Why is this so difficult?

Skittle
Skittle Member Posts: 2
edited June 27 in Gabb watches

I am so frustrated with these watches! One watch is 6 months old, and the other watch we have had for 1 month. I talked to support several weeks ago because the location tracking is so delayed - either kid can be away from home for 20 minutes before I get alerted. Neither watch is tracking steps, one watch battery doesn't last more than 6 hours. I have done the GPS troubleshootong, done the battery troubleshooting. The customer support person did something on their end to sync the steps. He said if this didn't help, to unpair the devices and add them again. That's where I am now. Did the first watch with no problems. Removed the second watch, and cannot re-pair it. It doesn't show up on my app. I can still send messages and call that watch, but it does not show up on my account. My husband cannot communicate with either watch now. I did nothing different with the second watch!!! Has anyone else had this problem?

Tagged:

Answers

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 449 Admin
    edited June 20

Hi @Skittle,

So sorry to hear of the frustrations you have experienced with your Gabb Watch 3. Your frustration is heard as we can understand the importance of each of these features. Thank you for continually reaching back out to Customer Support to troubleshoot your devices. It looks like you were able to resolve the GPS issues through troubleshooting by following these steps:

• On the MyGabb App: Unpair from the watch
      • Select the “Devices” tab
      • Select “Profile” on the watch you need to unpair
      • Scroll to the bottom of the profile and select “Remove Device”
      • Select “Remove and Reset”
    • On the Watch: Factory Reset the watch
      • Place the watch on the charger
      • Press the back button (top right button) 10 times fast
      • An image will appear on the watch
      • Select the checkmark on the watch
      • The watch will power off, factory reset, and then power back on when it’s finished
    • Pair back to the watch.

Our team is currently looking into the trouble with the Step Counter as other customers have seen this as well. You can follow this discussion post here for updates coming soon! Thank you for working with us on this.

-Reagan

• chickahorse
    chickahorse Member Posts: 4

I'm running into the same problem with my daughter's. The phone call function stopped working, so I unpaired/removed and reset from my all. But the watch was still attached to her Gabb ID. I followed the instructions for factory resetting the watch, but nothing happens after I click the check mark.

I have powered off/on and restarted the thing many times, along with deleting and reinstalling the app, but it never goes to the pairing screen on the watch.

• Ew551
    Ew551 Member Posts: 2

I feel less crazy seeing others with similar issues. Factory resetting has become a monthly tradition which is beyond frustrating as not only do we have to manually retype all contacts in, but the time leading up to a factory reset means I haven’t been able to contact or locate my child. GPS has always lagged and most recently it got stuck in a remote area and never worked again. This was a month ago. Now, the watch is stuck on a blank screen and won’t even factory reset. The Gabb Watch 2 didn’t give us trouble, but 3 has been terrible. It’s disheartening to see everyone have the same issues and the watch still being sold. Customer service is hard to reach with limited hours and I just feel done with Gabb all together at this point. This watch was supposed to give me peace of mind, and has been continuously unreliable.

• Lauren1234
    Lauren1234 Member Posts: 1

Yes!!!! Peace of mind but only more anxiety & takes so much time to even TRY to fix. This is my first time using Gabb and I work 50m away from my child’s school so being able to stay connected is so important & even she is having anxiety now bc of issues of it not connecting. I know I’ll never get a refund and even a replacement would just take hours to hopefully even work. So so so frustrating.

• Slocketman
    Slocketman Member Posts: 2

Yep same problems here too & with my other 3 friends who have them.

Works well when they work but GPS tracking is still delayed and not very accurate.

Initial pairing & setup is a nightmare and the watches themselves have failed to boot several times, I have one now that needs a factory reset to maybe get it working or replaced.

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 449 Admin

Hello @Slocketman,

Sorry to hear you were experiencing these troubles with your Gabb Watch 3. It's great to see that you were able to reach out to our amazing Customer Support team to troubleshoot.

Thank you for working with our team to get this resolved!

-Reagan

• DerekSupple
    DerekSupple Member Posts: 2

We are seeing the same issue every few weeks where we get either a black screen or blue screen upon powering up.

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center