More than 1 parent with the Gabb Messenger Parent app?

ons7001
ons7001 Member Posts: 2

Hello:

My wife and I Just Got a Gabb pro 4 phone for our son. She set up the device and paired it with her phone — the my Gabb app and messenger.

For me — she put me as a guardian, and I can locate and call the Gabb phone from the my Gabb app. (I created my own username and PW)

However, when I downloaded the Gabb Messenger Parent app - I logged in with my own username and PW and it states 'no phone associated with parent account'.

I guess, in short, can I be assigned as a parent as well? Or does gabb only allow 1 parent to be paired with the phone?

Thanks

ONS

Comments

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 438 Admin
    edited August 21

Hi @ons7001,

Love to hear that you have received your new Gabb Phone 4 Pro. Hope it is treating you well and is a good fit for you and your family.

Good question concerning the Gabb Messenger Parent app. If both the Primary and Guardian contact wish to access the information in the Gabb Messenger Parent app, they will need to log into the app using the Primary contacts username/password. At this time, this is the only option.

*Note that only the primary contact will be notified to safe zones and can communicate with the watch while on Quiet Time.

Your feedback on this topic is valued. We'd love to have you add this to our Feature Idea page for our team to look into for a potential future update. Thank you!

-Reagan

• towangle
    towangle Member Posts: 4

It is frustrating that there can be only one admin account for a Gabb device. Why?

• ReaganKowal

@towangle Sorry for any frustration this has caused. At this time, this is the functionality of the app. We hope to continually improve the features in our Gabb Messenger Parent app to fit each families needs. Thank you for your understanding!

-Reagan

• Hollyap7
    Hollyap7 Member Posts: 5

It would be nice if my husband and I were both able to manage contacts and GabbGo.

• gabbdad
    gabbdad Member Posts: 2

Agree with the previous comments. Would be great if up to 2 parents could be Primary. Until then, how do you change who the Primary is on the account? Do I need to call Gabb customer service?

• ReaganKowal

Hello @gabbdad,

Thank you for your comment in this post. It has been noted and the feedback passed on. To change or update any account information, please visit this post.

Thank you!

-Reagan

• Lauren_3
    Lauren_3 Member Posts: 3

Please make it possible for two parents/guardians to manage the Gabb account and devices at the same level of access and permissions. I would expect this is a very very common use case, so please make it a high priority on the development side.

• Alyssa
    Alyssa Member Posts: 2

I agree, we are in a blended family and would like the capability to have 4 parents. How are we all able to video chat with our child? It only is allowing the one primary parent to video chat. When the child does choose to video chat a parent it rings on all of our devices? Is that supposed to happen? How do we know who he is attempting to video call if it rings on all 4 devices?

• SOLO
    SOLO Member Posts: 2

I agree with this thread. We just switched over from another company that was discontinued and immediately ran into this same issue. We are a blended family as well and there is no way I am giving her dad (who lives out of state) a password to anything associated to my accounts. I feel like this can be a fix with different links to the phones IMEI # or something. Would be nice for multiple parents to have the same access without all using the same login.

• Davect01
    Davect01 Member Posts: 2

I concur, it is very annoying only having one listed

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center