iCloud address

Maura9
Maura9 Member Posts: 5
edited June 7 in Gabb phones

hi, several of my sons friends have iPods and use iCloud email addrsss to text and call. Is it possible for my son to text/call someone with an iCloud address and how do I do that?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 473 Admin
    Answer ✓

Hey @Maura9,

Great question here! Currently, Gabb Messenger (the messaging app on all Gabb Phones) is being worked on to support texting email addresses as best as possible. We don't have an exact ETA from our product teams, but they're working on it and we'll for sure update the thread when that is in place.

-Reagan

Answers

• Maura9
    Maura9 Member Posts: 5

ok, that’d be great! Thank you!

• KSChadwick12
    KSChadwick12 Member Posts: 1

99% of my child's contacts use an email address to message/text and do not have a phone number. Gabb doesnt support an email address for messaging, so we have to cancel the watch.

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 473 Admin

@KSChadwick12,

Thank you for sharing this feedback. You are correct that texting through email is not a current feature on our Gabb Watch 3 as well as our Gabb Phone 3 Pro. This is a great feature idea the team would like to look into for future updates. We'd love to have you add this to our  Feature Idea post. Thanks!

-Reagan

• slartibartfast
    slartibartfast Member Posts: 2

+1 to this feature request. This is a huge bummer; lots of kids don't have a phone number but virtually all of them have either a Google or Apple account (and therefore a gmail or icloud email).

• SchlegsManiags
    SchlegsManiags Member Posts: 2

I’d really like to see this feature happen. If I had known my child couldn’t text friends who use iCloud accounts, I probably would have gone with a different solution than the Gabb phone. I paid for the upgraded plan to allow group texting, but she is unable to be included in any group texts that include iCloud addresses.

• 2_Tall
    2_Tall Member Posts: 4

Completely agree with @SchlegsManiags on this one. I would not have chosen the Gabb phone as well. Any update on an ETA to have this feature implemented?

• Gabb Product
    Gabb Product Administrator Posts: 87 Admin

Hello all!

Thank you for your comments on this post! We hear you and love this feedback. We can assure you that our team has this feature in mind and are actively working to make it available for the future. We do not have an exact date at this time, but we will for sure update this thread when it is in place.

Thank you!

-Gabb Product Team

• KaraMay
    KaraMay Member Posts: 2

Any update on when this will be available? I just got 2 Gabb phones for my daughters. And they can’t message some of their friends because they have Google accounts.

• Gabb Product
    Gabb Product Administrator Posts: 87 Admin

Hello @KaraMay,

Thank you for this question! We do not currently have a release date of when this feature will be released. We will make an update in this post with any new information.

Thank you!

-Gabb Product Team

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center