Gabb contact approval doesn’t work

Options
WingZero
WingZero Member Posts: 2
edited June 6 in Gabb phones

Super frustrating. Just got two new Gabb Pro 3 phones. My kids have entered the contacts on their phones they would like to talk with. When I go to the parent Gabb Messenger app, manage contacts and add a contact from kids list there is NOTHING. I have updated all phones, synced, logged in and out, waited 24 hours and nothing. Support was unable to understand and answer my question. Please help

Comments

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Moderator Posts: 92 Admin
    edited June 7
    Options

Hi @WingZero,

Definitely hear your frustration here. The Gabb Messenger Parent app on iOS is a great resource to help manage the contacts on the Gabb Phone 3 Pro (this feature is coming to Android soon).

Parents are able to add contacts to the phone by opening the Gabb Messenger Parent App > More > Contact Management > Parent-Managed > Add a new contact. You can find a video of these steps here.

If the contacts are not syncing to the phone, here are some troubleshooting steps:
    1. Settings > Troubleshooting > Sync Settings in Messenger on your kid's phone.
    2. Log out of the Parent Messenger app and back in
    3. Wait 24 hours after adding contact

I reached out to our Tech team about the trouble you are experiencing. They're going to be looking into this and get it fixed! We for sure to make sure this doesn't persist. Hope this helps!

-Reagan

• JB13
    JB13 Member Posts: 2
    Options

I am running into the same issue. The entire MORE is missing from the app, which is the only recommendation I am getting. I was able to get around it by hand entering the contacts but its super frustrating that I can not use the sync function.

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Moderator Posts: 92 Admin
    Options

@JB13,

Thank you for sharing the troubleshooting steps you followed on your end. Sorry for any trouble this has caused. As stated above, our Tech team is investigating this and working to get a fix out as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

-Reagan

• Kotionok13
    Kotionok13 Member Posts: 1
    Options

I just ran into the same issue! I can not see the contacts from my child’s contact list on parent app. Also, the call log only shows phone numbers, not contact name.. which is insane since I don’t have all the numbers memorized to know who she talked to!

• Ababbino
    Ababbino Member Posts: 2
    Options

Any update on this? I am having the same issue.

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center