Bluetooth Pairing with Gabb Watch 3

Gabb Product
Gabb Product Administrator Posts: 52 Admin

Hello everyone,

We are working on supporting a new method to pair the Gabb Watch 3 with the MyGabb App. In the meantime, Gabb Watch 3 devices must be paired with the MyGabb App using Bluetooth. Attempting other pairing methods may result in failure. Please follow these steps to pair:

1. Activate Your Watch:
    1. If you purchased your device from Amazon, Walmart, or as a replacement/upgrade, visit gabb.com/activate to activate your Watch. Once activated, turn on (or restart) your Gabb Watch 3.
  2. Get Ready to Pair:
    1. Ensure your Watch is powered on.
    2. Enable Bluetooth on your parent smartphone.
    3. Log in to the MyGabb App using the main account holder’s email and password.
  3. Pair via Bluetooth:
    1. In the MyGabb App, tap “Add Device” and select “Gabb Watch 3.”
    2. Follow the prompts to pair via Bluetooth. Avoid using the manual pairing option for now.
    3. If your watch isn’t found via Bluetooth, restart the watch, force close the MyGabb App, and try again.

We're working hard to improve the pairing experience. Thank you!

-Gabb Product Team

Comments

• Sgab
    Sgab Member Posts: 2

I have been trying to pair my sons upgrade Gabb 3 watch with my app for the past 3 days and am extremely frustrated! It will say it found the watch, and then when I try to go through the next steps I get a "hmm something went wrong" message to restart the watch. I am SO frustrated! I have tried to contact tech support on the chat but have not been able to get through to anyone at all…. it's like I'm chatting into a black hole. My son started at a new school this week and will be walking to and from school by himself. I need this watch to work. We had to completely rearrange our plans today because we weren't comfortable with him walking the 1.5 miles on a new route without any form of communication. His old Gabb 2 watch will charge but not turn on. In the meantime I have been paying the bill.

• Gabb Product

Hello @Sgab,

We're sorry to hear about the trouble you had with getting your new Gabb Watch 3 activated. It's great to see that you were able to get in contact with our Customer Support team to troubleshoot and get the device successfully paired after completing a SIM swap to activate the device.

Thank you for working with us to get your device paired!

-Gabb Product Team

• Gab_Torres
    Gab_Torres Member Posts: 2

I bought a watch from the Gabb website. I was not able to pair the from the parent app. It could not connect with the wifi. I turned it off and reset it several times. What do I do? I can not pair the watch yet.

• Keith
    Keith Member Posts: 7

@Gab_Torres

Be sure to check your wifi. I was informed that some 5G wifi doesn't work very good with the gabb watch 3. I tried a different wifi and that worked for me.

• Cthelen
    Cthelen Member Posts: 2

My daughter has had her Gabb Watch 3 since March. A week ago, it stopped receiving incoming texts and calls. I've resorted to trying to reset it to factory settings because nothing else I did was working to fix the problem. Well, now I can't get it to pair/connect via Bluetooth. I've restarted both my phone and her watch. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone. I've updated her watch. Nothing is working. Please help!

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 418 Admin

Hi @Cthelen,

Thank you for troubleshooting this error you were experiencing. So sorry to hear you're having trouble getting paired back to your device. It looks like our team has reached out to help further troubleshoot this with you. Please get back to them at your earliest convenience.

Thank you!

• AmyP
    AmyP Member Posts: 2

Im on my second watch. The first one took 3 hours to pair, I'm thinking the second will also. I love this product, but why is it so dang hard to set up?

• Gabb Product

Hello @AmyP,

The pairing process for the Gabb Watch 3 should not take longer than a few quick minutes. We're sorry to hear that you had a much longer experience with your first Watch. If you are experiencing an error with the pairing process, it could be due to the activation status of the new device.

Thank you for taking the time to reach out and troubleshoot with our Customer Support team to help get your new Gabb Watch 3 up and running through activating the device and syncing your account.

We're happy this helped!

-Gabb Product Team

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center