Internal Storage Full/Can't delete videos

Ames73
Ames73 Member Posts: 4

Has anyone run into the issue on the Gabb Phone 3 Pro of the child getting a notification that the internal storage is nearly full, and the phone's function will be affected when the storage runs out? We are constantly getting this message. Kiddo deletes a bunch of giant videos she has in the gallery, then the phone syncs to the cloud and the videos reappear, it seems. When I contacted Gabb chat about this issue for advice, they told me to just create her a new Gabb ID and sign in with it, and that would allow the videos to be deleted from the device? Because, they said, it is impossible to delete anything from the Gabb Cloud? This makes no sense to me, as the Gabb account only gets I think 50 GB on the cloud- what happens when that is filled, if nothing can ever be deleted? If we do a new Gabb ID, my assumption is that she would lose everything she has in the way of contacts, messages, and photos and videos she DOES want to keep on her phone, so I feel that is a last-resort solution, and not a very good one. Hoping someone else has run into this issue and can advise, since Gabb support is not being helpful.

Tagged:

Comments

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 473 Admin
    edited August 8

Hi @Ames73,

Thank you for posting this discussion here! Sorry for any confusion and miscommunication with this situation. I would be happy to help clarify this situation.

Gabb Cloud is a great resource that allows for photos and videos to be saved and recovered when upgrading to a new phone for example. The troubleshooting steps you received from the Customer Support agent were the old steps used to delete photos/videos before the Photos app was released.

Our Gabb Phone 3 Pro and Gabb Gabb Phone 4 Pro have a Photos and Gallery app automatically downloaded upon delivery. When deleting photos/videos from the Gallery app, the Gabb Cloud will automatically recover them to the phone once synced. If you would like to permanently delete a photo/video, you can do so through the Photos app. A customer will not need to create new Gabb ID profiles for the photos to be deleted from the phone.

Hope this helps!

-Reagan

• Ames73
    Ames73 Member Posts: 4

We have been trying to delete videos through "Files", not through the Gallery. The videos do not appear in the Photos app, so we cannot delete from there. Any further advice?

• ReaganKowal

@Ames73,

Because the videos aren't showing up in the Photos app, this indicates that the videos aren't currently backed up to Gabb Cloud. As of right now, the Photos application is the only way users have to manage (delete) photos/videos.

You can force a manual backup to Gabb Cloud by following these steps:

• Opening the Gabb ID application > Select the three dots in the top right corner > Select  "Back up now."

This should help resolve the issue you are experiencing.

-Reagan

• ArthurNelson
    ArthurNelson Member Posts: 4

@Ames73,

So, the 1st answer said that was "the old" way before the photos app was available. So, for those of us that don't have the newest phones (I have a gabb phone plus) can you please address the rest of the concerns in the original question:

Do we really have to lose all our contacts and such by creating a new ID because y'all never thought, "Huh, maybe people won't need to keep all those old pictures for the rest of their lives…"?

• ArthurNelson
    ArthurNelson Member Posts: 4

Sorry, my last comment ended up addressed to @Ames73 b/c reading comprehension is hard… My mistake. I meant to tag

ReaganKowal (gabb.com)

• ReaganKowal
    edited August 8

Hello @ArthurNelson,

As mentioned in my post above, our Gabb Phone 3 Pro, and Gabb Phone 4 Pro have the Photos and Gallery app available to them. The troubleshooting step of creating a new Gabb ID was an old step used to delete photos/videos before the Photos app was released.

Creating a new Gabb ID is not recommended for any of our devices.

Hope this helps!

-Reagan

• Leslie_Schimel
    Leslie_Schimel Member Posts: 2

My children just upgraded their device to the new Gabb phone 4 Pro and all of their photos from the Gabb phone z have transferred over. I’m am encountering issues with one of my children’s phones because ALL the pictures are transferring over and it’s lagging. We are on day 3 of waiting for the phone to transfer for all the info over because of the cloud restoring all old deleted photos. This has been an issue for us for a very long time. How do I delete photos permanently? My kids are not backing up their phones for this reason. So what’s the point of the cloud and paying for it if my kids won’t back their phones up because they have to go through the process of deleting them again. Can I get rid of the cloud to solve this issue?

• EmmettFam09
    EmmettFam09 Member Posts: 2

we are also having this problem on our Gabb phone 3 pro. There is no way to permanently delete photos—even when using the photos app the photos and videos still come back. My daughter and I are beyond frustrated. Is there a way to remove the cloud feature? She doesn’t want her phone backed up at this point anyway because it makes all of her deleted pictures come back.

• Gabb Product
    Gabb Product Administrator Posts: 87 Admin

Hello @Leslie_Schimel and @EmmettFam09,

So sorry to hear you are continuing to experience this on your devices. We can understand your concern and frustration and apologize for any trouble this has caused you and your family. We have made our team aware of this situation and are actively investigating this. They will be reaching out to you to get more information. Please respond back to them at your earliest convenience.

Thank you!

-Gabb Product Team

• RemsenB
    RemsenB Member Posts: 7

I've found that the Photo app doesn't delete from cloud.

• dwhite
    dwhite Member Posts: 1

We are experiencing a similar problem with a Gabb Phone 3 Pro. The phone is out of storage space due to videos and pictures. My child keeps deleting the videos only to have them restored by Gabb Cloud. I have also been working to help them troubleshoot and unable to delete any video files permanently.

Test 1: Deleted videos via Files application - all files were restored

Test 2: Deleted videos using the Galler app

• This did not actually delete the files, this only moved them to "Trash"
    • All of the videos were restored by the Gabb Cloud even though the videos were moved to trash

Test 3: Open Gabb ID and perform Back Up Now, then delete

• After the backup completed the last backup time listed in the Gabb ID app continues to show a date from 2023 even though a backup was just completed on Aug 18, 2024.
    • Delete photos and videos using the Photos application
      • Some deletions asked to confirm "Move To Trash"
      • Other deletions asked to confirm "Delete from device and Gabb Cloud, this cannot be undone"
      • Clicked yes for either question

My questions:
    1. Why doesn't the "last backup" timestamp in the Gabb ID application update when a successful backup is completed?

2. Why are files getting restored to the phone even after tapping yes to "Delete from device and Gabb Cloud" when using the Photos application?

• llamb
    llamb Member Posts: 2

@ReaganKowal @Gabb Product Has there been any resolution to this issue? My daughter's phone is virtually useless at this point. She is unable to receive any text messages because her storage is full. We delete the pictures and they come right back. If she has to create a new user ID, will she lose all of her text messages and contacts? This seems crazy.

• Gabb Product
    Gabb Product Administrator Posts: 87 Admin

Hello all,

Thank you all for your feedback on your experience with this bug. We sincerely apologize for any trouble this has caused you and your family. We can assure you that we are actively looking into these reports and investigating a fix.

We will post an update to this post as soon as a fix has been released. Thank you for your patience and for being part of our Gabb family!

-Gabb Product Team

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center