Gabb watch 3

Options
Nikki
Nikki Member Posts: 4

Has anyone had the issue of the screen going black? The SoS call still works and shows up on the screen..... I have have tried shutting off and turning back on.... After it starts up it goes black.

Answers

• HollyBowman22
    HollyBowman22 Member Posts: 9
    Options

@Nikki we had this on our Gabb Watch 3 but haven't had an issue since we did the newest update to the watch.

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Moderator Posts: 107 Admin
    Options

Hi @Nikki

@HollyBowman22 is right! The most recent update on the Gabb Watch 3 helps to resolve this issue. Here are the steps to update your Gabb Watch 3 firmware:

1. Connect to WiFi
    2. Place watch on charger. Watch must be charged to at least 30% before updating
    3. Open the Check for Updates app (shown below)
    4. Tap the update button. The watch will automatically restart when the update is done.

If your device is frozen on the black screen, please follow these troubleshooting steps first:

1. On the MyGabb App: Unpair the watch
      1. Select the “Devices” tab
      2. Select “Profile” on the watch you need to unpair
      3. Scroll to the bottom of the profile and select “Remove Device”
      4. Select “Remove and Reset”
    2. On the Watch: Factory Reset the watch
      1. Place the watch on the charger
      2. Press the back button (top right button) 10 times fast
      3. An image will appear on the watch
      4. Select the checkmark on the watch
      5. The watch will power off, factory reset, then power back on when it’s finished
    3. Pair back to the watch.

Hope this helps!

• Nikki
    Nikki Member Posts: 4
    Options

How do you do the update? On my app on my phone it says update available but it doesn't allow me to click on it. I can't do it off the watch because the screen is black

• ReaganKowal
    Options

@Nikki,

Hope you were able to follow the troubleshooting steps from above to resolve this!

-Reagan

• NDSKLS
    NDSKLS Member Posts: 2
    Options

I have the same problem. I am unable to reset the watch using the troubleshooting steps.

• ReaganKowal
    Options

Hi @NDSKLS,

Sorry to hear that your device did not respond to the troubleshooting steps from above. We recommend reaching out to our Customer Support to look further into this with you.  You can contact Customer Support by chat on www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT.

-Reagan

• NDSKLS
    NDSKLS Member Posts: 2
    Options

My daughter’s screen goes black randomly when using the watch. This makes it unusable. We are unable to do a factory reset or an update. Has anyone else had this issue? The watch is about 6 months old. We’ve had so many problems with the Gabb watch 3 that we didn’t have with the 2. The ability to make phone calls isn’t worth it with all the problems.

• ReaganKowal
    edited June 25
    Options

Hi @NDSKLS,

So sorry to hear you are experiencing this trouble with your Gabb Watch screen going back. If the device is stuck on that black screen. The best troubleshooting step for this is to follow the troubleshooting steps above in this thread. I'll add them again below as well.

The most recent update on the Gabb Watch 3 helps resolve what was causing this "black screen" issue. Here are the steps to update your Gabb Watch 3 firmware if your device is not on the black screen:

1. Connect to WiFi
    2. Place watch on charger. Watch must be charged to at least 30% before updating
    3. Open the Check for Updates app (shown below)
    4. Tap the update button. The watch will automatically restart when the update is done.

If your device is frozen on the black screen, please follow these troubleshooting steps first:

1. On the MyGabb App: Unpair the watch
      1. Select the Devices tab
      2. Select "Profile” on the watch you need to unpair
      3. Scroll to the bottom of the profile and select Remove Device
      4. Select Remove and Reset
    2. On the Watch: Factory Reset the watch
      1. Place the watch on the charger
      2. Press the back button (top right button) 10 times fast
      3. An image will appear on the watch
      4. Select the checkmark on the watch
      5. The watch will power off, factory reset, then power back on when it’s finished
    3. Pair back to the watch as shown here

If you are still experiencing this black screen after following these troubleshooting steps, please contact Customer Support by chat on www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT. They will be able to continue looking into this with you.

-Reagan

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center