Melton_73
Melton_73 Member Posts: 2
edited September 10 in Gabb phones

I need to add apps for the phone

Comments

• ReaganKowal
    ReaganKowal Administrator, Moderator Posts: 427 Admin

Hi @Melton_73,

Depending on what Gabb Phone you have and the plan active on the line, your app selection will vary. Please follow these steps to add apps to your device:

🎉3rd party apps on the Gabb Phone 3 Pro and Gabb Phone 4 Pro

When a line is on the Advanced Plan on the Gabb Phone 3 Pro and Gabb Phone 4Pro, parents have access to 200+ (and constantly growing) 3rd party apps. To explore the available apps for the Gabb Phone 3 Pro on an Advanced Plan, see Gabb App Guide.

Managing 3rd party apps on your child’s Gabb Phone 3 Pro:

1. Sign in to your Gabb Account online at gabb.com/account
    2. Click on “Gabb App Store” and choose the app you’d like to enable
    3. Add the app you’d like your child to have access to
    4. Your child may now download the app from the Play Store app on their Gabb Phone 3 Pro

🎉3rd party apps on the Gabb Phone and Gabb Phone Plus

Gabb currently offers the following 3rd party apps for our Gabb Phone and Gabb Phone Plus. Sora (Gabb Phone Plus), Greenlight (Gabb Phone Plus), Weather (Gabb Phone and Gabb Phone Plus), Gospel Library (Gabb Phone and Gabb Phone Plus), Quran (Gabb Phone and Gabb Phone Plus), Bible App by Olive Tree (Gabb Phone and Gabb Phone Plus), GabbMaps (Gabb Phone, Gabb Phone Plus) and more!

Managing apps on a Gabb Phone or Gabb Phone Plus

1. Log into your parent Gabb Account online at gabb.com/account
    2. Select Gabb App Store
    3. Select applicable Gabb device
    4. Enable desired 3rd party appTo download the now-enabled app on the Gabb phone, make sure your Gabb device is connected to WiFi. Open the GabbID App on the device. You must be signed in on the GabbID App with the child’s GabbID. Tap check for updates. The app will now download and be in your app drawer on the device.

Hope this helps!

-Reagan

• TBo426
    TBo426 Member Posts: 2

I have Gabb Phone 4. When I login to my parent Gabb account online and click on the Gabb App Store, it says "There are currently no apps available for the device". I do not see the 7 3rd party apps available.

• ReaganKowal
    edited September 10

Hello @TBo426,

Great question! The 7 Parent-enabled Essential Apps are available to the Gabb Phone 4 on the Starter, Standard, and Advanced Plans. These apps include: Gabb Maps, Bible App by Olive Tree, Chabad.org Daily Torah Study, Chess, Gospel Library, Quran, Sora.

Here’s how to add one of these apps to your child’s Gabb Phone 4:

1. Ensure your child is logged into their Gabb ID in the Gabb ID app on the Gabb Phone 4
    2. Login to your MyGabb account from a web browser at Gabb.com
    3. Select Gabb App Store
    4. Select the app(s) you want to download
    5. Select Add next to the app’s name.
    6. Select Add App
    7. Open the Gabb ID app on the Gabb Phone 4 while connected to Wi-Fi
    8. Select Check for Updates
    9. The app will be added to the Phone

If you are unable to see the apps after following these steps, your Gabb Phone 4 may need to be synced to your account. Our Customer Support team can preform this sync. They can be contacted by chat at www.gabb.com, or by phone at 385.235.6646 Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m-6:30 p.m., MT or Saturday from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MT.

Hope this information helps!

-Reagan

• Bthom
    Bthom Member Posts: 1

how can I add an app to gabb4? Is there a search bar to look for a particular app?

• ReaganKowal

Hello @Bthom,

Your post was merged into this one as others have asked similar questions. Please refer to the steps above.

Thank you!

-Reagan

• Tina
    Tina Member Posts: 3

I have a Gabb Z2 phone and I was wondering why there aren’t more apps?

• Tina
    Tina Member Posts: 3

My child has a Gabb Z2 phone and she can’t get very many apps. She has just started high school and needs canvas, Duolingo, and some others. This has become a problem for her because she isn’t allowed much screen time on her tablet which is where her work is. It makes sense to me for Gabb to allow these apps in her kind of phone, as some others may have the same problem.

• ItsMaggie
    ItsMaggie Member Posts: 6

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the Z2 doesn't have the same apps that the pros have because the phone isn't able to support the apps or something. That was one of the many reasons why we upgraded to the gabb phone 4 pro model and made sure we had the plan that included more apps. @Tina you might want to see if you can upgrade because the 4 pro is seriously awesome! Its been sooo good for my kid🤩

Gabb Help Center

Explore articles and tutorials to answer your product questions.

Visit Help Center