that app now!🤩

• CAB
    CAB Member Posts: 2
    Options

So, this is not available for parents with android phones. I was very dissappointed when I found this out, since I was told I would be able to when I was asking questions before I bought the phone.

There is also no way to prevent the child from chaning the password.

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Moderator Posts: 107 Admin
    edited June 5
    Options

Hi @CAB

The Gabb Messenger Parent app is now available for Android in the Play Store! On Android, the app currently supports reviewing flagged messages, Safe Video Calling, and managing your child's text message deletion settings. Contact Management coming soon to Android! See more info on Gabb Messenger here

As for the child being able to change the password, I'm assuming you're referring to being able to change the phone's screen unlock password or PIN. If this is a feature that you'd like, we'd love for you to share it here in the forum as a feature idea!

-Reagan

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center