Gabb 3 watch going blank and not powering on.

Lpan19
Lpan19 Member Posts: 2

Gabb 3 watch will not power on at all. Was fully charged and just went blank/black screen. So frustrating and disappointing. Please help!

Tagged:

Comments

• Pwatts79
    Pwatts79 Member Posts: 1

My son's gabb watch will not power on. How do I tell if it's the charger that's not charging the watch or if it's the watch itself that needs to be fix or replace. I have an apple watch and tried the apple watch charger and vise versa and, it will not show any charging. Do any charger unit works or only GABB 3 watch charger work in the GABB watch.

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 449 Admin
    edited June 28

Hi @Pwatts79,

Sorry for any trouble you have experienced with your Gabb Watch 3. One way you can troubleshoot this is by following these steps:

1. Place the watch on the charger
    2. Press the back button (top right button) 10 times fast
    3. An image will appear on the watch
    4. Select the checkmark on the watch
    5. The watch will power off, factory reset, then power back on when it’s finished

If you do not receive the checkmark after step 2, we will know your device will need to be looked into to see if it qualifies for a replacement. Our Customer Support has contacted you to help troubleshoot this with you. Please respond back to them at your earliest convenience so receive help. Thank you!

-Reagan

• Adam79
    Adam79 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 28

received my warranty replacement today, the watch will not charge. if I perform step 2 above I do not get a checkmark on the watch

• ReaganKowal
    edited June 28

@Adam79 Sorry to hear you are still experiencing the trouble with your new Gabb Watch 3. It looks like you talked with our Customer Support and found that the charger is causing the issues here. It's good to see that a new charger is on its way to you now!

-Reagan

• ReaganKowal

Hi @Lpan19,

So sorry to hear you are experiencing trouble with your Gabb Watch 3 being stuck on a blank/black screen. Your frustration and disappointment is heard. We definitely want to ensure your device is working properly. Please follow these troubleshooting steps to help:

1. On the Watch: Factory Reset the watch
      2. Press the back button (top right button) 10 times fast
      3. An image will appear on the watch
      4. Select the checkmark on the watch
      5. The watch will power off, factory reset, then power back on when it’s finished
    2. Pair back to the watch as shown here

If your device does not respond after the step under B, our Customer Support can look further into this to see if you qualify for a replacement to be sent out to you. It looks like you have already reached out to our Customer Support and are in the process of getting this resolved. Thank you!

-Reagan

• Username12
    Username12 Member Posts: 2

I would like to see an answer to this question posted above and not addressed:

"I have an apple watch and tried the apple watch charger and vise versa and, it will not show any charging. Do any charger unit works or only GABB 3 watch charger work in the GABB watch."

My replacement came with no charger. I am using an apple charger…. worked for about 30 minutes. Now the device will not turn on at all. It vibrates as if it's going to come on, then nothing. On hold now for a very long time waiting for customer service.

• ReaganKowal

Good question @Username12! The charger that is used with an Apple Watch is not compatible with the Gabb Watch. We highly recommend using the charger that comes with the Gabb Watch itself.

Replacement chargers must be ordered separately from replacement device orders. It's great to see that you were able to get a new Gabb Watch charger order through our Customer Support. This new charger will help resolve any further trouble you are experiencing.

-Reagan

• Diersen412
    Diersen412 Member Posts: 1

I purchased a Gabb watch 3 for my daughter‘s birthday at the end of last November. It has stopped working and required a factory reset (and related re-entry of all contact and location information), three times at this point.

Lately it will work fine, when it is willing to take a charge, but it has become hyper-sensitive to what wall connection I am using to power the charger. It will often refuse to take a charge altogether. Randomly, it can always be woken up by my phone’s contact charger, but won’t take a charge from it.

As the battery percentage reduces it becomes more and more likely to not take a charge and more and more likely to not power on and wake up normally .

I’m gonna take a wild guess that the solution is another factory reset? But is this a known issue? This product would be great if myself and my kids weren’t being asked to beta test it.

• ReaganKowal

@Diersen412 Your frustration is heard. We apologize for any trouble the charging has caused you and your family. Since you have already followed the troubleshooting steps to help with this, our Customer Support will need to further investigate to see if a replacement charger is needed. They have reached out to you to help. Please respond back to them at your earliest convenience. Thank you!

-Reagan

• Skaty2003
    Skaty2003 Member Posts: 2

I am also experiencing a black screen. I have followed all the above trouble shooting suggestions and still nothing. Please help!!!!

• ReaganKowal

@Skaty2003,

So sorry to hear you are experiencing trouble with your Gabb Watch 3 after following the above troubleshooting steps. It looks like our Customer Support has reached out to you to further investigate this with you. Please respond to them at your earliest convenience. We want to ensure we get your device working properly again. Thanks!

-Reagan

• Mollioiler
    Mollioiler Member Posts: 1

my daughters watch will not do anything. I have tried the reset with pressing the back button 10 times and nothing happens. I have two children and both have watches, so I tried to use my other daughters charger and it doesn’t work either (even though it does work for that watch) so i know it’s not a charger problem. Any other tips or tricks out there? I cleaned it as well but no luck.

• ReaganKowal

Hello @Mollioiler,

Your post was merged into this post with other people who have experienced a similar situation. Thank you for following the troubleshooting steps you mentioned. Sorry to hear you are still experiencing this error after following those troubleshooting steps.

