Transfer contacts and data to non-gabb phone

GlausGabb
GlausGabb Member Posts: 4
edited August 6 in Gabb phones

My daughter is moving from a gab phone to a non-gab phone. I have only been able to find directions of how to transfer contacts between two gab phones.

Is there a way to transfer contacts and media from her current gabb phone to the new one?

Comments

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 438 Admin

Hello @GlausGabb,

Great question! 

When moving contacts from a Gabb Phone to a non-Gabb Phone:

• Purchase a SD card 
      • Save contact to the SD card
      • Activate the new phone and insert the SD card
      • Transfer contacts 

To transfer data such as MP3 and photos from the Gabb Phone to the non-Gabb Phone, you can follow these steps:

• PC Users:
      • Connect your Gabb Phone to your PC with the USB Type-C cable.
      • Unlock your Gabb Phone and choose "File Transfer".
      • Move your files to the computer.
      • Connect your new device to the computer and transfer the files to it.
    • Mac Users:
      • Download a file transfer software like Android File Transfer.
      • Connect your Gabb Phone to your Mac after opening the Android File Transfer software and transfer files to the computer.
      • Connect your new device to the computer and transfer the files to it.
    • For both PC and Mac Users:
      • You can also use a microSD card to transfer files but not contacts. Insert the card into the slot under the camera/flash on your Gabb Phone.

Hope this helps!

-Reagan

• CassieM
    CassieM Member Posts: 1

We upgraded my daughter's phone from an original Gabb phone to a newer model. Apparently not all her pictures were backed up. The customer service rep said to back them up on a computer and then transfer them to the new phone. When I plug the old phone in to my computer (Surface Laptop Go), it recognizes that it is connected but will not let me open it. I also tried to open Google photos and download that way, but it doesn't show the device under the "my pc" tab so I can't select it. Any ideas?

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 438 Admin

Hi @CassieM,

Your post was merged into this post as others have asked a similar question. Check out the steps above to transfer photos and data to a computer.

Hope this helps!

-Reagan

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center