The next best troubleshooting steps to follow would be to further investigate this with our Customer Support to see if you qualify for a replacement to be sent to you. You can contact Customer Support by chat on www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT.

-Reagan

• JonSibug
    JonSibug Member Posts: 1

My daughter's Gabb Watch 3 will not power on. I tried the reset steps and I know it was fully charged last. It's barely two months old.

• ReaganKowal

@JonSibug Your post was merged into this post as there are several troubleshooting steps that can help with this situation. Hope this helps!

-Reagan

• Scott8789
    Scott8789 Member Posts: 2

Our Gabb 3 watch is doing the exact same thing! I have tried all of the troubleshooting above and nothing. Since we got it new it has always been rather hot to the touch so it may be defective.

• ReaganKowal
    edited August 5

@Scott8789 So sorry to hear that you are continuing to see this trouble with your device after following the above troubleshooting steps. Because you are still experiencing this issue, you can contact Customer Support by chat on www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT. They will be able to continue looking into this with you.

-Reagan

• hyperkell
    hyperkell Member Posts: 1

My daughters gabb 3 was just purchased 2 months ago. now she cant charge it, the screen wont come on. I got another charger thinking maybe thats it but its not. the watche when attaced to the charger vibrates fast for a minute then stops. I cant even get through to them on the chat board. I am sorry I bought this for her.

• ReaganKowal

Hello @hyperkell,

So sorry for any trouble you experienced with this error. It's great to see you were able to reach out to our Customer Support team to do the troubleshooting steps listed above. Because your device did not respond to the troubleshooting steps, our team was able to verify your device qualified for the Manufacturer Warranty and get a replacement sent out to you.

Thank you for working with us to get this resolved!

-Reagan

• Lnparsons
    Lnparsons Member Posts: 2

I’m having similar issues. The watch won’t turn on and the factory reset information is not working. The watch should be fully charged as it’s been on the charger overnight. Perhaps it’s a charger issue as above.

• MommaMandy
    MommaMandy Member Posts: 2

My daughters gabb3 watch suddenly will not turn on. We tried the reset, and no check mark appeared.... we have tried the 10sec hold-wait 5 min- then one click on power button... nothing. Not sure if it might be the charger? Help!

• Xdithy13
    Xdithy13 Member Posts: 2

@ReaganKowal I have followed the steps outlined above to do a factory reset and was successful in that I got the check, watch powered down and back on as if it was a new device. However, in my attempt to re-pair the watch, as indicated in the video you linked, when instead of setting up a new GabbID, I attempt to re-pair it to the now factory reset watch , the watch displays an error that the watch is already paired and must be unpaired but no instructions on how to do this are available that I have found when the watch has already been reset.

• ReaganKowal

Hello @Xdithy13,

So sorry to hear you were having trouble getting paired back to your device after successfully following these troubleshooting steps. It's great to see that you were able to reach out to our amazing Customer Support team for assistance getting paired to your device.

Thank you for working with us to get this resolved!

-Reagan

• Jnola2
    Jnola2 Member Posts: 2

Unfortunately I am having the same issue. When I press 10 times the message to reset quickly flashes on screen and then immediately goes dark, not allowing me to press the checkmark.

We purchased this watch back in late February and this will be the third (honestly think it might be the fourth) time needing to factory reset. I'm pretty disappointed, and now my child is left without a way to contact us.

• Gabb Product
    Gabb Product Administrator Posts: 62 Admin

Hello all!

We wanted to post a comment with all the troubleshooting steps all in one from the multiple comments above. If you are experiencing trouble with the Black Screen on your Gabb Watch 3, please follow all of these troubleshooting steps:

1. Troubleshoot with Battery
      1. Let the battery life completely deplete to 0%
      2. Charge it back to 100% and test again
    2. Hard reset (Factory Reset) on the Gabb Watch 3
      1. On the MyGabb App: Unpair the watch
        1. Select the "Devices" tab
        2. Select "Profile" on the watch you need to unpair
        3. Scroll to the bottom of the profile and select "Remove Device"
        4. Select "Remove and Reset"
      2. On the Watch: Factory Reset the watch
        2. Press the back button (top right button) 10 times fast
        3. Select the checkmark on the watch
        4. The watch will power off, factory reset, then power back on when it’s finished
        5. Pair back to the watch
    3. Replacement Gabb Watch 3 through the Manufacturer Warranty:
      1. If ALL troubleshooting has been exhausted, our team can verify if your device qualifies for a Manufacturer Warranty replacement
      2. To qualify for the Manufacturer Warranty, the device cannot have any damage to it including scratches, cracks, dents, water damage, etc.
      3. You can contact Customer Support by chat at www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT.

Thank you for troubleshooting with us to make this right!

-Gabb Product Team

• Jessicalin
    Jessicalin Member Posts: 2

My son’s Gabb watch 3 is doing the same thing. It is a blank screen and not charging at all. The only way I can tell it still has batteries is when I push both buttons at the same time - then it comes on briefly, but then powers down again. I’ve tried the troubleshooting steps above, but that does not work.

Please help.

• Keith
    Keith Member Posts: 8

Did you call support like in step number 3? They are awesome at working with people to get a replacement if the troubleshooting doesn't work. You gotta reach out tho.

@Jessicalin

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center